Return of The Hamburglar?

HoosierCat

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what does an ex Bengal have to do to get blackballed by the Bengals? Hey Mike Brown, this fat body spit in your face after you paid him ridiculous money for what can charitably be described as halfass effort. Jesus f**king christ, wake up.

Mike Brown payed Shaun Smith a ridiculous amount of money? I could swore Shaun made like 6th round draft pick money which is about as cheap as you can get...hell he probably costs more now being a vet.

It amuses me that some people could so easily get bent out of shape,if not become irrational,at the mere mention that the Bengals have expressed some interest in bringing in Shaun Smith.As if he's Pacman Jones. As if the whiners have better insight into Smith than Marvin Lewis and the coaching staff that are already very familiar with the guy. He may be a loudmouth and even a bit obnoxious, but was he ever a real problem with this team? While Smith broke bad with the Browns,who could blame him? Anyway, until I hear that the players in the locker room are dead set against Shaun Smith,I won't subscribe to the notion that he is some kind of cancer that will harm this team. In the meantime, I'll simply note that Smith is one big and tough DT who definitely has some ability and might help this team on the field, if only for a week or two. Who else is there? John Thornton? When is the last time Thornton actually strapped on the pads? He may be in physical shape, but that certainly doesn't mean he is in game shape and ready to play now. I wouldn't mind seeing Clinton McDonald brought up off the practice squad, but who am I (or you) to question Marvin Lewis' decision if he decides that McDonald isn't ready to go? At any rate, bringing in Shaun Smith for a look-see is hardly a reason to start the teeth gnashing that I see from some of the people on this forum. Jesus, get a grip. And if the Bengals do actually sign him for the stretch run, I for one will be pulling for the Mouth of the South to provide some quality snaps for the seriously depleted DT unit. Moreover, if Smith is signed, I expect that the chance to play for a winning 1st place team will put him on his best behaviour. I fully expect the Bengals to make the best possible decision in bolstering the DT position, whatever that decision turns out to be.So there!

It's just funny that people can get so upset about something like this that doesn't matter, but then don't care that our offense can't score...something that does matter.

Defense 1st in Scoring with 15.6 points given up

Offense 16th in Scoring with 21.2 Points Scored

Sounds like a winning forumula to me since were 9-3

Mike Brown payed Shaun Smith a ridiculous amount of money?

What'd he make, several hundred thousand a year? Then to go off on a former employer like Smith did reveals what a total douchebag he is. I guess I was talking about a ridiculous amount of money for what we got from him, not where it fell on the NFL pay scale.

It's just funny that people can get so upset about something like this that doesn't matter, but then don't care that our offense can't score...something that does matter.

Good grief.

Joe are you just intentionally antagonizing your sparring partners in here, or do you really steam over the Bengals offense 24/7?

I fully expect the Bengals to make the best possible decision in bolstering the DT position, whatever that decision turns out to be.So there!

Right, because the last twenty years have earned them the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Face it, Mike Brown had been on a hot streak, so he's gotten away from making smart decisions. No way this turd helps the team. And if you think locker room chemistry isn't important, I'll point you toward 2005 and 2006.

Today,Chad tweeted on the Shaun Smith news and appeared to be enthusiastic about the possibility. If any player on the Bengals had reason to resent Smith,it is Chad. If he's OK with bringing Smith back,then I am too.

WTF are blueridge and Joe dribbling on about now? Yeah, hordes of us are teetering on our ledges about this. The only reactionary douchebags on this board are you. Shut your whore mouths.

There, I said it.

You said it...and the s**t is dribbling out rather than the usual string of saliva.

Defense 1st in Scoring with 15.6 points given up

Offense 16th in Scoring with 21.2 Points Scored

Sounds like a winning forumula to me since were 9-3

Actually, I believe that the scoring average you listed is for our entire team, not for our offense. Our defense has scored some TDs, and we have some kick returns too.

Likewise, the points given up is for our entire team. It is NOT how many points our defense has given up. Take away the points that our offense has allowed, such as INTs returned for TDs, and our defense actually gives up less points than that per game.

(Just a little pet peeve of mine. It makes no sense to me why they rank defenses according to how many points they allow per game, and then don't even count how many points the defense has actually allowed. If they want to say the Bengals, as a team, allow a certain amount of points per game, that is fine.

I mean, if we play the Vikings next weeek, and Carson throws 2 picks that get returned for TDs, and Benson fumbles and gets it returned for a TD, all in the first half, are we going to complain about how much our defense sucks because we've given up 21 points in a half? I don't think so.)

Actually, I believe that the scoring average you listed is for our entire team, not for our offense. Our defense has scored some TDs, and we have some kick returns too

Blame nfl.com they list Defensive Touchdowns as offensive scoring.

I know. I never understood why the offense gets credit when the defense scores a TD. Or why the defense gets the blame when the offense gives up a score, like a TD or a safety.

Rub a little dirt on it.

Rub a little butter on it.

Rub a little skin graft on it.

Throw a poncho over it, put a sombrero on it.

Fine it $30,000.

Trade it to Dan Snyder for 2 first round picks.

Hell, I'll even throw in Shaun Smith on the deal.