TJ Out vs. Chiefs

HoosierCat

ah yes, the vague and ambiguous "bad back" or in this case, the "I-don't-want-to-ruin-my-career-in-a-meaningless-game-before-I-have-a-chance-to-get-big-FA-dollars" bad back.

I am not a Doctor but this is pretty easy to diagnose this morning, even from California.

On one hand, I can see why he did it. On the other hand, he did sign a contract, and he is getting paid. The more I think about it, the more I think screw any player that bails on a game because it doesn't happen to be played at a conveniet point in the arc of his career.

On one hand, I can see why he did it. On the other hand, he did sign a contract, and he is getting paid. The more I think about it, the more I think screw any player that bails on a game because it doesn't happen to be played at a conveniet point in the arc of his career.

Well it would be one thing if TJ still had any faith whatsoever in the organization.

Don't get me wrong, Caldwell did well today and yes, that may be a sign of the times, but lets not forget we were playing the Chiefs. I would still LOVE to see TJ back in stripes next year. The guy is tough and just comes to play every Sunday. Hard to complain about his year with Nutzpatrick throwing him the ball. Where was Chad again this year ?? Anyway, I wish I could have seen him play today, because my gut feeling is, it was his last game as a Bengal.

Well it would be one thing if TJ still had any faith whatsoever in the organization.

I guess I didn't realize that "faith in the organization" was the standard. I was under the impression that TJ was a professional, that he signed the contract and would live up to it whenever physically possible. Do you suppose he had a clause in his contract that required him to play as long as he had faith in the organization, but if he didn't have that faith, he could just sit but still get paid? Somehow I doubt it.

Either TJ was really hurt, or he just sent Mike Brown a message; "You can tag me, but remember how my bad back can flare up any time when I'm disgruntled. You can't find it on an xray or an mri, but it's there."

Don't get me wrong, Caldwell did well today and yes, that may be a sign of the times, but lets not forget we were playing the Chiefs. I would still LOVE to see TJ back in stripes next year. The guy is tough and just comes to play every Sunday. Hard to complain about his year with Nutzpatrick throwing him the ball. Where was Chad again this year ?? Anyway, I wish I could have seen him play today, because my gut feeling is, it was his last game as a Bengal.

Today's evidence notwithstanding?

Don't get me wrong, Caldwell did well today and yes, that may be a sign of the times, but lets not forget we were playing the Chiefs.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Either TJ was really hurt, or he just sent Mike Brown a message; "You can tag me, but remember how my bad back can flare up any time when I'm disgruntled. You can't find it on an xray or an mri, but it's there."

I've been expecting the level of rancor between TJ and the Bengals to rise. He's made it clear all season he doesn't want to be tagged. Same sh*t, different offseason.

I guess I didn't realize that "faith in the organization" was the standard. I was under the impression that TJ was a professional, that he signed the contract and would live up to it whenever physically possible. Do you suppose he had a clause in his contract that required him to play as long as he had faith in the organization, but if he didn't have that faith, he could just sit but still get paid? Somehow I doubt it.

T.J. needs to leave that "don't tag me" crap alone; at least shut up about it. Being pouty about a nearly $10 million contract (all of which would be guaranteed) for one year worth of work, while most of the nation is sitting on nails unsure if they'll have jobs by the end of the year, is an awfully shortsighted argument. I understand where he's coming from compared to his mates in the league, but he just needs to shut up about it.

Today's evidence notwithstanding?

Sure... ok