Cheech impressing Carson and Marvin

TJJackson

Not sure if this is just the Bengals blowing smoke to get Chad's attention or if it is legit.....but it feels legit to me

Good news for the Bengals if it is indeed legit

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2009060...is+Henry+at+PBS

(oh, and can one of you moderators - smart, generous, and devilishly handsome, every last one of you - edit the subject to replace "Caron" with "Carson"?)

There is little doubt that Henry has turned the corner.

Kids will do that to a person. Plus he knows he is out of chances.

His dedication sounds almost Chad-Like doesn't it? Not Chad Ocho-like, Chad Johnson-like I mean.

Everything we've heard about Henry since the last screw up has been positive. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Not sure if this is just the Bengals blowing smoke to get Chad's attention or if it is legit.....but it feels legit to me

(oh, and can one of you moderators - smart, generous, and devilishly handsome, every last one of you - edit the subject to replace "Caron" with "Carson"?)

Ironic I'm the one that edited your title, huh?

Although I did think it was fun trying to figure out who this Caron chick was. :D

Sounds a lot like Chris Carter minus the team change. As a young troubled receiver he caught a disproportionate number of TD's given the playing time he received. Had some trouble, was released, got his life together and was signed by another team... eventually ending up in pro-bowls and being a premier WR in the league.

Who knows if this is Henry's fate... but he's got the talent to do it.

Ironic I'm the one that edited your title, huh?

Although I did think it was fun trying to figure out who this Caron chick was. :D

It'd even been one smidge better if instead of simply underlining 'devilishly handsome' you have made the phrase a hyperlink to a certain photo :-)

In any case, thankee

You mean like this?

You mean like this?

Wow, that's really neat that they let "special" people have blogs too!

Greg, ya gotta change that picture. The thing's working on legend status.

You mean like this?

Wow, that's really neat that they let "special" people have blogs too!

Greg, ya gotta change that picture. The thing's working on legend status.

:sadwalk:

Sounds a lot like Chris Carter minus the team change. As a young troubled receiver he caught a disproportionate number of TD's given the playing time he received. Had some trouble, was released, got his life together and was signed by another team... eventually ending up in pro-bowls and being a premier WR in the league.

Who knows if this is Henry's fate... but he's got the talent to do it.

!DING! - When I read the piece I thought Chris Carter as well. Carson has some hands this year...just gotta keep the hands off Carson.

One question...

Do you guys think he'll take the "Hometown Discount" to come back to Cincinnati next year if he has as good a year as Carson expects??

He said after his release last April that his dream was to always play for either the Sanits or the Cowboys, and they both could be looking for UFA WRs in '10, especially guys to stretch the field opposite Colston/The "Other" Roy Williams.

One question...

Do you guys think he'll take the "Hometown Discount" to come back to Cincinnati next year if he has as good a year as Carson expects??

He said after his release last April that his dream was to always play for either the Sanits or the Cowboys, and they both could be looking for UFA WRs in '10, especially guys to stretch the field opposite Colston/The "Other" Roy Williams.

If Henry stays clear of the law, disregarding the season he has on the field, he will be w hot commodity come FA post '09.

One question...

If Henry stays clear of the law, disregarding the season he has on the field, he will be w hot commodity come FA post '09.

I agree. I think he could be an excellent second receiver on many NFL teams. Why not go out, get the coin and more touches?

wow. the amount of support for henry around here is ridiculous, considering how you all sounded off on him when we resigned him last season after cutting him for the millionth arrest, and marv saying he won't ever be a bengal again. i want to see henry perform before i applaud him... you know, kinda like six consecutive seasons with at least 1200 receiving yards, 53 career touchdowns, five pro bowl selections, something like that. oh wait...

wow. the amount of support for henry around here is ridiculous, considering how you all sounded off on him when we resigned him last season after cutting him for the millionth arrest, and marv saying he won't ever be a bengal again. i want to see henry perform before i applaud him... you know, kinda like six consecutive seasons with at least 1200 receiving yards, 53 career touchdowns, five pro bowl selections, something like that. oh wait...

Yeah, it's kinda funny that Henry does, assuming he's finally together, what a lot of guys do: make young person mistakes, get in trouble, demonstrate immaturity and then finally get's it and (hopefully) turns it around.

However, the hypothetical receiver that has six consecutive seasons, etc etc etc, decides to start off with a good personality, a great career track and then, at age 31 (29-30 really) decides he NOW wants to be an immature idiot, so much so it, by his own admission, impacts significantly his on-field performance.

Gee, which of the two would really deserve the applause at this particular point in their careers?

It's not ridiculous, for a few reasons.

First, the same people who derided Henry for being a moron should be the first ones to congratulate him for staying straight this past year, myself included. People like good stories and second chances for people who actually turn their lives around. I'll admit, I was one who wanted rid of him, because it wasn't clear he'd ever figure it out, despite having a massive level of talent. That said, I started noticing a few months ago that we hadn't heard a peep from Cheech over the whole offseason. If he really has decided to change, why shouldn't he get a chance to play? Why shouldn't we be happy for him?

Second, we've seen him play, and I think most who've watched him always figured that he'd be a tremendous receiver if he gets his head on straight. Well, if his head's on straight now, then it follows that he should be pretty danged good.

Third, Carson's been talking him up, and since he'd know better than anybody how good Henry is, that's a credible witness.

Fourth, I think there's something of "any port in a storm" mentality - people are sick to death of Chad's stupidity and tendency to be a team cancer, and are hoping to find his replacement...anywhere. There's probably some desperation involved, I'll readily admit. But it's not limited to that - I really think Henry's going to be good this year.

One question...

I agree. I think he could be an excellent second receiver on many NFL teams. Why not go out, get the coin and more touches?

About that: since Henry will have only accumulated 5 seasons (drafted in 05), won't he be a restricted FA if '10 is an uncapped year?

Put me in the camp that is waiting to see Henry do something of note before proclaiming the redemption project to be a raging success.

With that said, I think it's understandable if people are quicker to forgive Henry for his past transgressions simply because, while remarkably stupid, the acts themselves are easy to understand. In fact, the formula for Henry's meltdowns may be no more complex than....give a young man a million dollars, watch him get blind drunk and a mile high, then add p***y.

Regardless of whether we approve of how Henry behaved each of us understands how these things happen. In fact, if you ignore the million dollar part of the story some of it seems far too familiar for some of us.

But who amongst us can really claim we understand why Chad acts the way he does?