Henry seriously hurt in car crash

icehole3

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was injured after coming out of the back of a pickup truck during a domestic dispute in north Charlotte.

Officers were called out to Oakdale Road near I-485 and Statesville Road just before noon in reference to a person down. When officers arrived, they found Henry in the road, with life-threatening injuries.

Paramedics transported Henry to Carolinas Medical Center, where he is being treated, according to police.

Police say Henry was involved in a "domestic situation" with his fiancee at 840 Peachtree Road. His fiancee, who was not named in a press release, got into a pickup truck and drove away from the home. As she was driving, police say, Henry jumped into the bed of the truck.

The domestic dispute continued between the driver of the truck and Henry. At some point, Henry came out of the back of the vehicle.

He was found by police about half a mile from the house in question.

A team spokesman confirmed that the parents of Henry's fiancee live in Charlotte, though it's unclear if he was visiting them.

Man, I hate to hear this, everything indicated that he was trying to do the right things to get his life in order... If reports are true that he jumped into the back of a pick up and then fell out, well, that was pretty poor judgement, but I can see many, many people doing that if u are arguing with your significant other...

Yeah, he screwed up alot, but most of his stuff was dumb/youth stuff that I didn't consider selfish actions in which he knew it would cause issues for everyone on the team (at least not on purpose). He never pis*ed me off as much as Chad, who only cares about himself and is willing to drag others through mud for his own benefits, so as much Chas has pis*ed me off, I was really, really pulling for Chris... Damn, this is upsetting...

Here is what 700 is saying...

700wlw

BREAKING: Chris Henry's fiancee, who has not yet been named, attempted to drive away from him following a "domestic situation."

700wlw

BREAKING: Bengals say Chris Henry suffered "very serious injuries." Police report severe head injuries on Henry

700wlw

BREAKING: Picture of Chris Henry accident scene and pickup truck. http://www.kiss107.com/pages/onair_jordan.html

700wlw

BREAKING: On Chris Henry, Police in Charlotte area declined to describe the extent of his injuries.

700wlw

BREAKING: Chris Henry accident happened around 2:30pm ET.

700wlw

BREAKING: Charlotte-Mecklenburg police confirmed that Chris Henry was fighting with his fiancee at time of accident.

700wlw

BREAKING: Chris Henry was taken to Charlotte Medical Center with life-threatening injuries after a serious accident. Head injuries.

I'm not so sure it's a case of some not liking him. We're not here to like the players personally and I'm absolutely positive that nobody, even a Steelers forum has a classy thread about it, wants him to lose his life. Especially as he has a young family etc.

This, if nothing else, serves to remind us all how truly unimportant football (all pro sports tbh) really is in the grand scheme of things.