Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

The whole "7-11 always open" thing is something Chad really believes. In which case, when he isn't getting the ball, there can be (in Chad's mind) only one explanation: the team is deliberately not throwing the ball his way.

That's a lovely excuse Chad offers for his miserable numbers last season, but let's look closer at what his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions really means.

Chad thinks he's always open so when he doesn't get the ball it must be because the owner is deliberately attempting to harm Chad's reputation, and that owner doesn't care one bit if his unfair vendetta causes the team to lose. But it doesn't end there because Chad's accusation also implicates the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the wide receiver coach, and a host of players. All of them being accused of putting winning aside so that poor Chad could be punished by an owner who was angered by Chad's year-long temper tantrum.

Ridiculous? Absolutely, but Chad just refused an opportunity to refute the claim. In fact, he repeated it and said he still believes it to be the truth.

Let's not forget that Palmer played 4 games last season.. Without Palmer, there is no 85 (emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a lovely excuse Chad offers for his miserable numbers last season, but let's look closer at what his refusal to accept responsibility for his actions really means.

Chad thinks he's always open so when he doesn't get the ball it must be because the owner is deliberately attempting to harm Chad's reputation, and that owner doesn't care one bit if his unfair vendetta causes the team to lose. But it doesn't end there because Chad's accusation also implicates the head coach, the offensive coordinator, the wide receiver coach, and a host of players. All of them being accused of putting winning aside so that poor Chad could be punished by an owner who was angered by Chad's year-long temper tantrum.

Ridiculous? Absolutely, but Chad just refused an opportunity to refute the claim. In fact, he repeated it and said he still believes it to be the truth.

I thought chad had said he wasn't right in the head & Wasn't in shape (weighing 175 lbs vs 190) was the reason for his drop off :P sounds like what pretty much happened to me.

The whole "7-11 always open" thing is something Chad really believes. In which case, when he isn't getting the ball, there can be (in Chad's mind) only one explanation: the team is deliberately not throwing the ball his way.

Let's not forget that Palmer played 4 games last season.. Without Palmer, there is no 85 (emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc).

So Ocho Dinko is only good when he has a good QB throwing him the ball? TJ had a good year last year. So by your logic, TJ is a better receiver, right?

Well, when you put it like that, it makes him sound like a narcissistic idiot with a most tenuous grasp on reality.

So Ocho Dinko is only good when he has a good QB throwing him the ball? TJ had a good year last year. So by your logic, TJ is a better receiver, right?

No... The point is that Chad gave up because he lost his QB. He lost his motivation because he knew that we didn't have a chance. He wants to win. He's only one guy, he can only do so much to help his team win. With no support from the ownership it's kinda hard to do. Fitzpatrick wasn't going to lead us anywhere.

Now get back to the Moss thing that you are trying to escape.

You call me an idiot, THEN you specifically say in your post that Randy Moss "hasn't been the best since his last year in Minnesota."

No... The point is that Chad gave up because he lost his QB. He lost his motivation because he knew that we didn't have a chance. He wants to win. He's only one guy, he can only do so much to help his team win. With no support from the ownership it's kinda hard to do. Fitzpatrick wasn't going to lead us anywhere.

I didn't escape anything, I already posted a response to your pathetic statement. I bet if you try, you might even find it.

As for you other contention, Dinko quit before Palmer got hurt. He's admitted, you refuse to accept or acknowledge that fact.

Secondly, lets pretend that you are a football coach and you're WR quits trying because you're #1 QB is hurt. You're ok with that?

I didn't escape anything, I already posted a response to your pathetic statement. I bet if you try, you might even find it.

As for you other contention, Dinko quit before Palmer got hurt. He's admitted, you refuse to accept or acknowledge that fact.

Secondly, lets pretend that you are a football coach and you're WR quits trying because you're #1 QB is hurt. You're ok with that?

Post the link that says Chad admits to quitting. You're taking it out of context.. And no you didn't answer the question..

You specifically say in your post that Randy Moss "hasn't been the best since his last year in Minnesota." What do you call 2007?

Just admit that was the stupidest thing you've ever said.

I would do exactly what Marvin Lewis is doing right now Ron. That's what I would do. What about you?

That's a lovely excuse Chad offers for his miserable numbers last season,

Just to be clear, that's not Chad talking, that's Hue Jackson.

Post the link that says Chad admits to quitting. You're taking it out of context.. And no you didn't answer the question..

You specifically say in your post that Randy Moss "hasn't been the best since his last year in Minnesota." What do you call 2007?

I would do exactly what Marvin Lewis is doing right now Ron. That's what I would do. What about you?

You bought his book, right? I'm sure it's in there. Chad admitted in many interviews both before this season and during the preseason that he tanked it right from the start of the 2008 off season. Try using google, you'll find plenty of evidence.

FYI, the stupidest (which isn't really a word, greenie) thing I've ever said is, "Nice post, Agreen." Wait...nevermind. I've never said that.

2007 was a fluke by Moss. Brady threw 50 TDs that year and somebody had to catch them. Look at his stats before that year and until now. Of course, you'll probably say some lame s**t like he was playing for Oakland and Brady was hurt last year but for a really good WR, that doesn't matter. Of course, you probably defend the way Moss tanked in Oakland, too.

You bought his book, right? I'm sure it's in there. Chad admitted in many interviews both before this season and during the preseason that he tanked it right from the start of the 2008 off season. Try using google, you'll find plenty of evidence.

FYI, the stupidest (which isn't really a word, greenie) thing I've ever said is, "Nice post, Agreen." Wait...nevermind. I've never said that.

2007 was a fluke by Moss. Brady threw 50 TDs that year and somebody had to catch them. Look at his stats before that year and until now. Of course, you'll probably say some lame s**t like he was playing for Oakland and Brady was hurt last year but for a really good WR, that doesn't matter. Of course, you probably defend the way Moss tanked in Oakland, too.

WOW Now I'm LMAO.. A fluke by Moss? I'm done. You make yourself look bad. I don't have to say anything.

It's still..

Moss

Fitzgerald

OchoCinco

Top 3. Hands down.

A. Johnson

R. Wayne (because he's a product of Manning)

That's your Top 5, in that order.

Agreen's out... No Gizzle's out. I've had enough today.

WOW Now I'm LMAO.. A fluke by Moss? I'm done. You make yourself look bad. I don't have to say anything.

It's still..

Moss

Fitzgerald

OchoCinco

Top 3. Hands down.

A. Johnson

R. Wayne (because he's a product of Manning)

That's your Top 5, in that order.

Pretty convenient of you to not respond with anything resembling a coherent argument.

Here's Moss' stats since he left Minny:

Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

2008 16 16 69 1,008 14.6 76T 11 2 0 0.0 2 0 3 2

2007 16 16 98 1,493 15.2 65T 23 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2006 13 13 42 553 13.2 51 3 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2005 16 15 60 1,005 16.8 79 8 -- -- -- -- -- -- --

So yeah, it was a fluke.

BTW, you quitting like that is just like your hero.....Ocho Dinko.

Christ I hate this product of *insert QB here* nonsense. Completely disregards an entire career in some cases and it's utter laziness. Jerry Rice was a product of Joe Montana and Steve Young, two HOF QBs. This is easy. All he had to do was show up I guess.

Of course having a good QB helps FFS. It's why every single franchise desperately, and sometimes to the point of lunacy, scrabbles around for one. s**t, the Lions have been looking for one for about 50 yrs now.

Christ I had this product of *insert QB here* nonsense. Completely disregards an entire career in some cases and it's utter laziness. Jerry Rice was a product of Joe Montana and Steve Young, two HOF QBs. This is easy. All he had to do was show up I guess.

Of course having a good QB helps FFS. It's why every single franchise desperately, and sometimes to the point of lunacy, scrabbles around for one. s**t, the Lions have been looking for one for about 50 yrs now.

Da' Bears too. Looks like they finally found one. :rolleyes:

Christ I had this product of *insert QB here* nonsense. Completely disregards an entire career in some cases and it's utter laziness. Jerry Rice was a product of Joe Montana and Steve Young, two HOF QBs. This is easy. All he had to do was show up I guess.

Da' Bears too. Looks like they finally found one. :rolleyes:

Haha, they gave up way too much for EmoJay but he could be OKish. Certainly a McMahon (sp?) if they can stop their O-line from being sexually molested every week.

That's a lovely excuse Chad offers for his miserable numbers last season,

Just to be clear, that's not Chad talking, that's Hue Jackson.

Understood, but Chad repeated many parts of the same rant this morning. He claims the film from last season shows how he was constantly open but few balls were thrown his way. The only possible explanation, sez your boy, is a deliberate freeze out.

Making matters even more confusing Chad admitted this morning that most of the book was written last year when he was in a disgruntled state of mind. Obviously this means most of the book was written months before Chad admitted and weakly apologized for tanking the season. Furthermore, as the book was going to press Chad stated he refused to edit anything previously written (Why should I?"), even if he no longer belived it to be true, simply because his writings accurately reflected his mood at the time. This prompted Bayless to remind Chad that anything a writer publishes has to be something he stands behind, and did Chad still believe he had been frozen out due to orders from upstairs. Chad agreed, and said he still stands firmly behind the claim he was frozen out....thereby making a mockery of his apology to Bengal fans.

That video is hilarious. What some people seem to forget is that this is a GAME. I'm as guilty as anyone else of giving it too much importance - I live for Sunday nights when I can turn on Game Rewind on the computer (I'm in Portland, OR, so no TV) and watch the Orange and Black. But dude, it's a game - bunch of people getting paid way too much to do something that really doesn't matter. Chad's just taking it further than most, but hey if he's catching balls I'm all for it. He can talk all he wants. He's astoundingly good at what he does - no arguing that - and every time we need a play I'm crossing my fingers hoping they chuck that ball to Esteban.

Forgive my geographic ignorance, but how come is it Portland OR apparently sells computers but not TVs?

(Are you 'Amish' or sumthin'?)

Um...yes, we most certainly have TVs available for purchase out here. Sadly, however, CBS and FOX don't see fit to broadcast Bengals games on them unless they happen to be on Sunday night or MNF. That seemed clear enough.

That video is hilarious. What some people seem to forget is that this is a GAME. I'm as guilty as anyone else of giving it too much importance - I live for Sunday nights when I can turn on Game Rewind on the computer (I'm in Portland, OR, so no TV) and watch the Orange and Black. But dude, it's a game - bunch of people getting paid way too much to do something that really doesn't matter. Chad's just taking it further than most, but hey if he's catching balls I'm all for it. He can talk all he wants. He's astoundingly good at what he does - no arguing that - and every time we need a play I'm crossing my fingers hoping they chuck that ball to Esteban.

Forgive my geographic ignorance, but how come is it Portland OR apparently sells computers but not TVs?

Um...yes, we most certainly have TVs available for purchase out here. Sadly, however, CBS and FOX don't see fit to broadcast Bengals games on them unless they happen to be on Sunday night or MNF. That seemed clear enough.

Yeah I know. I was razzin' ya'. (See screen name)

Yeah I know. I was razzin' ya'. (See screen name)

Gotcha - it sucks living out here...I've got to go into quarantine until 9 pm. If I pick up the phone someone is inevitably going to tell me what happened. And considering all this last-second insanity, ignorance is important (though bad for my heart).

Without Palmer, there is no 85 (emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc).

No matter how many times a blatant falsehood is repeated, it never becomes true.

Chad's QB in 2003 was Kitna. Not Carson. Chad caught 90 passes in 2003.

If you're having trouble following, and you most likely are, this means your statement (quoted above) is flat out wrong

Chad only sucks when Chad wants to suck, and last year, he wanted to suck, and so......SURPRISE.......he did suck

No matter whether I or a time-travelling 30-year Joe Montana is his QB, or anyone in between - Chad is responsible for Chad's actions and inactions.

Not Carson.

Chad.

You freakin moron

ah, what have we here?

Chad gave up

That's the end. put a period on it. I dont care about the because. You are the ONLY one who cares about the because, and your position is astonishingly stupid, even for you

and then there's

He lost his motivation

and again, the sentence ends there. No one except you cares about the because. He is a highly compensated professional, and a highly compensated professional does not give up. A highly compensated, hmm, uhh, what term to use here.....

narcissistic idiot with a most tenuous grasp on reality.

.....ah yes, thank you Pidge.

that sort of person is NOT a professional, and only earns my ire and disgust.

What an incredible moron you are.

Hopefully, the board has had enough of you as soon as possible, and will confine you to posting to raving lunacy on the smack board where it belongs

After all, what is smack? Extreme statements littered with unfounded, brash predictions of unwarranted glory

Pretty much like every agreen post.

Understood, but Chad repeated many parts of the same rant this morning. He claims the film from last season shows how he was constantly open but few balls were thrown his way. The only possible explanation, sez your boy, is a deliberate freeze out.

So Hue knows his ex-pupil well.

Making matters even more confusing Chad admitted this morning that most of the book was written last year when he was in a disgruntled state of mind. Obviously this means most of the book was written months before Chad admitted and weakly apologized for tanking the season. Furthermore, as the book was going to press Chad stated he refused to edit anything previously written (Why should I?"), even if he no longer belived it to be true, simply because his writings accurately reflected his mood at the time. This prompted Bayless to remind Chad that anything a writer publishes has to be something he stands behind, and did Chad still believe he had been frozen out due to orders from upstairs. Chad agreed, and said he still stands firmly behind the claim he was frozen out....thereby making a mockery of his apology to Bengal fans.

Not on planet Chad, where "he's always open" is as undeniable a law as gravity is on planet Earth. Even with all his tanking behavior, he was still open...and didn't get the ball, therefore he was frozen out. QED and all that. Looney? Yup. But there's no malice or mockery intended, Chad just lives in his own frame of reference. It serves him well on the field, obviously, but off of it it, not so much, because the underlying assumptions aren't the same.

As for the whole "last year" nature of the book, that's obvious early on, and leads to endless laffs like his contention that we should have kept Levi and Stacy. What struck me most strongly reading it is just how completely irrelevant it seemed this year.

What an incredible moron you are.

Hopefully, the board has had enough of you as soon as possible, and will confine you to posting to raving lunacy on the smack board where it belongs

After all, what is smack? Extreme statements littered with unfounded, brash predictions of unwarranted glory

Pretty much like every agreen post.

I love you.

You can't stand that 85's still here. You out of all people wanted him gone. It burns you up that you were wrong and I was right. Twist it however you want. The facts still remain.

- No. 9 was out last year.

- Fitzpanzy was in.

- This year, No. 9's back.

- 85's back.

All you gotta do is give Chad the ball. The ball is his core. Without it, he's nothing. I can admire that. I want a WR on my team that is that passionate. Yeah, he's a headcase, so what. He's a helluvan athlete, and still in the top 3.

Coincidence? I think not.

I love you.

Given your demonstrated gender preferences, and the fact that we are both male, I don't doubt that

You can't stand that 85's still here. You out of all people wanted him gone.

After a full year of doing everything he could possibly do to be a festering cancer to the team while still raking in millions - yeah. Yes. Absolutely. But he's here. He has a LOT of make-up work to do

It burns you up that you were wrong and I was right.

One of the hundreds of differences between you and I is that when I am wrong, I can admit it. You are wrong far more frequently than you are right, and in this case, once again, no surprise - you are wrong and cannot admit it. As soon as you make some moronic statement along the lines of the pope being presbyterian, you stick to your guns despite reams of evidence to the contrary. Such behavior is not of a mature adult, but of an immature child. You have frequently demonstrated that you are just exactly that, despite being of an age where one might EXPECT you were an adult.

What does "burn me up" is when blithering idiots like yourself insist over and over again that black is white, up is down, and Chad is the 'most bestest' and can do no wrong.

The truth is that he betrayed his team. Period. In any other non-professional sports organization, he would have been professionally crucified and blackballed. Only in professional sports can an employee utterly and completely betray his team not get away with it, but continue to draw the same outrageous pay as if he is a top performer. Ocho Quitto is a DISGRACE.

The truth also is that although he IS admittedly having a good year, a 2005-type year, he is nowhere near being a top 3 talent.

Twist it however you want. The facts still remain.

- No. 9 was out last year.

- Fitzpanzy was in.

- This year, No. 9's back.

- 85's back.

Chad is responsibile for Chad's actions, He is highly compensated to perform as a WR in the NFL. He doesn't get to choose to take the season off if the QB playing is not the one he prefers. Also, he began his betrayal well before Carson was injured. In other words, the connection between Chad tanking and Carson being out is only a fabricated story you have contrived in your own widdle head. A lie. Your lie.

All you gotta do is give Chad the ball. The ball is his core. Without it, he's nothing.

Yeah, other players, amazingly enough, find useful things to do when they DON'T have the ball. You know, there's this thing called 'blocking', as one example of many, or running down defenders who intercept the ball and tackling them. Maybe your bed buddy Chad could do some of that, eh?

He's a helluvan athlete, and still in the top 3

Top 15. Maybe. He is not even close enough to sniff at top 3 from a distance. The only concession you will get from me here is that he is having a good year this year, and even as I say so, he is still not a complete WR......and at this stage of his career, probably never will be.

I look forward to you agonizing in later years as he is passed over again and again and again by the Hall of Fame selection committee.