Mike Brown a genius for not having a bubble...

mgi

Well, of course key bloggers and forum members would have to be included to ensure the proper leadership principles and traditions...

But what could a blogger do beyond providing a handy link to sites where helpful source material might be found?

All the more time to take advantage of that ratio of five females to one male...

BUT...BUT.....THEY'LL SEE EVERYTHING.......THEY'LL SEE THE BIG BOARD!

Mr. Bay, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million Steeler fans killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

It just occurred to me that a bubble would, however, help maintain the purity of our precious bodily fluids.

WIN! :lol:

If you define what you think will happen next year...

Rookie line starts to "get it" toward the end of the season. But not before knocking out Palmer for the season. Defense looks really good at first. Scary good. Then the "injury bug." Then you start seeing guys named "Irving Milch" in the starting lineup.

Long story short, probably 5-11. Carson will be the real casualty in this one though because after this season he will never be the same. All because the Bengals once again ignored the oline this offseason and are praying the draft will save it.

Its a shame too because barring major injury, the line looks like it could be pretty good. But nobody learns blitz assignments in a year and the Ravens/Steelers are going to abuse our rookie Center in the short term.

Buy, sell, trade, Bill and Ted's Gun and Knife Show, whatever...the Bengals needed to find a way to get a decent vet center in stripes this offseason and they failed. They really let Carson down once again, and when/if Carson does go down, the cause will point right back to the Bengals sitting on their hands during free agency.

Bengals once again ignored the oline this offseason and are praying the draft will save it.

I don't know that they really ignored the oline. Drafting a highly rated tackle at number 6, then getting Luigs where they got him was to my mind pretty active.

It may seem to us that all one needs to do is go to the football player supermarket and buy the right ingredients. The two teams that come to mind that are in that mode are Dallas and Washington. Neither franchise has won too many Superbowls, or any playoff games, in a long time. It just doesn't seem to work.

Daughtery fell all over himself last year praising the Browns as a team that "gets it" due to their trade and free-agency activity. End result of all that trade and free agency activity? They finished last in the division and got their coach fired.

Building through the draft works.

Heh.

My favorite part with where the person who joined six months ago calls the person who has been a member here 4 1/2 years a troll. Comedy.

I didn't say he is a troll. I said he is trolling. Which he is.

Whatever though...believe me or don't. The proof that "replacing 2 glaring issues on the oline with 2 rooks just ain't gonna get it done" will be here soon enough.

Bcat - You'll keep going back and forth forever with this, believe me I've tried. He/they disagree, whatever, it happens. Don't goad Hair into a into the internet personal slams thing, he'll run with it.

One final point for those willing to read it...

Actually my biggest problem with the lack of a "bubble" is that Marvin constantly has to cut practices short due to inclement weather, any time of year (most times they just "head inside" where they can get things done - not the Bengals - they are the only team that has to pack it in altogether, unless they've made a prior day's arrangement with a facility that's over a half hour away with traffic. I don't care if it happens once or twice a year, they only have 2 days a week to practice typically on the field during the season with pads. You need to maximize your ability to have good practices and get everything in during that small window of time.

Palmer now lives in Cincy full-time. Wouldn't it be nice to go to PBS, lift, do therapy and throw to his WR's in a controlled environment, ecspecially when you're paying your players millions? Or can they only do that once or twice every off-season in California or Florida?

How much can you get done in 20 degree weather when it's snowing, before a big road game? How many times has that outdoor field contributed to injuries because it's very wet or slick from snow and ice? So run a higher risk of injury, or you sit your vets out and they don't get their work in.

Does any of this make sense and WHY wouldn't you want that convenient option at your facility? They cost a couple of million - peanuts to Mr. Bonus GM. The whole thing is just cheap and silly. Get with the times already.

If this team had multiple playoff runs, at least a handful of winning seasons, etc.., the last 18 years, I'd say sure, who needs the bubble. But that isn't the case, not even close. They can't bust .500 more than once in all those years.

The bubble is just something that would help their chances and player morale, and i'm all for that - and I don't care how much Mike Brown has to pay for it.

Is this thread really still going?

Yawn.

Derek, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol? Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water? Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

If we had a bubble, we'd be safe.

Yawn.

Derek, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rain water, and only pure-grain alcohol? Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water? Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?

As a lab analyst working in a Water Treatment facility my advice is:

Wow, do not drink distilled water it is horribly bad for your body. Because it has been cleaned of all the minerals in it, when consumed it will leach essential minerals from your body. This is very similar to the reverse osmosis process that was probably used to get the water into the unnatural state that distilled water is in. Rain water unless filtered can be very dangerous to consume because of the microorganisms that it collects in the atmosphere as it falls. If you are telling the truth here, I am surprised you dont have severe health problems.

Over Fluoridation of water has been proven to have some links to nervous disorders and Alzhiemers disease. Lack of complete studies in the 1950's have resulted in many communities putting extra(unneeded in most cases) Fluoride into the water for over 50 years.

Heh.

My favorite part with where the person who joined six months ago calls the person who has been a member here 4 1/2 years a troll. Comedy.

I couldn't care less about such things. However, I will note I've been adamantly against the idea of a bubble for as long as the idea has existed, and have never changed my opinion in debates waged on three different message boards, including the nearly five years I've called this place home. Trust me, I'm not about to change my stance simply because my opinions often make dumb guys mad.

Furthermore, if there's anyone here that needs to reconsider their positions now that an inflatable building has collapsed in severe weather, seriously wounding several people, it isn't me.

HoF, when you travel do you go by plane, or do you take a bus like Madden...?

While I see the added benefit of having a domed stadium, I have always enjoyed going to see a football game played out in the elements.

On a side note, we only play one game in a dome this year (at Minnesota) so we should be good to continue this debate when the 2010 schedule is released...

Yawn.

Fuelled by the base positions that:

1. The Benglas are being deprived of a critical training tool.

2. Bubbles will eventually kill, maim, or severely injure a troop of girls scouts taking a tour of the facility during a once-in-a-hundred-years wind storm.

Number 1 is a valid position, as all teams at a Cincy latitude and above have indoor training of some sort, except the Bengals. Though an indoor training facility has not turned the Lions into a contender like some magic potion, no one is claiming it alone is the difference maker. It is just good business to keep your thoroughbred athletes out of the elements until necessary, and, it is simply prima facie evidence that SoP is holds his "no bubble" position against the greater wisdom of the NFL, and economically advantageous offers from UC. Like the everything else, Mikey knows best and can decide what this team does/does not need.

Number 2 is valid, though very weak, as bubble-collapses are highly uncommon, and usually the fault of extreme weather and/or poor engineering. What we don't hear is how many bubbles regularly withstand extreme weather, as doing so is pedestrian and not newsworthy: "Practice Bubble Easily Withstands Hail" is not one for the pulitzer. As a master manipulator, SoP has held the city of Cincy hostage with his demands for PBS, Parking Rvenues, Vending Revenues, Tax Breaks, etc. He will use the cowboys incident to silence critics who take position 1...by his faulty, slippery-slope logic, eventually he could argue that having is practie bubble is simply "un-American!" and that global warming will eventually remove the need for any practice bubble, or heat in the building for that matter <sound of loose coins dropping into SoP's pocket>.

Keep the thread going! :)

Some new fodder for the Mike Brown supporters still living in the 1960's, from Who Dey Revolution and Mo Egger's blog:

DOES THE GREED OF THE BENGALS HAVE NO LIMIT?

According to Who Dey Revolution, UC has expressed interest in playing some home games at Paul Brown Stadium. But the Bengals, with the biggest sweetheart stadium deal in professional sports, want to gouge the school, while expressing no interest in a school-funded practice facility. The hope to use UC's on-campus practice facility. For free. Amazing. Yet not surprising.

WhoDeyRevolution has learned from a high-level booster with knowledge of the negotiations that the Bengals would only let the Bearcats use PBS if they paid a rate that is over five times what the University of South Florida and University of Pittsburgh pay.

WhoDeyRevolution has also heard directly from a UC booster who has offered to pay in full for an indoor practice facility located at PBS (to be used by UC and the Bengals) if the Bengals offer the University a competitive lease offer. The Bengals have expressed that they have "zero interest" in paying for a practice facility at PBS or contributing too the one proposed at UC. The Bengals have rejected this offer unless UC pays over five times the going rate for use of the stadium.

According to high-level officials in the UC Athletic Department, the Bengals have expressed that they may be interested in occasionally renting UC's indoor facility but would pay none of the construction or development costs.

To be fair - it seems they are willing to pay a rental fee of some sort to use UC's facility - but of course don't want anything to do with building or maintaining one, ever, it seems.

While UC's facility, if located in Clifton, would be much closer and more convenient for them - that they are completely blowing off a paid-for facility on the PBS grounds in exchange for a "competitive" lease for the stadium, for Bearcat games, confuses me.

If I'm UC I just tell the Bengals "no way" and keep and use the facility on campus for themselves.

Yawn.

As a lab analyst working in a Water Treatment facility my advice is:

Wow, do not drink distilled water it is horribly bad for your body. Because it has been cleaned of all the minerals in it, when consumed it will leach essential minerals from your body. This is very similar to the reverse osmosis process that was probably used to get the water into the unnatural state that distilled water is in. Rain water unless filtered can be very dangerous to consume because of the microorganisms that it collects in the atmosphere as it falls. If you are telling the truth here, I am surprised you dont have severe health problems.

Over Fluoridation of water has been proven to have some links to nervous disorders and Alzhiemers disease. Lack of complete studies in the 1950's have resulted in many communities putting extra(unneeded in most cases) Fluoride into the water for over 50 years.

THAT WAS AWESOME HOOSIER! Stanley Kubrick would be proud. I concede.

Basically, the argument for the indoor facility is backed by the fact that it will make the Bengals a better team for numerous reasons.

Basically the argument against the indoor facility is backed by jokes, insults, "players are too soft" and vague defeatist "Mike Brown will never build one anyway so why talk about it."

If I have missed any tangible reason why the Bengals don't need an indoor facility but every other cold weather NFL team seems to, please enlighten me.

Don't goad Hair into a into the internet personal slams thing, he'll run with it.

There it is.

Your weak insults just hammer home the lack of substance to your "arguments."

When you have nothing to back up your statements, you go for the grade school insults.

Its cool, there are many like you here on the internet. Talking loud...saying nothing.

Fuelled by the base positions that:

1. The Benglas are being deprived of a critical training tool.

2. Bubbles will eventually kill, maim, or severely injure a troop of girls scouts taking a tour of the facility during a once-in-a-hundred-years wind storm.

Number 1 is a valid position.....

This thread is an idiots paradise.

The argumant against an indoor practice facility has never had very much to do with the safety of large inflatable buildings. No, that's just a new and decidely unattractive wrinkle added to an already familiar face.

Rather, the primary argument against an indoor practice facility is based upon the simple fact that one isn't really needed for any practicle purpose whatsoever. In fact, nearly every argument made in favor of building an indoor practice facility is rooted in perception, from free agents to fans.

If you can stand it, scroll back read Bearcats posts on this subject. Note the number of times he claims this issue has nothing to do with Mike Brown. Note the number of reasons he gives for building a practice facility. And then weigh all of that against the single example where he admits he just wants to see Mike Brown pour money back into the team, and no....he really doesn't care how it's done.

The argumant against an indoor practice facility has never had very much to do with the safety of large inflatable buildings. No, that's just a new and decidely unattractive wrinkle added to an already familiar face.

Rather, the primary argument against an indoor practice facility is based upon the simple fact that one isn't really needed for any practicle purpose whatsoever. In fact, nearly every argument made in favor of building an indoor practice facility is rooted in perception, from free agents to fans.

Pros:

1. Bad weather during practice means move inside, instead of having to cancel practice.

2. Better to prepare for dome games by practicing inside

3. Carson and Company could use an indoor facility to practice during the offseason when it is 20 degrees and snowing outside.

4. Every other cold weather team has one.

There, I just gave you 4 practical reasons for a cold weather team to have an indoor practice facility.

If you can stand it, scroll back read Bearcats posts on this subject. Note the number of times he claims this issue has nothing to do with Mike Brown. Note the number of reasons he gives for building a practice facility. And then weigh all of that against the single example where he admits he just wants to see Mike Brown pour money back into the team, and no....he really doesn't care how it's done.

I just gave you 4 practical reasons for the Bengals to have an indoor facility. Now let's hear your cons.

Should I be more like you?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in numerous current threads haven't other posters described your most recent "arguments" as....."simplistic....whining....condescending....stupid."

All I'll add is you also seem to be a bit of a p***y.

Should I be more like you?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in numerous current threads haven't other posters described your most recent "arguments" as....."simplistic....whining....condescending....stupid."

All I'll add is you also seem to be a bit of a p***y.

I just gave you 4 practical reasons for the Bengals to have an indoor facility. Now let's hear your cons.

...or are grade school insults all you bring to the table anymore?

Keep the thread going! :)

Some new fodder for the Mike Brown supporters still living in the 1960's, from Who Dey Revolution and Mo Egger's blog:

DOES THE GREED OF THE BENGALS HAVE NO LIMIT?

According to Who Dey Revolution, UC has expressed interest in playing some home games at Paul Brown Stadium. But the Bengals, with the biggest sweetheart stadium deal in professional sports, want to gouge the school, while expressing no interest in a school-funded practice facility. The hope to use UC's on-campus practice facility. For free. Amazing. Yet not surprising.

WhoDeyRevolution has learned from a high-level booster with knowledge of the negotiations that the Bengals would only let the Bearcats use PBS if they paid a rate that is over five times what the University of South Florida and University of Pittsburgh pay.

WhoDeyRevolution has also heard directly from a UC booster who has offered to pay in full for an indoor practice facility located at PBS (to be used by UC and the Bengals) if the Bengals offer the University a competitive lease offer. The Bengals have expressed that they have "zero interest" in paying for a practice facility at PBS or contributing too the one proposed at UC. The Bengals have rejected this offer unless UC pays over five times the going rate for use of the stadium.

According to high-level officials in the UC Athletic Department, the Bengals have expressed that they may be interested in occasionally renting UC's indoor facility but would pay none of the construction or development costs.

To be fair - it seems they are willing to pay a rental fee of some sort to use UC's facility - but of course don't want anything to do with building or maintaining one, ever, it seems.

While UC's facility, if located in Clifton, would be much closer and more convenient for them - that they are completely blowing off a paid-for facility on the PBS grounds in exchange for a "competitive" lease for the stadium, for Bearcat games, confuses me.

If I'm UC I just tell the Bengals "no way" and keep and use the facility on campus for themselves.

This thing dosn't even have one attributed source. I'm not buying a word of this. Why wouldn't these high-level officials speak on the record? The two sources are a high-level official at UC Athletic department, and "Who Dey Revolution." That is a load.

The statement, "According to WhoDeyRevolution,"... is the tip off that this is baloney.

So someone said it on a fan message board, and then blogger Mo Egger quotes it as gospel in his blog?

Here, I'll say something for Mo Egger to blog about - Mike Brown is just a few signatures away from having a referendum put on the ballot in this fall's election that will force Hamilton County taxpayers to pay for the maintenance on his Lumina. Surveys show taxpayers are leaning toward's voting yes, then engaging in 30 years of buyers remorse.

Run with it Mo Egger! The lead should begin, "According to Bengalszone..."

1. Bad weather during practice means move inside, instead of having to cancel practice.

First, how many practices have the Bengals cancelled due to extreme weather? One? Six? Twenty? None at all? Can you even offer an educated guess? I doubt it.

Second, don't the Bengals have the option of moving practice into the more sheltered environment of PBS? And doesn't that facility boast state of the art Field Turf, full medical facilities, acres of exercise equipment, basketball courts, and all of the teams permanent offices? So how many of these things would you have them duplicate simply so they can have a roof over their heads when they practice, but not when they play?

Third, the Cowboys moved the practice into a bubble due to high winds, right? Yet poor construction or not, that team moved it's practices indoors despite posted warnings about the facility being unsafe to occupy in winds of 70 mph. Should the building have survived winds of that speed? Yes, but that actually misses the bigger point. That being, no one should ever move practice into an inflatable building to escape such a storm.

2. Better to prepare for dome games by practicing inside

So the 2nd most important factor in determining whether the Bengals need an indoor practice facility is based upon the ability to better prepare for those occasions when there won't be any weather at all? That's priceless.

3. Carson and Company could use an indoor facility to practice during the offseason when it is 20 degrees and snowing outside.

There's plenty of existing room available inside of PBS for the types of practice described above. In fact, Marvin Lewis has admitted the only types of practices that can't be accomodated are full squad workouts, and that's an easy adjustment to make by staggering practice times. Furthermore, on the infamous occasion where the team bused it's players to a nearby privately owned facility several NFL teams were unable to practice at all due to the extreme conditions making their expensive indoor practice facilities unusable due to frozen pipes, no electricity, or uncleared roads. (Washington, Indianapolis, and Denver)

4. Every other cold weather team has one.

Yup, and what's more I hear Dallas needs a new one. So who wants to bet they replace their crumpled trashbag with a much more expensive brick and mortar replacement? (The type of facility the Bengals have no use for.)

...or are grade school insults all you bring to the table anymore?

You poor poor thing.

How about from this day foreward I only insult you by using things you've said, thereby guaranteeing I meet your own lofty standards of decency? Then you'd have nothing to complain about, right? And as long as you've written enough insulting stuff of your own I should have plenty to work with, right? So let's give it a try.

Bearcat, I think you're a douchbag who has his tounge firmly shoved up Mike Brown's a**h***.

According to , UC has expressed interest in playing some home games at Paul Brown Stadium. But the Bengals, with the biggest sweetheart stadium deal in professional sports, want to gouge the school, while expressing no interest in a school-funded practice facility.

I'd put it this way. The Bengals have shown no interest whatsoever in UC's planned practice facility. End of story. They don't seem to care who pays for it or how...only that they don't want to be directly involved in any way whatsoever.

As for allowing the Bearcats to play home games at PBS, the Bengals are under no obligation to consider the proposal, nor is it suprising to think they'd only way they'd consider the idea seriously is if they were richly compensated.

Actually, that's perfect. The practical need for a practice bubble is dubious to begin with and under the very best circumstances wouldn't be needed for more than a few days a year, if at all. Under those circumstances why would a team commit to building or maintaining such a facility? Or if you prefer, why build a white elephant when they're so easy to rent?