Official Episode #1 Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone able to watch the first episode, please feel free to tell us other unfortunate souls what we missed.

IN DETAIL !!!

What, you didn't see it, I posted a link in the other thread...

I guess then like Chad, you'll have to be satisfied with being "pissed off to the highest levels of pisstivity."

Yup, you missed a new word being coined.

Pisstivity.

What's that? You say you didn't miss anything after all...? :lol:

Two Rookies who seemed get the most attention too were Chase Coffman & Chris Prissley then a Little bit of Reyrey.....

No Clint Mcdonald,Benard Scott,Freddie Brown,Kevin Huber, or Michael Johnson (maybe little clip here there but outside of that)

Yeah, this was the TE episode. Coffman needs to step up, we knew that.

Mikey is a friggin' cadaver. Seriously he is about as non-motivating a speaker as is possible to have. "Hey, we have a shot at a winning season." Woo-hoo.

Marvin came off pretty good.

You wouldn't know a lot of guys are on the team, including Collins and Coles, just to note two. Don't think they were seen at all. Oh, yeah, where's Henry? Oh, well, that's TV.

Brat is looking tan, rested and ready. Looks like he had a good spring break.

Am I the only one that was disturbed by watching Mikee initiating player decisions?

Specifically, his question on switching a DE to TE. I have very little confidence in his football player assessment skills.

He did ask the coaches for their opinion. But, I would have thought he might asked the question "Is there anyone else we can bring in or convert to TE?". Instead he took the role as problem solver -- and I don't think he has the football knowledge to handle that.

Other than that one moment of discomfort, I like what I saw. Still want to see more of Maualuga and less of Ochocinco "child please?".

Two Rookies who seemed get the most attention too were Chase Coffman & Chris Prissley then a Little bit of Reyrey.....

No Clint Mcdonald,Benard Scott,Freddie Brown,Kevin Huber, or Michael Johnson (maybe little clip here there but outside of that)

Mikey is a friggin' cadaver. Seriously he is about as non-motivating a speaker as is possible to have. "Hey, we have a shot at a winning season." Woo-hoo.

You wouldn't know a lot of guys are on the team, including Collins and Coles, just to note two. Don't think they were seen at all. Oh, yeah, where's Henry? Oh, well, that's TV.

Ya I wanted to pull Teeth when Mikey spoke,Coles popped up a few times talking to other players...

Still feel confident about Chase Coffman??? Hahaha! I was literally LMFAO.

Actually I do,After they spent 5-10 minutes laying in to him and making him do pushups,Came back and had praise about his work ethic and improvement.

Am I the only one that was disturbed by watching Mikee initiating player decisions?

I was kinda wtf'd by him leading the talks about it but I did agree with idea keeping 3 TE's (1stlious) &2 fullbacks...

Ya I wanted to pull Teeth when Mikey spoke,Coles popped up a few times talking to other players...

Still feel confident about Chase Coffman??? Hahaha! I was literally LMFAO.

Actually I do,After they spent 5-10 minutes laying in to him and making him do pushups,Came back and had praise about his work ethic and improvement.

I was kinda wtf'd by him leading the talks about it but I did agree with idea keeping 3 TE's (1stlious) &2 fullbacks...

ah cool...good to hear about Coffman. I'm still watching it. I DVR'ed.

Maurice Purify absolutely stoned Roy Williams in the Oklahoma drill.

Pumpkin talked about how frustrating it is to offer lots of money to draft picks who then won't accept it. Just a little glimpse for us to see how hard it is to run an NFL franchise.

It kills me to say it, but Chad looked damn good.

I see now way Jeremi Johnson makes the team, unless they're just going to count on him to play himself into shape. He's way overweight and leans over, hands on knees, sucking wind after any exertion.

They brought in some rookie from Kent State to be camp fodder in Andre Smith's place, and they showed Tank Johnson stampeding past him a couple times in a scrimmage.

Several plays from the scrimmage were shown. Chris Crocker was singled out by the show for how well he played. He talked s**t to Chad before the scrimmage, then went out and put it on him, then taunted him a little on the sideline.

Tank Johnson was shown near the beginning of the show explaining to some 4th grade kid on the sideline why everyone was fighting on the field. Then he told the kid he better get tough because 4th grade would have some big kids in it. He's right, I had a scrape with a big kid in the 4th grade, but I got the better of it. That's right, Susan Garrett, if you're reading this, you know better than to f**k with me. Rat Patrol lunchbox right in the shin, my winning move.

They showed Mike Brown looking stupid a couple times. Once he had the coaches in a meeting and suggested switching some guy's position. The coaches hemmed and hawed, said he'd have to work on pad level, etc. Then Mike plowed ahead anyway, saying something like, we'll see if he can do it when we see if he can do it.

Utecht got a concussion, and they showed Palmer concerned on the field wondering if Utecht's wife and daughter were in the stands watching. Utecht regained consciousness quickly but had tingling in his hands. My optimism for him is not strong. Unless we're talking about saving souls for the Lord with his gospel music.

Andre Smith was briefly shown down in Alabama working out with some huge trainer. They should just go sign the trainer, the guy looked big and mean as hell. Smith looked pretty heavy, but the dude is spry on his feet doing agility drills.

When they showed Pumpkin, she kind of looked like a ferret. She also looks like she always just got done with field hockey practice. Alvin Keels should get himself a navy blazer and some loafers. Maybe the Brown family will recognize him as one of their kind, and give the guy a break.

1. Kelly as a mentor. I hope he stays on in a coaching capacity while injured. He really has a presence about him and clearly has a lot of wisdom, football and otherwise, to pass on to the younger TEs and even the football team as a whole.

2. Chad is a jackass. But he isn't a disruptive jackass this season, which is nice. I just hope that on the field he reverts to his past days of excellence.

3. Crocker is emerging as a leader. Nice to see.

4. Camp phrase most uttered: "It is what it is." Not exactly inspiring and not really what you would want the soundbyte of camp to be either.

5. Mike Brown - He is involved, make no mistake about that. He makes suggestions to the coaches, he gives speeches, and he always seems close to the action, moreso than I thought. ...explains a lot about the track record of the past 20 years of Bengal football.

6. Katie - Her one quote, in context, (someone else here maybe can say what it was) sums up exactly why the Bengals have so many looooong holdouts. She's a chip off the old block, and I don't mean PAUL Brown.

7. Maybe the other 31 teams are like this too, but I thought it strange that right when the players check in, they have to pay money for amenities. They felt like they were nickeled and dimed right when they walked through the door. One player started to get mad when he thought he even had to pay for his internet cord.

8. Dhani Jones - Wisdom. You can see it. He's a quiet leader. I hope he has the talent on the field this season to go along with it.

Conclusion: From an emotional standpoint, this show gets me pumped for the season. Despite what many of you here think, I want the Bengals to do well soooo bad. But from a logic standpoint, they don't look like winners. They look like a team that wants to be winners, but I don't think they have the depth or the guidance to do so, from a player or coaching standpoint, and this show reaffirms my belief that the Bengals do not have an infrastructure in place that is conducive to winning in the NFL.

But I will keep watching and I hope the Bengals prove me wrong.

Specifically, his question on switching a DE to TE. I have very little confidence in his football player assessment skills.

No.

No.

Yeah, that scene was a realization of what we have been speculating. Very scary.

f**kin' terrifying.

When Mike Brown was sharing his "wisdom," the facepalms and looks to the ceiling from the coaches were telling.

I am 34. The Bengals have had exactly 1 winning season since I was 16 years old. This footage hammers home exactly why that is, and it ain't "just plain ole' dumb luck."

"Luck," as they say, is a byproduct of design. The Bengals have rotten "luck," and HardKnocks makes that painfully clear.

Maurice Purify absolutely stoned Roy Williams in the Oklahoma drill.

Pumpkin talked about how frustrating it is to offer lots of money to draft picks who then won't accept it. Just a little glimpse for us to see how hard it is to run an NFL franchise.

It kills me to say it, but Chad looked damn good.

I see now way Jeremi Johnson makes the team, unless they're just going to count on him to play himself into shape. He's way overweight and leans over, hands on knees, sucking wind after any exertion.

They brought in some rookie from Kent State to be camp fodder in Andre Smith's place, and they showed Tank Johnson stampeding past him a couple times in a scrimmage.

Several plays from the scrimmage were shown. Chris Crocker was singled out by the show for how well he played. He talked s**t to Chad before the scrimmage, then went out and put it on him, then taunted him a little on the sideline.

Tank Johnson was shown near the beginning of the show explaining to some 4th grade kid on the sideline why everyone was fighting on the field. Then he told the kid he better get tough because 4th grade would have some big kids in it. He's right, I had a scrape with a big kid in the 4th grade, but I got the better of it. That's right, Susan Garrett, if you're reading this, you know better than to f**k with me. Rat Patrol lunchbox right in the shin, my winning move.

They showed Mike Brown looking stupid a couple times. Once he had the coaches in a meeting and suggested switching some guy's position. The coaches hemmed and hawed, said he'd have to work on pad level, etc. Then Mike plowed ahead anyway, saying something like, we'll see if he can do it when we see if he can do it.

Utecht got a concussion, and they showed Palmer concerned on the field wondering if Utecht's wife and daughter were in the stands watching. Utecht regained consciousness quickly but had tingling in his hands. My optimism for him is not strong. Unless we're talking about saving souls for the Lord with his gospel music.

Andre Smith was briefly shown down in Alabama working out with some huge trainer. They should just go sign the trainer, the guy looked big and mean as hell. Smith looked pretty heavy, but the dude is spry on his feet doing agility drills.

When they showed Pumpkin, she kind of looked like a ferret. She also looks like she always just got done with field hockey practice. Alvin Keels should get himself a navy blazer and some loafers. Maybe the Brown family will recognize him as one of their kind, and give the guy a break.

Roy Williams has the complacency of a Postal Service worker. No drive. He proclaims he does not want to do the Oklahoma drill, did not really seem tomind getting pwnd in the drill by Purify and looked loafish.

Katie is a simp. "I just don't understand why they won't take our offer, it is SO much money.." and leaves off that it is not in line with the slotting that ALL teams simply go by. Katie, you are doing it wrong.

Chad looked crisp and sudden again. Has enough atitude to bring it but not to bring everyone down.

Poor Gus Parrish, really not ready to play ball. Given this is who they roll in as the warm body, it was either to boost the D-line confidence or this team is dreadful about picking guys up off the street.

Crocker looked great. Thinking of how he looks vs Roy, it is night and day.

Mike Brown has the charm, personality and motivation of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach. The player meeting talking about swithcing Harrington to TE is one for the historical record. It tells me that if this is captured in the first 10 days of camp, it has probably played out like that dozens of times since 1990. The coaches seemed glazed and baffled at the suggestion. Makes seeing the Shirley switch more understandable, or Tab Perry to Safety.

The decisive way he proclaims that the team will carry 3 TE's and 2 FB's (not that it would be unusual) is not open for discussion. And the room layout with him solely in front addresing the staff, with Katie glowering in with the guys, really gives us an image of managment to carry forward. Ugh. Seeing these scenes is really insightful.

Andre Smith is big, fat but has good feet. He also seems about as smart as a 10 year old. No wonder he is so easily mis-directed.

Cutting Runnels at 5:30am was stone cold brutal. Guy is still asleep! just a cold move. Seemed low to me. Just yanked the playbooks and told to get his bags for a 7am van ride.

The idea that they nickel and dime the players for TV's was hilarious. It reeks of Brown family management. Imagine the scene negotiating the deal with Georgetown College, with the a Brown family member negotiating to let the college charge the players for this and that.

Marvin looked ok. He comes off like some of the edge is gone, blunted, among other things, by discussing moving DE's to TE I am sure. And the lame-o t-shirt slogans. Fight Back! Sacrifice! nWhat's next? Don't Flinch! and Chin Up! or Free Dessert! ultra lame. Best T-shirt slogan was a white zombie concert shirt: Die, f**ker, Die! Let them wear that around a bit....

Andre Smith is big, fat but has good feet. He also seems about as smart as a 10 year old. No wonder he is so easily mis-directed.

Well everyone knew he was big and fact but it's not all that shocking :P looked like Whitworth had more then handful of moobies himself.

Cutting Runnels at 5:30am was stone cold brutal. Guy is still asleep! just a cold move. Seemed low to me. Just yanked the playbooks and told to get his bags for a 7am van ride.

I could understand doing it at 5:30am don't want the guy embarrassed being cut infront of players...but that short fat guy was just a dick about it saying it was Ability & numbers...It's like atleast tell the guy hey we don't think you'll make team but want to give you a chance to catch on else where.

f**kin' terrifying.

When Mike Brown was sharing his "wisdom," the facepalms and looks to the ceiling from the coaches were telling.

I am 34. The Bengals have had exactly 1 winning season since I was 16 years old. This footage hammers home exactly why that is, and it ain't "just plain ole' dumb luck."

"Luck," as they say, is a byproduct of design. The Bengals have rotten "luck," and HardKnocks makes that painfully clear.

I was shocked to see Mike Brown sitting up the front' date=' telling them all what to do, move Harrington to TE etc. I knew he still had influence but not THAT much influence. It explains the last 20 years though.[/quote']

I agree, the look on TE coach Hayes told me all I needed to know, those coaches wish they were with a real football team, Hayes' eyes rolled back in his head when Mikey boy said theyre gonna move a DE (Harrington) to TE after he told Mikey the dudes too stiff. Also seeing Katie Pumpkin in that meeting all smiles while Marvin's sitting there wiping sweat off his brow, Im thinking this is a Mickey mouse operation. Then HBO tells us how good Runnels is doing and zip they cut him, Im like WTF???? UGGGHHH!!!! My opinion on Smith is, forget it he aint gonna make a contribution this year, they way they brought this Parrish kid off the street and they way HBO portrayed him is if youre behind youre on your own, he looked bad. Not saying Smith will be bad just saying I dont have any faith in the Bengals coaches to get th guy up to NFL speed in 4 weeks, it'll be midseason before Smith even makes a impact, the organization shouldve stayed behind closed doors, just my take.