3rd Round #2: Brandon Ghee

ArmyBengal

Ghee has good size and excellent speed for the position. He has the quickness and burst to be a solid coverage defender but lacks the foot agility, pad level and body positioning to be consistent in this area. Ghee has long arms and flashes the ability to jam and re-route receivers off the line of scrimmage but lets receivers get too much separation downfield too often. He is a willing run support defender but isn’t physical enough to make plays on larger ball carriers and receivers. Ghee needs to be more physical warding off blockers as well as wrapping up when tackling. Ghee has been a durable productive cornerback that has the size and athleticism to be a contributor at the next level but isn’t talented enough to impact a club as a rookie.

Not an overly positive review per NFL.com

Interesting pick. The way I look at it, he has great skills, but is inconsistent. The same could have been said for Trent and Zimmer and Coyle got him to play fairly well for most of the season. Definitely a flyer, but seems like a solid player.

Wonder if they'll try to make him into a FS. They say he's great in zone, but struggles a little in man coverage... and is extremely tough against bigger stronger receivers. That sounds more like a FS than a nickle corner to me.

Regardless, he'll have opportuinites to play, since neither the CBs or FSs have great depth after the starters.

Overall I'm real happy with the draft maybe not stars aligning type one last year but still a greast draft IMO.

Wonder if they'll try to make him into a FS. They say he's great in zone, but struggles a little in man coverage... and is extremely tough against bigger stronger receivers. That sounds more like a FS than a nickle corner to me.

Regardless, he'll have opportuinites to play, since neither the CBs or FSs have great depth after the starters. [\quote]

Wouldn't be to bad he'd hopefully have time to develop behind Crocker,Well still playing nickle or dime packages depending who wins him or trent.

A better version of Reggie Myles?

did someone say

REGGIE

FREAKIN

MYLES

?

*sob* and it wasnt me

Expect a reply from TJ Jackson.....

I miss him already, Pimp....

:lmao:

Forgot we still had Jones to tell you the truth. Makes this pick less intriguing...

I really hated our day 2 overall...

Sorry.

A bit disappointing for me as well. I'm chalking this up to the Coaching staff having some sort of plan for these guys, and hoping for the best at this point. Loved Gresham, ehhh after that.