Official Browns @ Bengals Game Thread!

derekshank

The Bengals offense actually appears quite capable. For some reason they just manage to leave points on the field time and time again. Settling for FGs, missing FGs, penalties, you name it.

If they can find a way to get out ittheir own way, this team is very dangerous. But you can't leave points on the field as often as they do and beat good teams consistently.

I understand what you're saying but these two statements do not compute. The potential is there and the O is liberally sprinkled with talent. However, the lack of execution and indiscipline negates the talent and the offense, for all but two games so far, has been mediocre most weeks to downright embarrassing at times.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bengals offense actually appears quite capable. For some reason they just manage to leave points on the field time and time again. Settling for FGs, missing FGs, penalties, you name it.

If they can find a way to get out ittheir own way, this team is very dangerous. But you can't leave points on the field as often as they do and beat good teams consistently.

I understand what you're saying but these two statements do not compute. The potential is there and the O is liberally sprinkled with talent. However, the lack of execution and indiscipline negates the talent and the offense, for all but two games so far, has been mediocre most weeks to downright embarrassing at times.

They compute to me. They move the ball damn well. They are the best team in the NFL at converting 3rd and long. But they shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

For whatever reason, they don't put up a lot of points. They put up good stats and they control the clock. But they seem to lack discipline, and they stall out a lot. This isn't last year's team that lacked the ability to do anything positive. This is an offense that gets in it's own way... so yes. They are very capable, despite the fact that they leave so many points out there.

They compute to me. They move the ball damn well. They are the best team in the NFL at converting 3rd and long. But they shoot themselves in the foot over and over again.

For whatever reason, they don't put up a lot of points. They put up good stats and they control the clock. But they seem to lack discipline, and they stall out a lot. This isn't last year's team that lacked the ability to do anything positive. This is an offense that gets in it's own way... so yes. They are very capable, despite the fact that they leave so many points out there.

Fair enough and I can see your POV. A capable offense does not do those things though, to me anyway. Agree to disagree. They have all the talent and potential to be not only capable but downright dominant but something else, whatever it is - mentality, inexperience, lack of focus or discipline, is missing.