First Pick prospects

Wraith

Count on Mike Brown stepping in and drafting the 1st WR or RB in the 1st round he gets his sights set on.

A good GM would draft o-lineman as least twice on day one next year and address the defense in FA.

If he drafts a wr or rb in the first, or even the second, he will have reached a new level of stupidity. Not a new level of stupidity for him, a new level of stupidity for mankind. Henceforth the field of psychology, or sociology, or whatever field tries to quantify human retardedness, will proclaim that in human endeavors there are five levels of ultimate stupidity. Unless your name is Mike Brown, in which case there are six.

Mike Brown is a lousy GM but he's not that lousy as to bypass LT and RT on the 1st day draft. After all, he's done it before with Levi and Willie. So he knows the deal.

For one, if he goes stupid on us, Carson Palmer will pull a Chad Johnson. Its his life and livelihood at stake.

Of course Mike Brown is stubborn, so stay tuned. Problem is after 5 years of Marvin Lewis, the team is basically lousy with his guys.

His Oline is junk except maybe one guy.

His Dline is incapable of pressuring the QB. His guys all. Peko is probably ok, Sims needs more pt to find out. The rest could be replaced.

RB is a disaster.

His secondary gets the team killed at least twice in a game with an explosive play. Joesph is a Marvin Bust and routinely gets beat for a big yardage play. Duke and Hall seem to be guys to build around.

The needs are many, the picks are few. 2009 is another rebuilding year, with or without Marvin.

I do now believe Marvin won't be back next year. The stink of such an ugly loss to Pittsburgh will force Mike to move on.

I'm starting to wonder if you have been watching the games. 9 out of every 10 or maybe 8 out of every ten passing plays were thrown at whomever David Jones was covering. It became utterly redundant to hear the announcers say "David Jones now comes in on the nickel package...," shortly followed by, "a completion to so-and-so with David Jones making the tackle." Offenses try not to throw Leon Hall's way, and most of the time they avoid J-Joe as well. The problem is, the Bengals can't get ANY pressure on the QB, even when they blitz, and they leave their DBs exposed to trying to cover a WR for 6+ seconds. Your defense just can't be successful doing that. I don't think the defensive line run any stunts whatsoever, and when someone blitzes it isn't disguised at all. One thing I do miss this season is seeing Ahmed Brooks rushing the QB. He was the only guy the Bengals had that could time a snap count and disrupt pass protection. The only way this is going to get fixed is to get some faster LBs and some D-linement that can take on double teams and still get a push or hold their ground.

Actually I caught the game on Sirius radio and was blessed to have the play by play from the Pittsburgh announcers.

Jonathon Joseph got tagged for pass interference near the goal line when the score was 24-10. I think he earlier got toasted alittle on another ball as well that led to a score.

I don't hear much or see much from Hall, he is doing well. Joseph I hear frequently missing a tackle, giving up a long pass play, etc. For a 1st round guy, I expected better.

I'm a huge Maualuga fan. I think they still lack that Ray Lewis-esque type of dominant force in the middle. I'd be thrilled to get a franchise tackle in the top 5, but who is there? I think they'd have to reach to take a tackle in the first, and there would be better value to take one in the second.

I'm a huge Maualuga fan. I think they still lack that Ray Lewis-esque type of dominant force in the middle. I'd be thrilled to get a franchise tackle in the top 5, but who is there? I think they'd have to reach to take a tackle in the first, and there would be better value to take one in the second.

Go LT in the first and hope that Brandon Spikes is still there in the second. I don't think you can miss with either Oher, Monroe, or Smith in the first. I would prefer Smith over the other two but any of these guys would immediately help the Bengals offensive line. I don't want to go through another season where Carson gets killed and the Bengals cannot run the ball. Then center in the third or pick up FA center.

I will stick with what I spent time pissing up a rope putting together and say O-line in 3 of our first 4 picks.

OT

Center

MLB

Guard

After that, I'll defer to my mock draft. I may have to move Brinkley up a round or two if he keeps playing the way he has...

Holy crap, has there ever been a player pimped so early for the upcoming draft ?? Well, there you go... BRINKLEY !!!

Alright,

I have been totally against us getting an Oline man this whole year. I have now softened on my stance and if we get a top three pick we need to get one. My top choice for this pick is Michael Oher from Ole Miss. The guy is a beast and he is being compared to Walter Jones and Orlando Pace. If we can get him to anchor our line for the rest of Carson's career we will be in a good spot. If he is unavailable or we get a pick later than the top 3 I say we definatly take James Laurenitis from Ohio State. I am not at all a fan of the Buckeyes but I saw him play in person against Michigan State and he was an absolute beast. For our second round pick we HAVE TO get Center Alex Mack from the university of California. If we have to we need to trade into the first round and get him. He is graded higher than Mandagold was a couple years ago. In the third round my Boy Javon Ringer needs to come home. He is a great value pick in the third. He reminds me a little of Steve Slaton.

I like him to but he is inconsistent at times and injury prone. NO THANK YOU not when James "The Animal" Laurentis is there!

Hmmm Michael Crabtree first overall pick? If Beanie finishes the season well I could see him getting the nod. I thought it was very telling that during the broadcast of the game this weekend the announcers made a point in saying that the Bengals were starting Cedric Benson after only picking him up 3 weeks ago...They said it must tell a lot about the state of the franchise. They win the Captain Obvious award of the year in my book.

I think Michael Crabtree has Mike Williams written all over him. I DO NOT want him. I wouldn't mind him in the second if we needed a receiver which we don't. They will resign TJ.

Hmmm Michael Crabtree first overall pick? If Beanie finishes the season well I could see him getting the nod. I thought it was very telling that during the broadcast of the game this weekend the announcers made a point in saying that the Bengals were starting Cedric Benson after only picking him up 3 weeks ago...They said it must tell a lot about the state of the franchise. They win the Captain Obvious award of the year in my book.

I think Michael Crabtree has Mike Williams written all over him. I DO NOT want him. I wouldn't mind him in the second if we needed a receiver which we don't. They will resign TJ.

?If you think that TJ is going to resign with this team you are drinking more Kool-aid than Mike Brown could fill a swimming pool with

?If you think that TJ is going to resign with this team you are drinking more Kool-aid than Mike Brown could fill a swimming pool with

THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF THE FRANCHISE TAG. WE AREN'T GOING TO LET HIM GO. HE HAS ONE GOOD CONTRACT LEFT IN HIM, EVEN IF WE JUST KEEP HIM FOR ONE YEAR HE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!

No 1-2

OT's

Smith

Oher

Trade-downs/if we were in a spot where a Stafford, Tebow or Crabtree were on deck.

C

Mack - ideal

RB

Moreno

DT

Walker

OK we don't even need to start talking about a new QB especially one in the first round. You just don't do that! Carson is younger than Delohme who just had the Tommy John surgery and if that is what it is then he will be out the rest of this year and some of next. I don't think that is it because they would have already shut him down and got him the surgery!

THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF THE FRANCHISE TAG. WE AREN'T GOING TO LET HIM GO. HE HAS ONE GOOD CONTRACT LEFT IN HIM, EVEN IF WE JUST KEEP HIM FOR ONE YEAR HE WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR!

So you are saying you would rather have 2 disgruntled WRs that don't want to be here instead of just one?

So you are saying you would rather have 2 disgruntled WRs that don't want to be here instead of just one?

Yep, it doesn't matter if he is disgruntled as long as he is on our team. We can't lose him for nothing, that would be a tremendous loss to the team especially considering what Detroit just got out of Roy Williams and what we turned down from the Redskins in the off season.

We can't lose him for nothing, that would be a tremendous loss to the team

But we might well. We're the Bengals, it's what we do.

See

Williams, Madieu

Steinbach, Eric

and next year

Andrews, Stacey

Brown has always been willing to lose out on good deals -- the "Orleans whole draft" offer, the 1st and third for Chad while he still had value, etc etc -- and to let good players walk away

They can't ignore the Center or Guard positions again this year.

And of course they desperately need a good Tackle - Whit would probably be an upgrade to Levi at LT at this point.

Mike Brown won't pay Centers or Guards "tackle money" though, like most teams realize they have to at some point for a few years, preferably when you have some affordable Tackles already under contract.

What Brown completely fails to realize is it takes more than 1-2 DE's to have a pass rush, and more than a LT to protect your franchise QB, and more than a RT to have a running game. If the Browns would get-off the stupid "we won't pay certain positions no matter what" stance, and stagger their cap hits by intelligently signing people at the right times, this would not be this way it is now.

They did not have to sign Peko when they did, nor give him that ridiculous contract. They did not have to re-sign Willie or Andrews if they would've drafted or signed a good guard.

They did not have to let Walter or Steinbach go if they did not do the above.

It's so brainless and stupid most fans realize how bad they are at personnel decisions, yet you get "you don't know how tough it is to run an NFL franchise!" from Katie, and nothing from Mike, who will never swallow his pride.

I very little faith they'll change or do the right things for any sustainable period of time.

No 1-2

OT's

Smith

Oher

Trade-downs/if we were in a spot where a Stafford, Tebow or Crabtree were on deck.

C

Mack - ideal

RB

Moreno

DT

Walker

OK we don't even need to start talking about a new QB especially one in the first round. You just don't do that! Carson is younger than Delohme who just had the Tommy John surgery and if that is what it is then he will be out the rest of this year and some of next. I don't think that is it because they would have already shut him down and got him the surgery!

I think you misunderstood me.

If we are picking in a spot where a Tebow or Stafford is the obvious selection, then I hope we'd trade down. The following then were the players I'd target is I got to trade down out of the top 5.

And of course they desperately need a good Tackle - Whit would probably be an upgrade to Levi at LT at this point.

Mike Brown won't pay Centers or Guards "tackle money" though, like most teams realize they have to at some point for a few years, preferably when you have some affordable Tackles already under contract.

What Brown completely fails to realize is it takes more than 1-2 DE's to have a pass rush, and more than a LT to protect your franchise QB, and more than a RT to have a running game. If the Browns would get-off the stupid "we won't pay certain positions no matter what" stance, and stagger their cap hits by intelligently signing people at the right times, this would not be this way it is now.

They did not have to sign Peko when they did, nor give him that ridiculous contract. They did not have to re-sign Willie or Andrews if they would've drafted or signed a good guard.

It's so brainless and stupid most fans realize how bad they are at personnel decisions, yet you get "you don't know how tough it is to run an NFL franchise!" from Katie, and nothing from Mike, who will never swallow his pride.

I very little faith they'll change or do the right things for any sustainable period of time.

The real gyp here is that the mirage we saw back in 2005 had little to do with Marvin Lewis and the buzz he and Mike created with his hiring. Marvin has done as well as Dick LeBeau's drafting permitted. Now that the team is fully loaded with "Marvin Guys" we see them plumbing NFL depths of ineptitude not seen in modern history. Marvin Lewis is setting the new standards for worst performance in many NFL categories.

I do believe that should the Bengals finish 1-15 or 0-16 his position becomes impossible and no way he returns. But Mike Brown must idolize that geezer in nearby Oakland, Al Davis, and imagine himself commanding into his 80's. Heck he probably thinks he's at the top of his game right now.

The real gyp here is that the mirage we saw back in 2005 had little to do with Marvin Lewis and the buzz he and Mike created with his hiring. Marvin has done as well as Dick LeBeau's drafting permitted. Now that the team is fully loaded with "Marvin Guys" we see them plumbing NFL depths of ineptitude not seen in modern history. Marvin Lewis is setting the new standards for worst performance in many NFL categories.

I do believe that should the Bengals finish 1-15 or 0-16 his position becomes impossible and no way he returns. But Mike Brown must idolize that geezer in nearby Oakland, Al Davis, and imagine himself commanding into his 80's. Heck he probably thinks he's at the top of his game right now.

Paul Alexander HC in '09................................ :lol: