Official Browns @ Bengals Game Thread!

derekshank

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well offense once again was no where in the second half again, we need to thank the defense again for this game. The offense better figure something out here for the rest of the season. Offense is just not the same this year, is there reason for concern. The run offense looks good but thats just it. There will be times when they need Carson and his arm, can they get it back?

Larry looked great today, what a great running game this team has. Im happy about the win, i just hope they get there pass offense going, and figure out these stupid penalties!

The penalties concern me more than anything. We had a couple of good passes called back due to penalties, and the pass game is all about timing and rhythm. Hopefully they can get it straightened out. At the moment, though, I'll take a win any way we can get it, and try not to think about last week and the fact that we should have 9 wins right now :P

very ugly win. sole high note was the run game. gotta love LJ. passing game sucked, defense was lucky they played the turds, and not someone capable. things need to change fast if we want to do something in the playoffs.

What the hell? Ugly? Defense played great. Run game was awesome.

Larry looked great today, what a great running game this team has. Im happy about the win, i just hope they get there pass offense going, and figure out these stupid penalties!

The penalties concern me more than anything. We had a couple of good passes called back due to penalties, and the pass game is all about timing and rhythm. Hopefully they can get it straightened out. At the moment, though, I'll take a win any way we can get it, and try not to think about last week and the fact that we should have 9 wins right now :P

Yeah, the offensive line penalties worry the hell out of me. It's a problem they've had for years....I blame Alexander for that...it's coaching and it's his job.

One thing left to say - GO RAVENS!

Can't see Dennis Dixon being anywhere near successful in his first NFL start on the road against the Baltimore Ravens. M&T Bank Stadium is probably the loudest outdoor stadium in the league and the Ravens are beyond desperate for a win this week.

I don't see the Steelers coming away with a win tonight....The chances of that happening are about 5%. Dixon might pose some problems but his style of QBing doesn't fit the Steelers well...Apparently the back up is Palko..another freaking loser.....

Other than that.....Bengals seem to be sluggish again, at least they were able to throw the football into the endzone...but if they play that way in two weeks against Minnesota and then the following week against SD...it will be two losses....can't afford to play down....these are playoff games...each and everyone...but going 6-0 in division is huge

For me, the big thing -- aside from the obvious, the win -- from this game is a hug heap of confidence for the bengals in Larry Johnson. Clearly they were not comfortable giving him carries last week, and he still got sparing use early this game. But after 3 carries for 35 yards he started to get the ball more and ended up with more carries than the starter, Scott. If Benson is still down next week I look for LJ to take over the starting role with Scott going back into a third-down role.

Yeah, the offensive line penalties worry the hell out of me. It's a problem they've had for years....I blame Alexander for that...it's coaching and it's his job.

Just got back from watching the game.

I am officially in the "There is something wrong with Palmer" column. Poor throws were everywhere.

I watched very closely at his mechanics when he throws and there is something amiss. It is almost like he has a shoulder injury. His motion is more like Philip Rivers, where he has a low, short push of a throw. It does not look right and is contributing to his poor throws. They better figure this out with his arm.

LJ and Bernard Scott look like beasts. Getting Benson back is going to make this running game a terror for opposition.

the defense did a great job.

Overall, the penalties were atrocious. At this point of the year, I am alarmed that they cannot play with more discipline. Chad had another stupid penalty.

Playcalls were again staggeringly stupid. A pitch to Leonard from the shotgun on 3rd and 7? WTF? Quite a few stupid plays.

All in all, about as bad a game as last week, without the turnovers. Playing down to an opponent, and just looking like they want to be somewhere else mid-way to the 3rd quarter.

'nuff said. Better tighten things up because after detroit, they enter the "gauntlet" which will decide how far they could go after the jets game.