Chad on the Trading block?

Kazkal

So are we now blaming Chad's antic on TJ ?? I'm not buying... I believe they are BOTH bigger pains in the ass than this team needs at this point. They have fresh young talent and don't need the childlike unprofessional example being set by either of these f*cksticks. Will Chad have a huge year if he's not traded ?? I expect it if he shows up to all the voluntaries and puts in the time to do the things he did in the past to become one of the games greats. That being said, he's nothing more than a child waiting to throw his next tantrum and until he can show some maturity and leadership skills, I don't give a sh*t.

If his preparation leads to Bengals wins, great, but I still don't care about his dumbass anymore.

F*CK YOU AND TJ CHAD !!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not blaming everything on TJ. Just saying he had this stupid, surly, chip-on-his-shoulder attitude and constantly claiming he was being disrespected and not given his due. I think it was bad for the team and dragged the whole team down. It may have made him a competitor on the field during the game, but it wasn't good for the team overall.

I expect Chad to have a monster year.

Please define what a monster year means to you.

Because I'll point you back to the yearly figures the Bengals said Chad should have been producing all along.

1800 yards

12-15 TD's

I fully expect Chad to return to his normal of 1400 plus yards. He will probably get 8-12 TDS now that TJ won't be taking all the redzone catches.

I expect Chad to have a monster year.

Please define what a monster year means to you.

Because I'll point you back to the yearly figures the Bengals said Chad should have been producing all along.

1800 yards

12-15 TD's

I fully expect Chad to return to his normal of 1400 plus yards. He will probably get 8-12 TDS now that TJ won't be taking all the redzone catches.

Nope. There is a reason TJ gets all the redzone catches. Fredo drops/misses/can'tgetopen--whatever. He won't pick up maybe more than two extra per year with TJ gone. He's a six TD/year guy. Maybe he gets to eight.

I also expect our running game to improve immediatley with TJ gone. All he did was catch short passes over the middle which caused the line of scrimmage and middle of the field to be way too crowded to run the ball. The whole defense was in the box because TJ was no threat to do anything outside of the box.

Having Chad, Caldwell, and Simpson out there will open things up a lot more. Especially with Carson back throwing the ball.

Nope. Taking away the third and short receiver isn't going to HELP the running game. TJ was taking a little heat off the running game in those situations. The linebackers have no reason to hang back off the LOS. Lose him, don't improve the O-line and don't shore up the running back and there is no way the running game improves--immediately or otherwise.

Now, that said, I say so long TJ. But, they better stiffen the line and figure out the RB situation and hope Caldwell or Simpson proves to be a good hands third and short guy.

Little case of distemper Hair? Out of your sedative prescription?

You go dream on Hair that Chad will fetch 2 1st round picks or a 1st and 2ed round or a 1st and 3rd round.

Well what's the alternative? Should I sit here and listen to you repeat some of the dumbest s**t that's ever been typed?

Again, if the Bengals put Chad on the block they'll get as good a trade offer as the one they previously turned down. Whether that happens or not is anyones guess, but you've got to be as dumb as Peter King to think Chad nets only a 3rd or a 4th.

Are you that dumb? Or are you sarcastically challenged?

How do you figure they'll get as good an offer for Chad? He's another year older, coming off a poor season, and had some injuries. I'd be surprised if they could get more than a single first round pick for him. If they can get that, my view is they should trade him. I see a rebuilding year ahead so let's not hang on to our older guys, let's find out which of the younger guys can be counted on and which can't.

Little case of distemper Hair? Out of your sedative prescription?

You go dream on Hair that Chad will fetch 2 1st round picks or a 1st and 2ed round or a 1st and 3rd round.

Well what's the alternative? Should I sit here and listen to you repeat some of the dumbest s**t that's ever been typed?

Again, if the Bengals put Chad on the block they'll get as good a trade offer as the one they previously turned down. Whether that happens or not is anyones guess, but you've got to be as dumb as Peter King to think Chad nets only a 3rd or a 4th.

Are you that dumb? Or are you sarcastically challenged?

How do you figure they'll get as good an offer for Chad? He's another year older, coming off a poor season, and had some injuries. I'd be surprised if they could get more than a single first round pick for him. If they can get that, my view is they should trade him. I see a rebuilding year ahead so let's not hang on to our older guys, let's find out which of the younger guys can be counted on and which can't.

Doesn't washington have the 13th pick? We could get Rey their!

The NFL is all about production and Chad is 30+ and coming off of a poor season in which he suffered through some injuries. With the emergence of guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and Brandon Marshall, our Chad is no longer a Top 5 WR. He still is very good at his best and I do believe that he is still a top-flight deep threat but I just can't see a team giving up a first round pick for a player with as many questions marks and baggage as Chad.

If the Bengals are desperate to get rid of him, they could end up with a 2nd and maybe a conditional 3th round pick for him but that would be a best case scenario and wouldn't justify the cap hit they'd take to trade him, especially with the younger guys and Chris Henry behind him.

First off, F*CK Kelley Washington...

Second, there are more than a handful of teams that NEED a top wide receiver and yes, Chad is still that. There will be more than enough people out there that will be more than happy to chalk up his poor production last year to one mister Ryan Fitzpatrick. Sure he had a shoulder injury, but it wasn't enough to keep him in a harness and at seasons end no one would recommend surgery for it. I don't want to hear sh*t about "explain TJ's production with the same QB" either, because if you claim to be a fan of this team, you surely understand the difference between the styles of Chad and TJ. Apples and oranges.

I also think that teams in need of WR such as the Eagles, Chiefs, Raiders, Bears, and the Dolphins and a few others would look at the situation at hand and while they would love to have someone like Boldin, they won't want to give up more than the Cowboys gave up for Roy freaking Williams (and they will). There sits Chad who could be had for a first and third, maybe less. Chad still demands a double team when he's on the field and allows for those types of matchups for other receivers, making them think they are better than they are. (Any takers on who ??)

There sits Chad who could be had for a first and third, maybe less. Chad still demands a double team when he's on the field and allows for those types of matchups for other receivers, making them think they are better than they are. (Any takers on who ??)

Yep, a 1st and a 3rd isn't out of the question - about the right value tbh. As you say, he demands a double team. That's what teams will pay for, not for the ability to catch the frickin ball - even FBs can catch the ball these days. He's also able to make receptions whilst double covered too, although not in a Larry Fitzgerald insane highlight kinda manner.

He isn't 35. He's got 2 good years left in him barring injury, maybe 3, and for a team who is looking to make a last push before having to rebuild he'd be a huge pickup.

Give him his paycheck and a chance of winning the big one and douchbag 85 will go away and old lovable, child-like (infant-like) Chad will return for at least a couple of seasons.

I think many of you take this "Chad needs to be double teamed" thing too far.

To explain:

1. In a vanilla 4-3 package with no blitzes, both WRs will be double teamed. (DB and FS on one, DB and SS on the other)

2. In all other packages, 4-3, nickel, dime, blitzes, whatever, when there is only one choice on who to double team (if anybody), yes Chad wins over TJ, or any of our TEs or RBs.

I think Chad gets double teamed by default many times, and toward the end of the season he wasn't getting double teamed much at all.

Chad at this point has a LOT to prove and very little incentive to do so. He doesn't go over the middle. He doesn't block. And his team attitude stinks. Even when he excels, his lack of teamwork makes everyone else's job around him harder. Every time he gets hit, he gets up slow. And he is 30.

No way he is worth any more than a 4th or 5th rounder at this point. He may even be challenged for his starting job this season, assuming he isn't given his usual free pass.

In many ways, Chad is like the housing market. We had our chance with the Redskins offer last year, but now the bubble has burst. He is a flashy, expensive WR who isn't worth s**te in today's market.

i would be really surprised if chad goes anywhere, first i don't think we'll get the value that mike brown wants (he reportedly turned down two firsts from the skins last year), secondly as comfortable as some may be turning the wr position over to the youngsters i just don't see that happening

No way he is worth any more than a 4th or 5th rounder at this point. He may even be challenged for his starting job this season, assuming he isn't given his usual free pass.

Ahhh, another piehole who thinks Chad would only fetch a 4th or 5th rounder. Pray tell, if I begin to skullpunch you about this point will you suddenly claim you were only being sarcastic?

<_<

Patriots cut Kelly Washington...Return of the squirrel?

If Chad and Tourage are gone, sure...do it!

....Just to see that dance again i'd take him back with chad \laugh

No way he is worth any more than a 4th or 5th rounder at this point.

Roy Williams got a 1st...It's very realistic that the minimum the Bengals get offered in a 2nd. "shrug"

....first i don't think we'll get the value that mike brown wants (he reportedly turned down two firsts from the skins last year).....

Get your facts straight if you're going to imply OTHERS don't know what they're talking about. The rejected offer was a 1st and a conditional 3rd. And that's exactly the type of offer that some of us feel will be matched or better IF the Bengals openly attempt to trade Chad this season. Whether they even shop him is another matter because I've seen nothing to make me think they will. But if they do I'm betting on the higher trade compensation while you seem to think

That said, I don't care how many hundreds of times I read someone pop off about how Chad isn't worth more than a 4th or a 5th....because I have no problem whatsoever saying you're all remarkably wrong.

The other part the is odd to me about this is, many people don't think Chad is worth sh*t on the market because he isn't that good anymore, lost a step, isn't a good leader or blocker, but the Bengals CAN'T win without him. Make up your minds already. Please remove the fencepole from your ass and make a decision. You want him because he's that good or you don't, but if you say he's "needed" here to win and the Bengals HAVE to have him, then he's more valueable than a f*cking 4th round pick. Why ?? Because there are more than a good handful of teams that have a GREATER need for WR then we do...

The other part the is odd to me about this is, many people don't think Chad is worth sh*t on the market because he isn't that good anymore, lost a step, isn't a good leader or blocker, but the Bengals CAN'T win without him. Make up your minds already. Please remove the fencepole from your ass and make a decision. You want him because he's that good or you don't, but if you say he's "needed" here to win and the Bengals HAVE to have him, then he's more valueable than a f*cking 4th round pick. Why ?? Because there are more than a good handful of teams that have a GREATER need for WR then we do...

Testify!