what mike brown should say

richmond_mat

I found this in article this morning in the nyt

"Once, just once, I’d like to hear an owner call a news conference to make the following announcement: As the quarterback of this franchise, I realize that I’ve made a number of bad reads. I’ve held the ball too long and taken some bad sacks. We are where we are today because of my bad decisions. I’m going to make a good decision today. Effective immediately, I am firing myself as owner."

I could not say it any better. :lol:

It wouldn't even take that much... I would like to see him apologize to the fans of the Bengals and then see him make an effort to hire a GM (worth a sh*t) and improve his scouting department. Than maybe build an indoor practice facilitiy like the local college team has identified as a need for thier team...

Hilarious.

You guys want apologies, a heartfelt and appropriately brutal self-flogging, and exactly what else?

A pony?

Would a new pony make you feel better?

Here's what Mike Brown should say.

"I'm old. I've made a buttload of money for my family. The future is secure for generations of Browns. Time to retire to the soft comfy chair secure in the knowledge that I've done my best."

There's your pony.

The future is secure for generations of Browns. Time to retire to the soft comfy chair secure in the knowledge that I've done my best."

There's your pony.

If this "secured future" includes the family still running the team as has been done since Mike took over from his father, that pony is a nag. :horse:

Hilarious.

You guys want apologies, a heartfelt and appropriately brutal self-flogging, and exactly what else?

Yes, I would like that, but also understand it won't happen so I might as well be asking for the ability to piss up a rope.

What else ?? I would also like the opportunity to kick him in the balls with every ounce of force I could muster !!!

That being said, Mike Brown won't address any of this and if for some reason he would, his response would be so vague, it would leave you scratching your head wondering what the hell he just said...

Hilarious.

A pony?

Would a new pony make you feel better?

Here's what Mike Brown should say.

"I'm old. I've made a buttload of money for my family. The future is secure for generations of Browns. Time to retire to the soft comfy chair secure in the knowledge that I've done my best."

There's your pony.

Well, let's see...a pony, a Super Bowl-winning Bengals team and a logical argument from you that DOESN'T include you being a condescending chucklehead.

Yeah, that pretty much completes my CHRISTMAS list of stuff I'll never get.

Well, let's see...a pony, a Super Bowl-winning Bengals team and a logical argument from you that DOESN'T include you being a condescending chucklehead.

I'm sorry, what was it you guys were discussing? Whether an owner of a highly profitable family business should "fire himself as owner" due to his inability to win more....(wait for it).....games.

Seriously, this idea sounds realistic to you?

I'm sorry, what was it you guys were discussing? Whether an owner of a highly profitable family business should "fire himself as owner" due to his inability to win more....(wait for it).....games.

Seriously, this idea sounds realistic to you?

No it doesn't sound realistic, but you would have to be a real dolt to think I, or anyone else, would believe it would happen.

I didn't know hair was from the fire many would like to light under mikey's arse. :lol:

mike brown runs a business, mike sells a product that is pure s**t. if you don't like it don't buy it. i personally would love to see mike take this team and all it's sorrows to another city. so the only words i would like to see from MB or his family is,

1 mike brown has died.

2 we are selling the team.

3 we are moving to another city.

you know as damn well as i do, that mike WILL NEVER EVER build a team that wins consistently. the man is clueless, he was counting on o'dell and pollack to be starting on this team this past season. that just proves how f**king clueless the man is .

I hate to ruin anyones fun so let me get this thread back on track by asking the following question.

When you imagine kicking Mike Brown in the nuts what type of footwear do you fantasize wearing?

Discuss endlessly.

Realistic ?? None of what any of us think Mike Brown should or shouldn't say is realistic. This is all in, you know, fun and jest... As in things to discuss when there is nothing of great importance going on with the team. Come on Hair, you been around here for the offseason. It's going to only get worse...

As to the footwear, it's irrelevant, but I'd like to consider those big ass Frankenstein clodhoppers...

I hate to ruin anyones fun so let me get this thread back on track by asking the following question.

When you imagine kicking Mike Brown in the nuts what type of footwear do you fantasize wearing?

Discuss endlessly.

Well, I'm certainly not wasting any of my good heels............I'm sorry, was that out loud?????

[ This is all in, you know, fun and jest... As in things to discuss when there is nothing of great importance going on with the team.

But there is something of great importance happening right now. Marvin Lewis lived to fight another day. The issue of whether he gets another year or two to rebuild this team has been decided, and as crazy as it might sound it might be time to consider where this team goes from here.

But no, it's too soon for that, right? Gotta give the people a little more time to indulge their little fantasies about getting a pony for Christmas or Mike Brown "firing himself as owner."

Come on Hair, you been around here for the offseason. It's going to only get worse...

True enough. Still, don't you have to wonder how many more weeks we'll have to wade through fan portrayals of Mike Brown as a tragic Dubya figure OR the latest tear-stained demand that somebody/anybody be fired as proof this team will do everything it can to keep up with....(wait for it)....the Cleveland Browns.

As to the footwear, it's irrelevant, but I'd like to consider those big ass Frankenstein clodhoppers...

Rather typical military thinking, I guess. Go big or stay home, ehh? Still, I can't help thinking you guys are looking at this thing the wrong way.

How about no footwear at all? Skin on skin. Cheech Wizard style.

More satisfying, I'd think.

But there is something of great importance happening right now. Marvin Lewis lived to fight another day. The issue of whether he gets another year or two to rebuild this team has been decided, and as crazy as it might sound it might be time to consider where this team goes from here.

I don't know, Maybe I was the only one who truly thought there wasn't much to consider about Marvin coming back. Not to say that he would have been fired from another team or not, we are talking about the Bengals and you had to be blind to think Mike Brown was going to fire Marvin. Marvin also admitted to this being as close to "his kind of team" since he's been here, so I knew he wasn't going to quit either.

As for where the team goes from here, it's pretty simple to look at. I said earlier to give it time in regards to change, but I believe that time has now come and gone. In that, Bratkowski is here to stay for at least one more season. That being the case, I hope to hell they are pounding the hell out of who to draft. The center position needs to be addressed in the top of the 2nd to ensure we get one of the top centers in the draft. I like Luigs out of Arkansas myself. Pick up a vet free agent Center to go along and bring him up. As for the 1st rounder, I think if we stay put at #6 it's going to be a tackle. It doesn't HAVE to be, because the case could be made for Orakpo or even Crabtree if TJ actually leaves.

There is also the defense where we need to look at the linebacking corps with the hopes of getting a better than average MLB. I wouldn't mind a CB with some return capabilities either. How about bringing back Thornton on a vet minimum ?? If not, then DT also becomes a need again in this draft. I love what Zimmer and Fitzgerald have done this year and see it continuing to improve going into next year. Hopefully Odom becomes the DE we thought we were getting before he suffered the injury on day one of camp. If he does, that DE in the 1st may be less attractive. Rucker also seemed to having a good year until he got hurt again as well.

All of that said, I still like to find time to bag on Mike Brown or comment about things that have little to no chance of ever happening. Also the thought of skin on skin in regards to sending a shot to another man's junkpiece is not the direction I would go in, but hey two each his own...