Draft position update!

combatbengal

It’s like I called it. We had the number two selection and at the end of the year, found a way to screw it up. Don’t get me wrong, I love the win (especially against the Clowns), but the win does nothing for us. Oh I forgot, we can use the last wins as momentum for next season. BS! What it does is save MB money, which means that there won’t be many if any changes for the future. Moved from number two to number six with one week to go. A win next week will most likey get us the number 7 pick.

Draft order as of today:

# 1 Lions (this is a lock)

# 2 Chiefs 2-13

#3 Rams 2-13

#4 Seahawks 3-11

#5 Raiders 3-11

#6 Bengals 3-11-1

#7 Browns 4-11

#8 49er 5-9

Both Oakland and Seattle won, so the Bengals stay at 4.

Their win today does close them out of the top 3 picks.

Lowest we can pick is 7, which happens if we beat KC next week and Seattle, Oakland and Cleveland all lose.

If we win and Cleveland loses, we finish 3rd in the AFC North and the Clowns end up in the basement. :lol:

Too high and Mikey would probably go RB if he has to pay big bucks. Too low and we never trade up. Lose lose really. I'm not even going to bother with the draft this year. It'll be a really long off season. No need to waste any of it only to taste the bitter taste of squandered picks at the end.

Traditionally the Bengals haven't done well with the 4th-7th picks. Maybe I'm wrong, but all I can think of are Akili, Warrick, and Justin Smith. You can probably throw Ki-Jana and Klingler in there as well, since they traded up.

As always the Bengals' would be wise to pick up an extra 2nd rounder if they can trade down, they could use upgrades at just about every position area, and lack impact players across the board now.

Lowest we can pick is 7, which happens if we beat KC next week and Seattle, Oakland and Cleveland all lose.

If we win and Cleveland loses, we finish 3rd in the AFC North and the Clowns end up in the basement. :lol:

Hopefully this scenario plays out. The last thing this team needs is a top five pick and the huge chain to the player that comes with it. (Unless mikey would trade it and you know that would never happen.)

Hopefully this scenario plays out. The last thing this team needs is a top five pick and the huge chain to the player that comes with it. (Unless mikey would trade it and you know that would never happen.)

We'll find out soon enough where their slot is, no doubt they'll find a player that will start right away. Right now, with news of Stacy Andrews ACL, only Bobbie Williams is a sure fire starter next year from the guys currently on the line. They'll need lots of beef eaters to man up for Carson.

We'll find out soon enough where their slot is, no doubt they'll find a player that will start right away. Right now, with news of Stacy Andrews ACL, only Bobbie Williams is a sure fire starter next year from the guys currently on the line. They'll need lots of beef eaters to man up for Carson.

WHitworth? or not considering him since he ended this season with injury....

It’s like I called it. We had the number two selection and at the end of the year, found a way to screw it up. Don’t get me wrong, I love the win (especially against the Clowns), but the win does nothing for us.

Why do you do this every year? Almost all of us put winning any game above deliberatly losing soley to gain draft position, and that's especially true when the team faced is Cleveland.

And BTW, quit pretending like every year most of us change our minds come draft day. We don't.

Oddly enough, it's things like this that keep me a Bengal fan.

Third place, baby.

For me it's not so much that we're third place, it's that we kicked the Browns down to fourth. And we did it the year after we destroyed their playoff hopes. Suck on it, Browns!

WHitworth? or not considering him since he ended this season with injury....

Its the line playing the game right now. Whits on IR, Stacy will be soon, Levi isn't playing either.

Oddly enough, it's things like this that keep me a Bengal fan.

Third place, baby.

For me it's not so much that we're third place, it's that we kicked the Browns down to fourth. And we did it the year after we destroyed their playoff hopes. Suck on it, Browns!

I think we can lose to KC, they scored some points yesterday, something we can't do. For sure the Browns will lose, they are the worst team in the NFL, by far. I think Detroit could take them.

Next week no Stacy Andrews. Probably no Chad. KC should win.

It’s like I called it. We had the number two selection and at the end of the year, found a way to screw it up. Don’t get me wrong, I love the win (especially against the Clowns), but the win does nothing for us.

Why do you do this every year? Almost all of us put winning any game above deliberatly losing soley to gain draft position, and that's especially true when the team faced is Cleveland.

And BTW, quit pretending like every year most of us change our minds come draft day. We don't.

It's not every year. Last year, everybody wanted wins at the end of the season which knocked us to the 9th pick. I stated that I didn't want to lose but the wins would move our draft selection to a later pick. Most, not everybody was good with the wins over a draft pick, until the draft arrived. Then most of the people wanted a higher pick to get a certain player. The players that most of the people wanted were gone when it came to our pick. Don't get me wrong, Love the Rivers pick.

With a top three pick this year, we can pick up a QB, WR or RB that another team needs and wants. Then trade that player for more picks and maybe a solid lineman.

Last year we were unsure of David P's come back. We didn't know what was going to happen with Thurman. Chad was throwing a fit. Didn't know what to do with Henry. This year, won't be as bad, but we do have a great deal of foxholes to fill. First, we need to find some men to protect Palmer. We also need to resign TJ. Bottom line, he's the only WR that's performed for us for the past two years.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if we let Chad and Henry go. Neither has done much for the team this year.

Resign S. Graham. He's a solid kicker.