DON"T READ THIS IF YOU HATE BENGAL OPTIMISM

walzav29

You've been warned, but the team that scares me the most when it comes to the playoffs are the Colts, and although the Bengals D got used last year. I think Zimmer has more bullets this season and I point to his Cowboys of 2006 along with Palmer and the running game to say we could easily hang with them

/>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200611190dal.htm

Who Dey to all!

Yeah a bit premature. If they win at least one of the next two, then I'd post/write such an article maybe. If they win both then I'm all about playoff talk.

They certainly are in the right spot so far, no complaints there, but am not punching that ticket yet by any means, ecspecially in this division.

They have shown that they can be good enough that it will not be suprising if they win both games

They have shown that they can also come out flat, as they did versus Houston, and so it will not be suprising if they lose both games

Although neither outcome will therefore be suprising to me at either of the next two games, I am very pleased that they clearly have a much better chance to come out with a W than they have in previous years, mostly on the strength of a solidly good D and good OL play.

Really....thats the number one suprise for me this year - that we are getting better than average performance from the OL, when they were so awful last year

It would be great if we won both, but I think the Steelers game is the more important of the 2. I believe the Bengals will finish with a better record than the Ravens. They may end up with the sam record as the Steelers, and thats why that matchup is more important. If they win just 1 of these next 2, they will most likely end up with a 5-1 divisional record (we should beat Cleveland a 2nd time). If they lose 1 of the next 2, they will be 6-3 with a remaining schedule of @ Oakland(2-6) Cleveland(1-7) Detroit(1-6) @ Minnesota (7-1) @ San Diego (4-3) KC (1-6) and @ Jets (4-4) Thats a Combined 20-33 record as of right now.

Bengals rout...

41-13.

Ravens D misses Rex Ryan. Does not have strong corners, and won't be able to stop Benson and this O-line.

Bengals D can get to Flacco and will neutralize Rice. Not very scared of the Ravens offense.

Kick away from Webb and hope Caldwell and Quan can get some decent field position...

I think this whole think works to our favor. The Ravens are pissed they lost the game and even more pissed that Benson gashed them. They will be going for the throat in the attempts to stop the run and Carson throws all day long against their weak secondary. That is truly the weakness of that defense and I think the Bengals show it this week.

Bengals 31

Ravens 21

See, they think they are better than us. They are stuck in the past. This is a new yr and a radically changed Bengals team. They were better than older bengals teams (although they still lost more than they won against those rag-tag collections of misfits in stripes) So far, against this team, they got owned, in their own house.

Ray said himself - ask me.. same old Bengals. Well he's sorta right I guess. He does usually lose to us.

Offensive line needs to show up big on Sunday. Also the defense needs to slow down Ray Rice, and his running game or the screen game. Lets hope the defense takes them out of there game plan!!!

Just read something that made no sense, "the Ravens are a great football team, because they have alomst won all of there games, they could be 7-0 right now." "The Bengals have not been a very dominating team they have almost lost all of there games this year, they only won there games by a total of 16 points. So the Ravens are a more dominating team lol lol what they heck kind of statement is that. Everybody always has to find a way to put down the Bengals in some way! What a great way to shut peope up by winning this week, and the next!

I think this whole think works to our favor. The Ravens are pissed they lost the game and even more pissed that Benson gashed them. They will be going for the throat in the attempts to stop the run and Carson throws all day long against their weak secondary. That is truly the weakness of that defense and I think the Bengals show it this week.

Bengals 31

Ravens 21

As long as the O-Line protects Carson.......

Bengals 31

Ravens 21

As they have done all season. I'm sold on this line. It's not premier yet but solid enough in pass protection and so efficient in the run game. They put the penalty situation to rest once and for all, as they showed improvement on that front against the teddy bears, and this team hangs with anyone offensively.

Bengals 31

Ravens 21

As they have done all season. I'm sold on this line. It's not premier yet but solid enough in pass protection and so efficient in the run game. They put the penalty situation to rest once and for all, as they showed improvement on that front against the teddy bears, and this team hangs with anyone offensively.

To add, not like that's been a problem this season, so no reason to think it will be this week.

This is great and there is no reason NOT to be optimistic. We're winning the division. The key to me is evolving this offense into a running machine. I think Smith will play after the Steeler game. Running in December baby! They have to get Scott involved to get him experience and Ced a break. Keep Benson fresh!

They have to get Scott involved to get him experience and Ced a break.

While I get what you are saying, I think the only time they look to get Ced a break is sometime after the Steelers game next week and ONLY if the Bengals are up by a few scores. Otherwise, Ced keeps getting a HUGE amount of carries.

Another option would be to lock up the Division by week 14 and give Benson ALL kinds of time to rest !!! :sure:

While I get what you are saying, I think the only time they look to get Ced a break is sometime after the Steelers game next week and ONLY if the Bengals are up by a few scores. Otherwise, Ced keeps getting a HUGE amount of carries.

Another option would be to lock up the Division by week 14 and give Benson ALL kinds of time to rest !!! :sure:

I'm really only saying take ced out of games that are already well in hand, assuming that happens

Not saying pull Ced as the starter. Not at all. Not even in the games against struggling teams like Cleveland, Oakland, KC, and Detroit.

Just saying if we have the game *clearly* won, pull him and put in the reserves to prevent injury and to get the reserves ready

I'm really only saying take ced out of games that are already well in hand, assuming that happens

Not saying pull Ced as the starter. Not at all. Not even in the games against struggling teams like Cleveland, Oakland, KC, and Detroit.

Just saying if we have the game *clearly* won, pull him and put in the reserves to prevent injury and to get the reserves ready

Agree with TJ. Once the game is in hand...bring in Leonard and Scott. Heck, let Jeremi run a few. I am talking about insurmountable leads, say a 31-0 type affair, which I could see against Detroit, Cleveland and KC.

Also could see getting JT into the game should that occur as well. Palmer does not need any idiots stumbling their 285 lb bodies into his knees.

could see getting JT into the game should that occur as well. Palmer does not need any idiots stumbling their 285 lb bodies into his knees.

Exactly, same concept - and you never know, you may need your backups to play, injury can take a starter at any time.

Take the opportunity to give your backups some game snaps when possible, when late and well ahead....17 points (three scores) or more should suffice, as well as our D has played