Chad v Bayless

kingwilly

Congrats on passing the 15 K post mark, btw. Well done.

Congrats from me as well

....err......

now who went and renamed Greg to "Instigator"........thats just cold, man :-)

I actually thought it sounded kinda cool. Hated my original decision to use the real name, just never really had a nickname hit me. Sparring with Hoosier on that point today, I thought, that's unique and catchy. So...I went all 'Ron Mexico' on it.

Glad I could help :lol:

BTW, the fansided guys set you up yet?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that Chad is by nature a media hound who craves attention. I could be wrong but I think his shtick is modeled after Deion Sanders in that he does it for money. In Deion's early career he unveiled "Neon Deion" for financial gain. After he made his fortune he put the jewelry and the hype away. I think Chad behaves this way because he thinks it'll fill his pockets with money. Take money out of the equation and I don't think we'd hear much from Chad.

Congrats from me as well

....err......

I actually thought it sounded kinda cool. Hated my original decision to use the real name, just never really had a nickname hit me. Sparring with Hoosier on that point today, I thought, that's unique and catchy. So...I went all 'Ron Mexico' on it.

Yes, I just got that a couple of days ago. Thanks again for getting that through. I'm going to try to get first one up tonight or tomorrow. Are you doing any reviews on Fredo's book on there?

Congrats from me as well

....err......

Yes, I just got that a couple of days ago. Thanks again for getting that through. I'm going to try to get first one up tonight or tomorrow. Are you doing any reviews on Fredo's book on there?

I did a short one a few days back. Your take is welcome. If you don't have a copy let me know, I have a free one I'll mail ya so you don't have to waste your money.

If he decides, at some point, to fall back into the Chad of old, then I'll lead the charge right next to you...torches and all.

Do you mean old happy chad where people just hated on him for his touchdown dances or Old chad that was unhappy after 4-11-1 and possibility of being underpaid?

A little gift from me to you, Hair. And TJ. And the Instigator, too.

Don't thank me all at once.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d813c7219/Sound-FX-Ocho-on-the-mic

:angel:

Wow. I never actually realized he talked THAT much during games.

That was a good find, actually. greenie will like that one.

Congrats from me as well

....err......

I did a short one a few days back. Your take is welcome. If you don't have a copy let me know, I have a free one I'll mail ya so you don't have to waste your money.

Yeah, I'd appreciate it. I'll PM you my address. I have an idea for an article on stripehype based on it (cue evil music).

That video is hilarious. What some people seem to forget is that this is a GAME. I'm as guilty as anyone else of giving it too much importance - I live for Sunday nights when I can turn on Game Rewind on the computer (I'm in Portland, OR, so no TV) and watch the Orange and Black. But dude, it's a game - bunch of people getting paid way too much to do something that really doesn't matter. Chad's just taking it further than most, but hey if he's catching balls I'm all for it. He can talk all he wants. He's astoundingly good at what he does - no arguing that - and every time we need a play I'm crossing my fingers hoping they chuck that ball to Esteban.

That video is hilarious. What some people seem to forget is that this is a GAME. I'm as guilty as anyone else of giving it too much importance - I live for Sunday nights when I can turn on Game Rewind on the computer (I'm in Portland, OR, so no TV) and watch the Orange and Black. But dude, it's a game - bunch of people getting paid way too much to do something that really doesn't matter. Chad's just taking it further than most, but hey if he's catching balls I'm all for it. He can talk all he wants. He's astoundingly good at what he does - no arguing that - and every time we need a play I'm crossing my fingers hoping they chuck that ball to Esteban.

Forgive my geographic ignorance, but how come is it Portland OR apparently sells computers but not TVs?

(Are you 'Amish' or sumthin'?)

Congrats from me as well

....err......

Glad I could inspire you.

From a physical standpoint Andre Johnson is the best WR in the league, Calvin Johnson is not far behind but he has not been able to put his ability to the test playing in gawd-awful Detroit. Personally I would take Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson over 85 but that is about it, provided his head is on straight. There is/was no excuse for tanking a season and I will always be cautious around 85 because of that. That all being said WR like RB has a life expectancy of an organic tomato on my kitchen counter i.e not very long, and so the Bengals have invested all they should be willing to invest.

Welker doesn't play Chad's position and thus wouldn't have the same impact on the team. Moss and TO are too old. Wayne is the product of playing for the Colts and I think 85 would have similar results if not greater success in that system. Steve Smith the older is a shadow of his former self, Steve Smith the younger is too was sitting on the bench last season. Vincent Jackson was considered a bust until last year where he has seemed to put it together. Desean Jackson has a game that is pretty specialized and I am not sure it would work for us. Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Miles Austin? the league is full of guys who have hit big seasons and then were never heard from again, come see me when they have been to multiple Pro-Bowls.

You all keep saying this guy would be better if he were with this QB or Imagine how great Joe schmo would be if he had _____ as a QB... That doesn't make any sense.

I'm talking about right now.

R. Moss with Tom Brady

C. Johnson with Carson Palmer

and a toss up between L. Fitzgerald with Warner and R. Wayne with Manning.

Those are your top 3 in no particular order.

When Chad's QB has the protection he needs, there is no WR better at running a route and getting open.

I could throw in a lot more "what if" variables, but that's not what this is about. We're talking about the most talented WR in the game today.

From a physical standpoint Andre Johnson is the best WR in the league, Calvin Johnson is not far behind but he has not been able to put his ability to the test playing in gawd-awful Detroit. Personally I would take Larry Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson over 85 but that is about it, provided his head is on straight. There is/was no excuse for tanking a season and I will always be cautious around 85 because of that. That all being said WR like RB has a life expectancy of an organic tomato on my kitchen counter i.e not very long, and so the Bengals have invested all they should be willing to invest.

Welker doesn't play Chad's position and thus wouldn't have the same impact on the team. Moss and TO are too old. Wayne is the product of playing for the Colts and I think 85 would have similar results if not greater success in that system. Steve Smith the older is a shadow of his former self, Steve Smith the younger is too was sitting on the bench last season. Vincent Jackson was considered a bust until last year where he has seemed to put it together. Desean Jackson has a game that is pretty specialized and I am not sure it would work for us. Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Miles Austin? the league is full of guys who have hit big seasons and then were never heard from again, come see me when they have been to multiple Pro-Bowls.

Idiocy? Randy Moss is HANDS DOWN the Best WR in the NFL. Not Andre.

No disrepect Wraith, I like your post.. Can't believe someone would put those names in the 2nd paragraph over 85 lmao.

The proof is in your post. Moss hasn't been the best since his last year in Minnesota. He's a good WR now, but not premier or even the best. Andre Johnson has it all. Size, speed, and hands. He's the one WR in this league that can just run you over and do all the other things a premier WR can do.

Please, please, please stop being so ignorant and actually watch other teams besides the Bengals and you'd see this stuff for yourself. Look at the stats. They're available on NFL.com. There's plenty of ways for you to find this stuff out.

It should be obvious to you that you're never right since no one ever agrees with a thing that you say. Please step back into reality.

No disrepect Wraith, I like your post.. Can't believe someone would put those names in the 2nd paragraph over 85 lmao.

Although I'm glad to see this swing away from TAFKACJ (my new moniker for someone), you are again way off. Andre Johnson may be the most complete pass threat in the NFL since Jerry Rice and the heyday of Marvin Harrison. Watch him play. He is always consistent, always prepared, always professional and always puts up big numbers when healthy. He has a good young quarterback that is only going to improve as his o-line improves. The Texans are a solid feature running back away from being a constant wild card threat.

Period.

can't believe I am baited into this...

For once I'm ignoring the bait...because Chad's level of play is almost irrelevant in any debate about his interaction with the media.

Granted, this is a fluid list. guys get better and worse for a lot of reasons. HOWEVER - the reason should never be "I tanked it"

But "tank it" he did. So the question faced today isn't really how quickly one group of Bengal fans chose to forgive Chad, but rather....to what level do we forgive? And on that score many of you seem willing to forgive ALL past trangressions....which is pretty remarkable considering where we've been.

I was never mad at him... There's a lot more of us than you probably want to believe, but we like to call out the front office for losing all these years, not 85. Mostly, everyone else has forgiven Ocho.... except for you. So maybe try to get over it.

The proof is in your post. Moss hasn't been the best since his last year in Minnesota. He's a good WR now, but not premier or even the best. Andre Johnson has it all. Size, speed, and hands. He's the one WR in this league that can just run you over and do all the other things a premier WR can do.

Please, please, please stop being so ignorant and actually watch other teams besides the Bengals and you'd see this stuff for yourself. Look at the stats. They're available on NFL.com. There's plenty of ways for you to find this stuff out.

It should be obvious to you that you're never right since no one ever agrees with a thing that you say. Please step back into reality.

What? Who holds the record for most TD catches in one season? Where did he get that record? Not Minnesota. Your the only idiot dude, that gets old man so quit sounding like a broken record..

What Randy Moss did that season was phenomenal. What's even more special about him is that he still has it... Just like Rice was the best in the league for so many years.

Although I'm glad to see this swing away from TAFKACJ (my new moniker for someone), you are again way off. Andre Johnson may be the most complete pass threat in the NFL since Jerry Rice and the heyday of Marvin Harrison. Watch him play. He is always consistent, always prepared, always professional and always puts up big numbers when healthy. He has a good young quarterback that is only going to improve as his o-line improves. The Texans are a solid feature running back away from being a constant wild card threat.

Period.

Maybe in another 2 or 3 years.. Right now Randy Moss is #1. Hands down.

us

we

There is no us or we that you are a part of, unless by 'us' and 'we' you mean You, JoeWrong, Pushy, Supabran, blueridge, WhurChadAt, and others of that ilk.

Speak for your own idiocy, don't assume that others agree with you.

Mostly, everyone else has forgiven Ocho

Wrong again, Einstein.

Again, speak for yourself - you are hardly a candidate to be a spokesman for any group except those promoting violence against women

A little gift from me to you, Hair. And TJ. And the Instigator, too.

Don't thank me all at once.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/09000d5d813c7219/Sound-FX-Ocho-on-the-mic

:angel:

Wow. I never actually realized he talked THAT much during games.

That was a good find, actually. greenie will like that one.

You're right.. That was hilarious. That's what the game is all about.

Greg, can you change my name too?

us

we

There is no us or we that you are a part of, unless by 'us' and 'we' you mean You, JoeWrong, Pushy, Supabran, blueridge, WhurChadAt, and others of that ilk.

Speak for your own idiocy, don't assume that others agree with you.

Mostly, everyone else has forgiven Ocho

Wrong again, Einstein.

Again, speak for yourself - you are hardly a candidate to be a spokesman for any group except those promoting violence against women

Us, We = Bengals Fans. 40,000 of them to be exact smart guy. All cheering for Chad and that's only the ones who are at the game. What happened to all them boos ya'll were talking about at the end of last season?

I ain't got time for you anymore man. Your posts are pointless and bring nothing to the table. Your nothing but a hater!

Us, We = Bengals Fans. 40,000 of them to be exact smart guy

Thankfully, few if any of those 40k know who you or what you are

Those few who have the misfortune of knowing you are well aware that you

-are phenomenally ignorant

-show frequent and persistent poor judgement with money and relationships

-advocate violence against women

-collect photos of NFL players in homoerotic poses

and most assuredly they have not and will not appoint a pathetic loser like you to speak for them

Your nothing but a hater!

Again with the hater term.

Translation of the above: I am unable to coherently address or argue against your points, so I will just call you a name instead. Yes, I am in third grade, and do not know the difference between "you're" and "your".

Why is it important to some that others don't like the guy personally? He plays football FFS. He's not your brother-in-law or anything, no need to get along with the guy. What's next, having to have a personal respect for one's political representatives?