I know we tied....But.....

Kazkal

13 is truly a unlucky number >_<

That was rediculous. That was the definition of Bungled. I really had high hopes for an 8-8 season, but to end a game with your defence playing that well in a tie?...

I'm at a loss for words.

Im at loss for words on why they didnt try anything deep down the field, why not take chances. Instead they decided to run the ball on a 3rd & 7, what they hell is that, this team is 1-8 and playing for nothing, but a nice win to add to there other one. The play calling was horrible, they do anything on offense, and yet i feel so bad for the defense. Next time try throwing something down the field, try to win the game and stop acting like a bunch of pu**ies when your calling plays.......YOUR 1-8 not 8-1

Yep the calling could have been more exciting but the fact is we were in a position to win. The execution is what failed the team today ultimately, not the play calling itself (even if it might not have given us the greatest chance of winning).

Still, I didn't even think we had a chance of anything other than a loss in this game. Looking forward to hopefully seeing White or Duke not p***y out against the Steelers again and making Whines s**t his pants on Thursday.

Edit: It may turn out to be nothing, but the tie might add a little twist to the draft positioning.

Per C. Trent over at 1530, the Bengals now have a .150 win percentage, which puts them 3rd behind the Chiefs (.100) and Lions (.000). Three teams are at .200. So yeah, basically we definitely dropped behind our week 17 opponents today. For the moment, of course.

If I weren't so lazy I'd do a poll asking what mood the outcome put everyone in. (Tie me up or tie me down?)

For me, up.

Edit: It may turn out to be nothing, but the tie might add a little twist to the draft positioning.

Up for me too. Beats the hell out of losing a game. If we were 8-1 going into the game then no doubt I'd be down. But yeah, improvement!

We should have won this game, especially getting 4 turnovers, this O-line is pathetic...I feel cheated out of a victory, because this offense can't sustain a drive...And CCrocker played one of the best games from a Bengals defensive player I have seen in a while and the offense didn't give him/them any help...

We should have won this game, especially getting 4 turnovers, this O-line is pathetic...I feel cheated out of a victory, because of this offense can't sustain a drive...And CCrocker played one of the best games from a Bengals defensive player I have seen in a while and the offense didn't give him/them any help...

I'm with that. What? 7 or 8 sacks? That game was, offensively, pathetic. To paraphrase Herm Edwards, "You don't play...to tie...the game!" Seriously, we're done with the 'moral victory we can build on this'. We're now 1-8-1. I'm disappointed and less than satisfied with the tie, but we're in next season mode already anyway.

Well yeah, moral victories aren't great, but the O-line has been dodgy for some time and it's only gotten worse with each season since Rich left. Unless the O-line is sorted (by luck it seems, as via the draft or FA is not on the horizon), Carson will paper over most of the cracks and may even might sneak us into the playoffs again but that's the very limit as it is. And also assuming the D progresses into a consistently solid unit.

Maybe a play fake from 1st and goal at the 1 after recovering the fumble? Just thinking out of the box, here. Wish the Bengals would.
We fall for that all the time down at the goaline, but nonetheless you mean to tell me that we can't power the football in from the 1/2 yard line on 1st and goal...

Maybe a play fake from 1st and goal at the 1 after recovering the fumble? Just thinking out of the box, here. Wish the Bengals would.
We fall for that all the time down at the goaline, but nonetheless you mean to tell me that we can't power the football in from the 1/2 yard line on 1st and goal...

Misdirection works just as well as brute strength in football. Unfortunately, we don't have a whole lot of brute strength and we don't ever try any gadget plays.

I get so tired of that "let's prove we're men by shoving it down their throat" bulls**t. Given how this line has played all year, did you really think that they could just line up and push Philly's d-line back? Particularly a d-line spoiling for a fight? There's a time and a place for everything, and that one, it seemed to me, screamed for play-fake-toss-pass-to-wide-open-tight-end. Yes, the same one that ALWAYS works on the Bengals.