TJ

walzav29

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/21/tj-says-bengals-offer-was-very-very-close/

Yup, you f**ked up, TJ. :sure:

I think this team is better off without him. He was obviously one of the guys preventing this team from being a "team". Glad he's gone and I don't miss him a bit.

I wonder if he really said the Bengals would be 6-0 if he were still here. If he did, that is one of the most arrogant, assinine things I've ever heard from a pro athlete. And that's saying something.

Well, he IS on the Seahawks and they ARE 2-4. If claimed without him they' be 0-6, then that would be hilarious.

Hey TJ, try to focus on your own team, your own wins/losses and trying to give your team the effort most of us USED to admire you for...

I wonder if he really said the Bengals would be 6-0 if he were still here. If he did, that is one of the most arrogant, assinine things I've ever heard from a pro athlete. And that's saying something.

It is indeed all of the above. Still, you'd have to think he'd be an upgrade over Coles, who has been terrible. He's been as bad as Coats with the dropsies.

The only case you can make is that either TJ or Chad had to go, because they fed off each other in the drama depertment.

I wonder if Coles would take that as a shot at him. Saying the team would be 6-0 if he was here. TJ is a douche bag

I guess he would be starting at corner over Leon Hall (Denver game) and defensive line and tight end (Houston game) last week. I think those are the areas that would could have used more help on in order to be 6-0.

I think we are getting a good deal of production out of the WR corps this year. Chad is having a pretty decent year, Caldwell has had two game winners and several nice plays, Coles has been hot and cold while Henry has been not much of a factor.

I would love to have TJ for some of the tough third down catches and inside the 15 yard line but Caldwell has started to move into that role a bit. But I don't need TJ if he was really the devisive factor in the locker room. I've often wondered if TJ wasn't pushing Chad a little last year to get out of town so he could punch his own ticket here. I also wonder if Chad isn't enjoying a bit of a revival because TJ is no longer here and Chad truly is the man and doesn't have to worry about competing with TJ on some level.

FWIW, if you pick up Chad's new book (wait a month, it will be on the discount table at Walmart for about 99 cents), he provides a peek at TJ's attitude during/after to the 08 season:

Before this (2009) offseason, Marvin was talking about how we weren't going to use the franchise tag to keep TJ. It'll take a miracle to get him to come back. He's already talked about wanting to get out and he's tired of everybody thinking he's nothing but a possession receiver. One dink pass after another is all he's been getting the past two years. The dude is frustrated, no question.

We were in the locker room one day and TJ is talking to Andre Caldwell, a young receiver on the team. TJ is talking right in front of all the reporters. He doesn't give a sh*t. He's telling Andre, "I'm telling you, wait til next year when the reporters start saying about you, 'Oh, he's a possession guy.' It's like you can't run anymore." The young receivers were giving TJ sh*t about that, and he told them right back how it is. Like I said, he's frustrated with what they do to him. I'd be shocked if he comes back -- and there we go again, losing a good player.

TJ was done here. Regardless of whether he's better or worse than Coles, he was just no good for the team anymore.

TJ was done here. Regardless of whether he's better or worse than Coles, he was just no good for the team anymore.

Interesting perspective. Sometimes I guess it's just time to move on from your job and get a new start.

For what it's worth, though, the thing about TJ not being a classic #1 - it's always been true. His sideline footwork technique is terrible, and he's never been great at making great over-the-shoulder catches either. Not terribly fast, either. He was fantastic at doing what he did for the Bengals, just too bad he couldn't accept that. I've noticed that the Seabirds have him running routes that really aren't his forte.

In any event, thanks for saving me the $0.99.

This is just a case of someone who was drafted in the 7th rd. and turned out to be a good #2 WR and thinks he is better than what he actually is...If you wanted to go to Seattle to be closer to your family I can understand that, but to leave just because you think you have something to prove to the Bengals the team that gave you your shot and when the $ was about the same, I say thank you for what you did, but you are on a new team now, so worry about them...

FFS, he is a possession guy. If you had deep speed you'd be used on deep routes. The only way you caught long bombs was on coverage fubars. What the hell is wrong with being a possession guy anyway? They are normally guys who get tons of catches and yds if they're good. Sometimes, they even do well enough to be first ballot HoFers like Whines Hard (throws up in mouth).

You're not 6'5" nor do you run a 4.35 40 TJ, get over it.

Smart move going a WCO offense team as well you idiot. Bound to be sent deep in Seattle. :rolleyes: