Chad on the Trading block?

Kazkal

After letting TJ walk, I'm beginning to think that MCrabtree is going to be the 1st pick...

Hotboy.....Crabtree isn't going to be there :|

Yeah could be wishful thinking, I say that because I saw 2 mocks having him go to the Raiders...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hair, i understand your points but the way you type gets on my nerves. You're whole i'm right..you're wrong..deal with it attitude is fu**ing annoying. Even if you were right 100% of the time you'd still sound like a douche to me.

Hair, i understand your points but the way you type gets on my nerves. You're whole i'm right..you're wrong..deal with it attitude is fu**ing annoying. Even if you were right 100% of the time you'd still sound like a douche to me.

HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!

Sorry, couldn't resist. HOF's unique style has gotten under skin other than yours on many occasions. Serenity now...

Last year, I felt he was worth a 1st and a 3rd. But after last offseason and then the turd he laid this season, you still think he is worth the same.

I disagree.

Deal.

There's nothing for me to deal since my guess of what Chad's trade value might be has been factually proven. Your dubious claim that he's now worth no more than a 4th or 5th round pick hasn't been proven, and appears at first glance to be remarkably stupid. So back up your rant with further bleatings if you can, but don't assume I'm impressed when you repeat the same stupid crap from last year or with a wave of the hand claim some ship has sailed.

You keep refering to last year. I wasn't posting here last year.

Last year I felt he was worth a 1st and 3rd. Now I feel his value has plummeted for numerous reasons both related and not related to Chad Johnson. You feel he could still garner a 1st and a 3rd.

Not a chance.

It hardly matters. You claimed you felt Chad was worth a 1st and a 3rd last year and I accepted it without complaint....mostly because I don't know you very well, but also because we're no longer talking about last year. Rather, it's your claim that he's now worth no more than a single 4th or a 5th round pick that I feel is absolutely ridiculous. Well, that and the fact that you're using the exact same arguments that were used and later disproven last year. On the other hand, I'm also using the same rant I used last year....mostly because it was proven and confirmed to be true.

Now I feel his value has plummeted for numerous reasons both related and not related to Chad Johnson.

A difference of opinion about what Chad might be worth in trade is all well and good, and within reason I'm more than willing to accept without complaint the opinions of others that don't match my own. For example, others have speculated his value might be a single 1st or even a 2nd. I don't agree, but I also don't argue the point because it's a realistic viewpoint. But you're the guy arguing he's worth no more than a 4th or even a 5th, and IMHO that's just stupid.

You feel he could still garner a 1st and a 3rd. Not a chance.

So you keep saying. All I'll add is a reminder the Bengals were offered MORE than the above and turned it down....so when it comes to proving the unprovable I'd say I'm standing on ground far more solid than you are.

....first i don't think we'll get the value that mike brown wants (he reportedly turned down two firsts from the skins last year).....

Get your facts straight if you're going to imply OTHERS don't know what they're talking about. The rejected offer was a 1st and a conditional 3rd. And that's exactly the type of offer that some of us feel will be matched or better IF the Bengals openly attempt to trade Chad this season. Whether they even shop him is another matter because I've seen nothing to make me think they will. But if they do I'm betting on the higher trade compensation while you seem to think

That said, I don't care how many hundreds of times I read someone pop off about how Chad isn't worth more than a 4th or a 5th....because I have no problem whatsoever saying you're all remarkably wrong.

Last year a few days before the draft the Redskins offered two picks for Chad, a first rounder in 2008 plus a conditional pick in 2009 which would have ranged from the 3rd round to possibly the first. That was the offer that Marvin initially lied about. Then on draft day, ESPN reported that the Bengals had been offered two definite first round picks for Chad but declined. The team wasn't named but I've since read that it was the Redskins raising their previous offer.

In any event the question is what would another team offer for Chad this year and would the Bengals trade him for what another team might offer. My guess is the team doesn't trade Chad, simply due to the Bengals heavy bias toward inertia. I'd think his trade value is a mid to late first round pick. The Eagles higher first round pick might be the upper limit of his value.

Then on draft day, ESPN reported that the Bengals had been offered two definite first round picks for Chad but declined. The team wasn't named but I've since read that it was the Redskins raising their previous offer.

It didn't get alot of play last year but during the NFL Networks draft coverage last year, and later in the local Washington press, there was some criticism directed at Daniel Snyder for refusing to offer two 1st round picks straight up rather than insisting the Bengals accept a conditional pick. After all, the Bengals had openly rejected all trade overtures for months and it was understood by all parties the Redskins and Drew Rosenhaus were essentially trying to force a hostile trade upon an unwilling partner. Sadly, my memory is a little fuzzy on the particulars but I think it was Marshall Faulk who wondered aloud why the Redskins were "playing games" instead of offering two 1sts. That prompted a quick spin around the roundtable where everyone agreed Chad was worth two 1st round picks.

After letting TJ walk, I'm beginning to think that MCrabtree is going to be the 1st pick...

Hotboy.....Crabtree isn't going to be there :|

Yeah could be wishful thinking, I say that because I saw 2 mocks having him go to the Raiders...

Well Adrian peterson did go 8th overall because lack of need @ RB,But alot of teams could Use WR Chiefs could add another weapon to go with Bowe,The Rams need replacements for their aging duos,Seahawks haven't had a elite WR in how long? then the browns could trade down a few spots thinking we may take crabtree....

Nope. Paying Housh 9.8 million for a single season never made a great deal of sense, but the decision to use the tag on Graham rather than Benson is an unmistakable signal to Benson saying..."Shop yourself around. We'll take our chances."

there was some reports early on that Ced and ML werent exactly gettimg along

Maybe. I was in favor of tagging Benson because it's a move that buys the Bengals time and answers at a very important position. In addition, I don't like the Bengals odds of resigning Benson without using a tag.

That said, using the tag on Benson also dictated overpaying, perhaps grossly, so a pretty strong financial argument could always be made against such a move. And along those same lines, a strong financial argument can be made for tagging Opie. But the strength of both those arguments is based on financial matters, not on improving the team.

With Benson in the fold the Bengals COULD be a dangerous team. With Opie, they haven't overpaid as much as a nickle, but they're no better.

Well put.

You can also put "I never overpaid anyone I didn't want to" on Mike Brown's tombstone.

HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!!

Alright...that was a good chuckle. Very well played.

Hair, i understand your points but the way you type gets on my nerves.

You do understand how little I care, right?

Even if you were right 100% of the time you'd still sound like a douche to me.

It's sorta funny. Your post count reads well over 600 and I can't remember a single thing you've ever written.

it's even funnier how yours is at nearly 8000 and i can't remember a single thing you've written.

Even if you were right 100% of the time you'd still sound like a douche to me.

It's sorta funny. Your post count reads well over 600 and I can't remember a single thing you've ever written.

He's the one who claimed Odell would be our starting MLB last year, even while all but out of football. He used to go by Thurmanation.

It hardly matters. You claimed you felt Chad was worth a 1st and a 3rd last year and I accepted it without complaint....mostly because I don't know you very well, but also because we're no longer talking about last year. Rather, it's your claim that he's now worth no more than a single 4th or a 5th round pick that I feel is absolutely ridiculous. Well, that and the fact that you're using the exact same arguments that were used and later disproven last year. On the other hand, I'm also using the same rant I used last year....mostly because it was proven and confirmed to be true.

Now I feel his value has plummeted for numerous reasons both related and not related to Chad Johnson.

A difference of opinion about what Chad might be worth in trade is all well and good, and within reason I'm more than willing to accept without complaint the opinions of others that don't match my own. For example, others have speculated his value might be a single 1st or even a 2nd. I don't agree, but I also don't argue the point because it's a realistic viewpoint. But you're the guy arguing he's worth no more than a 4th or even a 5th, and IMHO that's just stupid.

You feel he could still garner a 1st and a 3rd. Not a chance.

So you keep saying. All I'll add is a reminder the Bengals were offered MORE than the above and turned it down....so when it comes to proving the unprovable I'd say I'm standing on ground far more solid than you are.

I am with you, someone who doesn't think they can get that for Chad should just look at some of the history of WR in the league and how desperate people are for them.

The Redskins gave Brandon Loyd a ridiculous contract and he was a horrible receiver his entire career

The Raiders gave Javon Walker like 50 million and he was injured the year before, and he had one and I say again one good season like four years prior to that.

To say that a guy is barely 30, who had a down year due to injuries, missing training camp, having no Oline, and a bum at QB doesn't have value in the league is stupid as hell. I guarantee you this, we can get at least a 1st and a late round pick and I wouldn't be surprised to see us pull in the same offer we took last year, that I think we will accept!

Carson Palmer, much like Tom Brady and Donovan McNabb can make any receiver look good. I think if we do trade Chad we will go in very inexperienced at WR, but Carson will make it work.

it's even funnier how yours is at nearly 8000 and i can't remember a single thing you've written.

You can't have it both ways. You can't come out of nowhere complaining about the way I write in one breath and then with the next breath pretend you can't remember anything.

Best, you can't change the fact that no matter how many names you use you'll always be forgettable.

You can't have it both ways. You can't come out of nowhere complaining about the way I write in one breath and then with the next breath pretend you can't remember anything.

Best, you can't change the fact that no matter how many names you use you'll always be forgettable.

lmfao You two sound like a Chargers fan and a Raiders fan going at it. FA is about to begin, let's all be happy and optimistic while we can!

I didn't come out of nowhere, the fact i can't remember your jumbled garbage you call your opinion has nothing to do with how i find after almost every time i can remember reading anything of yours i think to myself "Wow, this guy is fu**in assanying"

I didn't come out of nowhere....

Yeah, you did. I know who I've spoken to in this thread and you're not one of them. In fact, we almost never converse, right? Yet from nowhere you step in and deliver a personal attack, and then quickly start bitching like a baby when you start getting what you had to know was coming. And that's fine because now we both know where each others stands now. In fact, for the first time ever I've been made aware of your very existence. Hi.

.... the fact i can't remember your jumbled garbage you call your opinion has nothing to do with ....

I can remember enough of the jumbled garbage I call an opinion to remember how you agreed with it earlier in this very same thread. Yup, word for word and right down the line. So, you're welcome.

Getting back on track with the thread. The new article on the official site had a good line about how Marvin views Chad...

If the Bengals lose Houshmandzadeh, Lewis indicated they'd keep Ocho Cinco.

That's not to say they still wouldn't consider it, but as many of us still think, Chad will more than likely be back next season.