Bengals v. Bills-Week 11

jjakq27

I was surprised to see that the Bengals last win vs. Buffalo was in the 1989 AFC Championship Game during their Super Bowl run. Since then they have lost nine straight to the Bills. The one I remember is losing to them in 2005 during the playoff year. I think we may have clinched the division the week before.

Also this game is the lowest combined win total in a Bengals game this late in the season since Week 15 in 1998 when the Bengals and Colts were both 2-11.

ON the bright side, the Bills are last in rushing defense. So let's hold on to the ball this week and push 'em around a little.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101116/SPT02/11170345/1062/SPT/Bengals-Bills-scoring-report

And so it ends....the sellout streak will end at 57 games. I think it started with the Bengals upset of the Chiefs in 2003.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101117/SPT02/11180341/Bengals-sellout-streak-ends

Is there any more obvious example of the cruelty of the NFL's blackout policy?

Will this hurt the Bengals? Or the NFL? Aside from a few unsold tickets, not at all, and even that amounts to the NFL equivalent of change found between the couch cushions.

Who is the NFL screwing? Fans, local media and local businesses.

People need jobs? Businesses need sales? NFL says: f**k 'em. We could help. But we won't.

You guys actually believe we'll lose this game? Wake up. We've lost games this year due to stupid mistakes. The Bill have lost games because they flat out aren't any good. The Bengals will win this game and I think they'll do it in convincing fashion.

I agree wholeheartedly with COB on this one. Somehow, I will still manage to find little to no comfort in it, however.

And so it ends....the sellout streak will end at 57 games. I think it started with the Bengals upset of the Chiefs in 2003.

http://news.cincinna...out-streak-ends

Will this hurt the Bengals? Or the NFL? Aside from a few unsold tickets, not at all, and even that amounts to the NFL equivalent of change found between the couch cushions.

People need jobs? Businesses need sales? NFL says: f**k 'em. We could help. But we won't.

"Besides the Bengals, local sports bars and Channel 12 will be impacted. Channel 12 general manager Les Vann said local programming and infomercials would air in the 1 p.m. time slot. Vann also said that there would be a big loss in advertising revenue."

I think the NFL needs to relax the general rules especially in the current economy. Perhaps make it 80% or something like that. I know there is a faction of people that do not care to attend but "expect" the games to be on.

On the flipside, having a mandatory sell-out requirement is a form of motivation by the NFL to make sure their ownership is trying to put a successful product on the field thus guaranteeing a sellout. Empty stadiums does not go well with the NFL's brand image.

In the long run I don't think it will matter because someday I look for all of the games to be provided exclusively by the NFL Network....for a slight fee of course!

http://news.cincinna...out-streak-ends

On the flipside, having a mandatory sell-out requirement is a form of motivation by the NFL to make sure their ownership is trying to put a successful product on the field thus guaranteeing a sellout. Empty stadiums does not go well with the NFL's brand image.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:lmao:

I agree that that is the NFL's 'sellout theory', but we've sold out 57 straight since 2003--how has that panned out for putting a successful product on the field?

On the converse, prior to the economic disruptions, the worst teams in the league could sell out home games--first football is just that darn popular and second, sometimes people come to see the other team or a big star (Elway, Favre). Most bogus argument in the blackout debate--ask any fan in Cincy or Detroit.

Interesting. I was at the last blackedout game in 2003 against the Texans. Rudi Johnson had the ball for 40 plus carries. We made Carr look like an All-Pro but still hung on for the win.

Now, this weekend I will be there for the next blackout game. Going to tailgate, party with friends, and not give a s**t who wins. It's actually going to be a great time and I'm looking forward to it.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:lmao:

I agree that that is the NFL's 'sellout theory', but we've sold out 57 straight since 2003--how has that panned out for putting a successful product on the field?

On the converse, prior to the economic disruptions, the worst teams in the league could sell out home games--first football is just that darn popular and second, sometimes people come to see the other team or a big star (Elway, Favre). Most bogus argument in the blackout debate--ask any fan in Cincy or Detroit.

I think this is a carryover from the 1970's when ticket sales was one of the only means of generating revenue for the teams. But with the giant TV contracts, NFL apparel, revenue sharing and all of the other streams, home attendance isn't the necessity it once was. It's arcane for sure but I think they fear dropping the blackout rule would cut attendance and give much of the drink and concession revenue to the bar owners.

Just saw this, 3 Bengals shot some footage for the upcoming ESPN mag movie issue.

Tank, Dhani and Chad portray "The Hangover" and unlike the Bengals season, where we wish we could wake up on Monday and not remember what happened, this is how a 2-7 NFL team spends idle time. I suppose its better than them being out breaking the law.

Not sure if this was last week before Indy, or this week.

Beating the Bills will ceremoniously start the Dead Cat Bounce. Boing!

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I36W9HHBGs&feature=player_embedded

Statement from the team:

“We want to thank our fans for backing the Bengals during a record, seven-year streak of sellouts that has covered many memorable games and two division titles," the team said in a statement. "The Bengals’ fan base has been a strong one for all 43 of our seasons, and we deeply appreciate their support and the great home-field advantage they give us. We are sorry the streak won’t continue this week, but we have great fans who make every home game exciting, and we look forward to another enthusiastic crowd for our game against the Bills this Sunday.”

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Thursday-update-Official-blackout-Free-vieiwing-on-NFLcom-Fanene-shelved-for-year-Chad-rests/46835bc4-bce4-43e9-a56d-3e7f0c08a6a2

ON the bright side, the Bills are last in rushing defense. So let's hold on to the ball this week and push 'em around a little.

Shades of Tampa Bay?

They're horrible against the run the unwashed masses bleated ignorantly. The Bengals will return to the running game and restore order, they further bleated. They won't play pussified football against a less talented team, they rebleated.

Point blank, in any Bengal game that's being played soley for pride I'm going to put my money on the other guy...even if it's a home game and the other guy is the Buffalo Bills.

Bills - 17

Bengals - 16

You guys actually believe we'll lose this game?

Actually, until I see a fundamental change in the Bengals I'm left to assume the Bengals will lose ALL of their remaining games....regardless of opponent or location.

We've lost games this year due to stupid mistakes. The Bill have lost games because they flat out aren't any good.

True, the Bills have lost games due to a lack of talent while the Bengals have lost games inspite of their talent. In fact, the Bengals lose precisely because they consistently play as stupidly as they gameplan, right? So what reasons have led you to believe the Bengals will play smarter this weekend?

The Bengals will win this game and I think they'll do it in convincing fashion.

All of which begs the question, if the Bengals do mange to crush the Bills what will be proven, if anything?

So what reasons have led you to believe the Bengals will play smarter this weekend?

No reasons. I just reject your premise that the Bengals will have to play smarter to beat the Bills. They can play their patented brand of Attention Whore Ball, and still beat the woeful Bills.

All of which begs the question, if the Bengals do mange to crush the Bills what will be proven, if anything?

Assuming Chad has a big game, the only thing proven by a Bengals win will be that Chad is a garbage time magician, and a clutch time disappearing act. Also, if the sun comes up tommorow it will prove that the sun comes up every morning.

I just reject your premise that the Bengals will have to play smarter to beat the Bills. They can play their patented brand of Attention Whore Ball, and still beat the woeful Bills.

You say woeful as if the Bengals weren't. As if this weren't the season of angry men mowing lawns on Sunday afternoons. Are we not Moe? And hasn't woe come to Moe to such a degree that Moe must now mow?

Mow is We.

Assuming Chad has a big game, the only thing proven by a Bengals win will be that Chad is a garbage time magician, and a clutch time disappearing act.

And yet three out of four Bengal fans want the Bengals to pick up the option that brings Chad back for another season.

BengalNation, meet me at camera #3.

Nation, what the f**k is wrong with you? Are you s**t-brained? Have you no self-respect at all? Are you really so self-loathing that you actually WANT this s**t to continue? Are you f**king kidding me?

I'm looking at you, BengalNation. And I'm telling ya'....

Three out of four of you can go f**k yourselves.

:blowup2:

Mike will probably bring him back now, and say the fans wanted it. As if that ever controlled any of his other decisions.

Chad's prima donna act is a big part of what has been wrong with this franchise for the last 4 and a half years. Get him the hell out of here so someone can start a football team in Cincinnati.

Mike will probably bring him back now, and say the fans wanted it. As if that ever controlled any of his other decisions.

Chad's prima donna act is a big part of what has been wrong with this franchise for the last 4 and a half years. Get him the hell out of here so someone can start a football team in Cincinnati.

I hate to say it but there are a lot of Chad jersey's on the shelves that will go unsold if he doens't come back!

I agree about the prima donna stuff too. He and TJ chose to be separate from the rest of the team and in the end it hurt this team. He's never been a leader and never will.