I think Bernard is the best RB on the team

walzav29

Benson probably would/will avg more yards per carry but in the NFL you need a guy who can take the pounding first; then a Bernard Scott can come in and do his thing. But if Benson doesn't run for 100 yards on his 27 carries then there isn't much for Scott to do. That's why LJ was signed.

Well, so far I'd say that Scott needs to stay in the roll he's currently in. Change of pace back and kick returner. He's already left two games with injuries. Until he proves that he can stay healthy he shouldn't get the bulk of the carries.

I'm not trying to downgrade Cedric, I'm praising Scott.

Yeah, I get that.

I'm just choking on the claim Scott is the best RB on the team.

He isn't.

In fact, if judged soley as an NFL running back aren't we all still waiting for Bernard Scott's first highlight?

First regular season RB highlight maybe. But his St. Louis run was pretty awesome. (The one from the 2 yard line to get the first down)

But IMO I still thing he is very raw. He doesn't hit the hole very hard. He isnt that super quick guy either - he is somewhere inbetween.

He is not better than Benson at this point. But I love his potential. And I look very forward to the next few games to see how he handles it.

As long as we are being completely stupid, I also think J.T O'Sullivan and Jordan Palmer are the two best QBs on this team.

And the Cleveland Browns are the best team in our division.

And JoePong is the most logical and intelligent poster on this board. And the nicest.

...but in the NFL you need a guy who can take the pounding first...

Ced delivers poundings. Bernard is a totally different animal. It's apples to oranges so any comparison is kind of invalid. If they had started the season with B Scott as their starters they wouldn't even have run the same plays, or had the same run/pass mix. Which is why they shored up with LJ, they can still pound it and keep the run/pass ratio they want. Bernard couldn't do that.

As long as we are being completely stupid, I also think J.T O'Sullivan and Jordan Palmer are the two best QBs on this team.

And JoePong is the most logical and intelligent poster on this board. And the nicest.

And agizzle is having TJ and his family over for Thanksgiving Dinner.

And agizzle is having TJ and his family over for Thanksgiving Dinner.

And the Bengals are 7-2 and hold the AFC North by a rear naked choke.

Wait, that one is correct....

Not trying to be an ass but a change of pace back? yeah, I understand the intention behind the expression but Benson is faster than Scott. Scott is a tricky runner and has a great burst and is a different type of RB to Ced. Glad he'll be on the team in yrs to come but he is in absolutely no way our Chris Johnson either. In fact, he'll always be our Bernard Scott who will be doing his thing in 3 yrs behind our next big fast back.

Bernard is DEFINITELY our best returner, and despite the bashing I will still hold onto my belief. We shall see. After all. No one doubted Benson after his 1st 9 games. James Brooks or Ickey?

Let me say I am 100% in Ced's corner. I'm just telling you after this Sunday you'll be saying Hmmmmmmmm.

I think he just needs the chance. I love what Ced has done, and I don't think that B. Scott could take that type of beating. But I think this week he'll show that he is one hell of an explosive back. I predict he goes over 130 yds.

If Scott does go over 130 yards, it would not surprise me one bit. The Raiders are ranked 29th on rush defense. Not only that but he is looking better and better each time he plays. And no, I don't think he's the best RB on the team. Maybe later on? Who knows. Only time will tell. But for now Benson is the best RB on the team.

Not trying to be an ass but a change of pace back? yeah, I understand the intention behind the expression but Benson is faster than Scott. Scott is a tricky runner and has a great burst and is a different type of RB to Ced. Glad he'll be on the team in yrs to come but he is in absolutely no way our Chris Johnson either. In fact, he'll always be our Bernard Scott who will be doing his thing in 3 yrs behind our next big fast back.

What you just said is what makes him a change of pace back. It has nothing to do with speed and has everything to do with your style of running. As you said, Bernard is shifty and makes people miss. Benson has a couple of moves but mostly just runs people over. Therefore, change of pace.

Also, Chris Johnson isn't a change of pace back. He's leading the league in rushing and Lendale White has hardly seen the field this year.

What you just said is what makes him a change of pace back. It has nothing to do with speed and has everything to do with your style of running. As you said, Bernard is shifty and makes people miss. Benson has a couple of moves but mostly just runs people over. Therefore, change of pace.

Also, Chris Johnson isn't a change of pace back. He's leading the league in rushing and Lendale White has hardly seen the field this year.

Yeah, OK. :P

I get what you're saying but really, it's not a change of pace in the sense of Stewart/Williams in Carolina for example.

I like Scott, a lot. But he's not the biggest and he doesn't have much speed. He does his thing and is a hell of an asset but he will never be a #1 back, especially not in this division.

I never suggested Chris Johnson was a change of pace back so not really sure what you want me to say about that...

Yeah, OK. :P

I get what you're saying but really, it's not a change of pace in the sense of Stewart/Williams in Carolina for example.

I like Scott, a lot. But he's not the biggest and he doesn't have much speed. He does his thing and is a hell of an asset but he will never be a #1 back, especially not in this division.

I never suggested Chris Johnson was a change of pace back so not really sure what you want me to say about that...

Well, I wasn't the one who suggested he was a #1 so I agree with you on that.

When you suggested the Scott wasn't our Chris Johnson I wasn't sure what exactly you were trying to say...so I don't know what I want you to say about that either. :lol:

Fair enough on the time TJ, I was going off the nfl.com combine results but everyone has an off day and it might have helped him drop to us so I'll take it.

RE: Chris Johnson - speed kills. However fast Scott runs, he doesn't have that speed. Nobody else does at the RB position currently. Nor is Scott that big bruiser. What Scott does have is great movement and a good pair of hands.

Nice link there Pidge. Check out Darius Heyward-Bey's time. 4.30, fastest in the receiver group. It was love at first sight between Al Davis and that 40 time. Poor Al, forever in love with measurables, still too stupid to evaluate the great intangible - how well do they play football.

PS - That quarterback they just benched had incredible arm strength. Al probably figured strongest arm, fastest receiver, that means no one can stop us and we win!