Who will be the starting QB in 2011?

derekshank

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Bengals QB in 2011?

• Carson Palmer
    • Dan Lefevoure
    • A Rookie
    • A Free Agent or traded Veteran

I think Carson comes back as well and will be the starter.

If he's traded, I think they go get a free agent and allow LeFevour the chance to show if he has the ability to start.

So for me, it would depend on who the free agent would be.

I still think Carson is back for at least one more season. If things go well, more...

In my mind Palmer is a quitter, i dont care how bad your team/management is when you say you want out your a quitter. Hes as much to blame about last season as everyone is, and it makes me angry it came down to this :angry:

With that said, if Palmer comes back he comes back not sure i see it though. I think they should be teaching LeFevour the new offense as soon as possible to see what hes got. If they do not think he is the answer then they need to trade Palmer and get the best deal they can, and trade for Kevin Kolb someone who knows the west coast offense, and it young and rising.

I dont see a superstar QB in this years draft, dont waste a pick, when there are so many holes to fill first. They need to fix there o-line before getting a QB.

In my mind Palmer is a quitter, i dont care how bad your team/management is when you say you want out your a quitter. Hes as much to blame about last season as everyone is, and it makes me angry it came down to this :angry:

With that said, if Palmer comes back he comes back not sure i see it though. I think they should be teaching LeFevour the new offense as soon as possible to see what hes got. If they do not think he is the answer then they need to trade Palmer and get the best deal they can, and trade for Kevin Kolb someone who knows the west coast offense, and it young and rising.

I dont see a superstar QB in this years draft, dont waste a pick, when there are so many holes to fill first. They need to fix there o-line before getting a QB.

I think it was his wife. Think about it from her point of view. People are throwing trash on her lawn. I heard they were even saying stuff in front of her kids. I'd be pissed too. Palmer has been a good sport. The Bengals haven't helped him at all. Blew out knee, broken nose, hurt his elbow. No GM, no bubble, a total league joke. He said all of the right things, and some idiots trash him to his wife and kids? That's waaaaaaay out of line. We'll be lucky if he just doesn't retire.

So everyone here thinks Palmer changes his mind and actully wants to play here again??? I keep hearing that it dosnt matter what the bengals do he dosnt want to be here. So if he dosnt want to be here what makes everyone think he is going to give 100% when he dosnt even care??

Right now i just cant see Carson wanting to play here

What Carson "wants" to do or "giving 100%" could very well be an extended part of the conversation, but for the sake of simply answering the question here, I don't see how it's not Carson. For what it's worth, I don't think he wants to be here (duh), but I think if he truly wants to play, it will be in Cincinnati and his best chances to get out of town would be to play as well as he can.

As for the draft, I don't want to see any QB taken. NOT ONE.

That being said, I won't be surprised if they do.

I think it was his wife. Think about it from her point of view. People are throwing trash on her lawn. I heard they were even saying stuff in front of her kids. I'd be pissed too. Palmer has been a good sport. The Bengals haven't helped him at all. Blew out knee, broken nose, hurt his elbow. No GM, no bubble, a total league joke. He said all of the right things, and some idiots trash him to his wife and kids? That's waaaaaaay out of line. We'll be lucky if he just doesn't retire.

Well Carson signed that extention with the big money, he knew how Mike Brown was, he knew how Marvin coached, but yet he signed the contract to play with the Bengals. Im sorry but in my opinion is he dosnt come back then he quits on the bengals, he was as much of a problem last year then anyone on this team. He cant say that Mike Brown never gave him things he wanted, he asked Palmer what would make this team better, and Mike Brown gave him players that he asked for (Bryant,TO). So if Palmer wants to leave then screw him, maybe if he didnt throw so many pick 6 this year they would have won more games. Wish it didnt come down to this, its a real shame.

What Carson "wants" to do or "giving 100%" could very well be an extended part of the conversation, but for the sake of simply answering the question here, I don't see how it's not Carson. For what it's worth, I don't think he wants to be here (duh), but I think if he truly wants to play, it will be in Cincinnati and his best chances to get out of town would be to play as well as he can.

As for the draft, I don't want to see any QB taken. NOT ONE.

That being said, I won't be surprised if they do.

This week they need to talk to Carson, if he is still undecided then its time to let him go. They cant wait around forever for a player that is unsure if they wanna play for the Bengals. They need to go out and scout the QBs that will be available or a QB that they can trade for. Gruden and Marvin need to get toghter and figure out which QB will be the best for there new scheme. If i were them i would look at young QB

Dennis Dixon (Pitt back up)

Josh Johnson (TB back up also played under Jon Gruden so he would know the offense style)

Seneca Wallace

Kevin Kolb

Players like that who might have some upside in the WCO. If they go for a vet then maybe someone like McNabb for a year, somebody who played in the WCO for many years. Do not draft a QB this year if they feel none are worth it. Build up that o-line, and defense, and wait for the perfect QB to come available. I worry that they will panic and reach for someone, or they will wait to long on Carsons decision that they will have no one. Be smart Bengals