Ben's situation

jjakq27

Goddell's arrogance in obnoxious. There is no ryhme or reason or method of how he seems to decide on these conditional suspensions. I took it as long as Ben R. didn't end up in trouble with the law again, his suspension would be 4 games. I'd be shocked if his suspension is more than 4 games.

FYI, just by "chance" the NFL didn't schedule any of the Steelers prime time games during his suspension. Anyone remember how they delayed the schedule release right around the time Goddell gave the suspension? Coincidence?

I can't even bring myself to care that much about what happens with Big Ben these days. I've already chalked up that he will have the 6 games reduced to 4 and right or wrong, it's simply how it goes. Why don't I care ?? Because the Steelers have other issues besides Ben to deal with and I'd rather focus on our Bengals and how scary good this team could be this season.

What I would love to see is when the Steelers come to town, have the whole stadium, chanting "SHE SAID NO", "RAPIST", or something to piss him off from the minute he takes the field. Big Ben is a piece of sh*t and I find it very funny that the self righteous fans of Pittsburgh that once proclaimed they wouldn't tolerate sh*t like that, simply agreed with the sacrifice of Santonio Holmes and went right back to loving Ben. Good job with that Steelers !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Per PFT Ben will ask the comish to lession his sentence to 3 games. Rooney says he agrees and will be there when he asks. What a fool, and worst part is i bet the comish will grant him that also. If he does i loose all respect for the comish, or whatever respect i had for him. If i was him i would keep it 6 games just because he is going to ask.

What I would love to see is when the Steelers come to town, have the whole stadium, chanting "SHE SAID NO", "RAPIST", or something to piss him off from the minute he takes the field.

I'd actually like to see a Bengals Promotion in which they give all college girls free tickets, then sit them right behind the Steeler bench. I mean, how could he possibly concentrate on the game with all those college girls just sitting there waiting to be molested ?

***Actually could work in 2 ways. They lose the game, and Ben gets suspended again for another sexual assault.

What was the incident a couple of months ago that got people wondering if he had learned his lesson? Wasn't he golfing somewhere and made some type of off-color remark or gesture?

He should get 6 and no less. Goddell shouldn't have dangled the good behavior card. If he wanted it to be four he should have made it four. Period.

They play the Ravens in Week 4, BTW.

-----------------------------------------------

Posted Aug 31, 2010

Statement from Steelers’ President Art Rooney II on Ben Roethlisberger “Ben Roethlisberger is scheduled to meet with Commissioner Goodell on Friday to discuss Ben’s upcoming suspension. We are looking forward to hearing from the Commissioner, but we will not have any further information or comment until after they speak.”

/>http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Art-Rooney-II-statement-on-Roethlisberger/0b80733d-3951-439e-8b24-ff01f7447b07

What was the incident a couple of months ago that got people wondering if he had learned his lesson? Wasn't he golfing somewhere and made some type of off-color remark or gesture?

The accusation claimed someone in the Roethlisbergers golf party had peed in public. Might have been Ben, but could very well have been one of his entourage. If allowed to speculate I'd guess it could have been one of the off-duty cops, the golfcart chauffeur, the bartender-for-rent, or even Ben's personal hair-greaser.

They play the Ravens in Week 4, BTW.

A Flyy on the wall?

Rooney2n's - C'mon Roger, all we're asking is that the suspension be reduced by half in exchange for good behavior. That's what the kid would get if he were in jail, right? And it's only one game less than the 4 games we both agreed to earlier. We both know that 6 games was just window dressing.

TheRoger - Yeah, but you're asking me to make an unsupportable arbitrary decsion that will unfairly impact the competitive balance of the AFC North.

Rooney2n's - Exactly.

TheRoger - Well, just so we're BOTH clear on that.

Rooney2n's - So you'll do it?

TheRoger - Of course I'll do it.

[Pause]

TheRoger - BTW, that's a very nice tie.

Rooney2ns - Thank you.

[Pause]

Rooney2ns - By the way, that's a very striking empty suit you're wearing. Can I ask where you got it?

TheRoger - What, this old thing? Well, I guess I shouldn't be suprised that you admire it, as it was a gift....from your father.

[Pause]

Rooney2ns - Well just so were BOTH clear on that.

[Pause]

TheRoger - So, three games it is. So, how about you and I end this charade and get some lunch. Waddayasay?

Rooney2ns - It's 10:02 in the morning.

[End]

Anyone remember how they delayed the schedule release right around the time Goddell gave the suspension? Coincidence?

No coincidence. Goodell has favorite franchises, and he uses the power of his office to protect and aid those franchises. I'm really surprised there isn't more objection to this. His actions aren't arbitrary, they're pretty purposeful.

Remember how our week one opponent, the Patriots, got caught cheating by taping other teams signals. And maybe their walk-throughs? Remember how there was a lot of speculation that the evidence showed a more pervasive pattern of cheating?

Remember how the commissioner fined the Pats a half a million bucks, then immediately DESTROYED THE EVIDENCE? I wonder what that evidence showed that compelled the commissioner to destroy it?

If it showed cheating on a scale that was commensurate with the punishment meted out, he would have released it.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a group of Steelers fans here in Sioux Falls I actually got along with in the sports bar I went to last week.

Believe it or not, there were about 15 Steelers fans in the bar and this guy walks in with a Roethlisberger jersey on.

Well, after the other fans saw his jersey, they all started giving the guy sh*t for wearing his jersey.

I just found it reassuring that some Steelers fans know the truth about that dirtbag.