Roy Williams to IR

BengalsMan3203

I have no problem with Ndukwe at all. He played extremely well last year and was one of the emerging talents of the defense. I fully expect him to step in and play well.

Nelson might see a little more time in certain spots now I guess.

Since Roy hasn't been on the field in week and weeks, I dont think you'll see much change at the S spot due to this move

What does that mean for Simpson, he's still not activated?

Right

6 wr on roster.

Wish practice squad was like minor leagues. Send simpson down for a bit.

We dont know who is dressing though, but this move does point at Purify.

Any word on Andre?

No biggie on Roy Williams. He's only played in like 3 games for us. Right now I don't sign him back next year at all.

I think Purify is legit. I wanted him to make the final 53 anyways so I can't wait to see him play. What to do with Chris Henry? He didn't have much production but the D had to respect him deep.

Bengals placed SS Roy Williams on injured reserve with a re-fractured forearm, ending his season.

Chinedum Ndukwe will close out the year as Cincinnati's starting strong safety, and Hard Knocks hero Tom Nelson will be active on game days. Williams' forearm injuries have become chronic, costing the once-feared safety nearly all of 2008 and 2009. Williams was on a one-year contract with the Bengals. The club will likely look for a long-term upgrade this offseason

More per rotoworld.

No biggie on Roy Williams.

I disagree. Even in the time he hasn't been playing he's been a great influence and mentor for the players on this defense. And when he did play he was productive. I say bring him back.

It would be a big deal from a leadership perspective if we did not have Crocker who, like Williams, is a veteran and gives the D much unity and identity.

Kind of a bummer right now because while Ndukwe has been improved, he is still susceptible to double-moves and often misses his hand-offs in zone.

Depending on the injury, Roy could be looking at FA again. He did show he still has game, but also that his legendary durability is gone. It is possible they resign him but he is not the future.

I think this pushes S up the draft "needs" chart. Nelson will still develop, Crocker is very good, Ndukwe is progressing and adding another to the mix will stabilize things.

tuff but not really worried he hasnt played for weeks now. and i think purify could be really key here. if he's practicing as these top notch receivers for the bengals D (driver, johnson) week in and week out, he must have at least some decent timing with carson also(??). maybe thats why he was lobbying for him. im very interested to see how it plays out

My only concern with Nelson is his size.. The dude is tiny. His speed is amazing though. Hopefully he can fly in under the radar in certain situations.

Best memory of Nelson in Hard Knocks was when he was on the carraige ride with his girlfriend and the guy asked "what brings you to town." Nelson replied "Job hunting."

I like that Carson supports having him get on the field. It means he genuinely likes Purify or is not enamored with Simpson.

I take it with a grain of salt, as Carson has always been a Chatman and Watson booster, too. So, you've got that.

I think Simpson is the long term replacement for CJ at this point. Or a bust. I am coming over the "bust" side of the argument.

Then again, Purify gets on the field in teams, which is not be overlooked this week as Brandon Johnson leaves that unit as they can't risk him with him starting in place of Rivers.