Steelers are cheaters

Next time a Stealer troll wants to pound her chest and claim greatness about what their favorite team did over 30 years ago, this is a reminder that it's as hollow as said fan's head...

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/06/23/...3909x1200208119

Even the ambulance-chasing Stealer fan gets it right at PFT: "Bradshaw says that he took steroids with a doctor's prescription. It's irrelevant, in our view. Steroids are now widely viewed as proof of cheating, both in the days before and after they were officially banned by the NFL."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/06/24/...to-steroid-use/

Thanks Steelers, for laying the foundation for the rampant cheating occurring in the NFL today! True trailblazers.

It cracks me up how the standard excuse is always, "I didn't take it to get bigger or faster, I took it to recover from injury quicker." Rodney Harrison used that excuse, as I recall. First, I don't believe it, and I can see no reason why anyone should believe it. There is not a shred of evidence to support it. Second, by about game 12 of the season, being able to recover quickly from the wear and tear of the previous 11 games is a huge advantage.

Finally, I think all those steroids did something to Bradshaw's brain. Watching his pregame and halftime show on Fox is like having a root canal. Here's how it goes: They show a highlight, maybe someone from the Panthers makes a tackle for loss. Then Bradshaw says, "Hey, that's not how they did it in my day!" Then the whole studio crew cracks up in laughter, braying like jackasses for like ten seconds. Then Howie Long says something after the next highlight, for instance, "Wow, that defensive back has to be wondering where Randy Moss went on that play. He ran right by him!" Then everyone laughs again for another ten seconds. The only thing missing is anything that is actually funny. They try to portray the show as some sort of fraternity house/locker room atmosphere where jocks laugh at jock humor. But the whole thing is so forced and so stilted that I can't even watch it. Jimmy Johnson is not funny, Terry Bradshaw is not funny, Howie Long is not funny. So why is everyone on the set laughing like Sam Kinison crawled out of the grave for one last set?

Its not cheating, if anything, they (steroids) make the game of football BETTER!

Wouldn't be surprised to find out Palmer used steriods and/or human growth hormones to help him recover from ACL replacement surgery faster.

Steroids and HGH do both; make you bigger, stronger and faster and can help you recover quicker than normal from injury...

Barry Bonds is the only person not allowed to get away with taking steroids because it's baseball. I have a problem with that for some reason...Football, I would rather see steroids be permited.

Its not cheating, if anything, they (steroids) make the game of football BETTER!

Wouldn't be surprised to find out Palmer used steriods and/or human growth hormones to help him recover from ACL replacement surgery faster.

Steroids and HGH do both; make you bigger, stronger and faster and can help you recover quicker than normal from injury...

Barry Bonds is the only person not allowed to get away with taking steroids because it's baseball. I have a problem with that for some reason...Football, I would rather see steroids be permited.

It IS cheating because steroids are banned by the NFL. Period. It doesn't matter if you have a prescription from a doctor or not, the NFL does not allow their players to use them in any form.

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2008 11:19 am EDT

Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up

By MJD

I doubt that it's going to cause much of an uproar or that anyone will be calling for asterisks on the four Super Bowl trophies that the Steelers won in the 70s (although Patriots fans might want to leave it in their backpocket as kind of a trump card), but Terry Bradshaw admitted last week that he used steroids during his playing career.

If you're detecting a lack of surprise in my tone, congratulations on being perceptive. I already looked at the 70s Steelers as doing for steroids what the Bill Walsh 49ers did for the west coast offense. The 'roids were legal then, no one was testing for it, and there's no way the Steelers were the only ones. At the time, no one knew any better.

Here's what Bradshaw said on Dan Patrick's radio show:

“We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing. My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and thought nothing of it. … It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn’t to get bigger and stronger and faster.”

That may not have been the intent, but according to Jim Haslett, that's what it did. And while we're on the subject of unintended side effects, now might also be an appropriate time to mention that 70s Steelers are are dying off like NYC construction workers in The Happening.

Gracias, Larry Brown Sports.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much of a revelation that is for him. The Steelers teams of the 70's have been famous for being roided up for quite a while now. I doubt Bradshaw's admission will generate any new scrutiny.

And that's why you're not allowed to take them. It gives you an advantage over players NOT taking them. It's cheating. It also has a lot of side effects you won't find out about til your older in life and then there's roid rage. Just look at Bill Romanowski for a good example of that.

And that's why you're not allowed to take them. It gives you an advantage over players NOT taking them. It's cheating. It also has a lot of side effects you won't find out about til your older in life and then there's roid rage. Just look at Bill Romanowski for a good example of that.

There's a documentary out now called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" by Chris Bell. I haven't seen it (heard this guy talking to Adam Carolla on the radio about it) but it actually dispells some myths about steroid use, one of them being "roid rage", that it actually only happens in 10-15% of users. Not that I support anabolic sterioid use for performance-enhancing purposes (including agreen's twisted perception of the subject), but I am curious to see which steroid myths can be debunked using concrete evidence to back up such a claim. If anyone has seen this or heard about it, speak up...

There's a documentary out now called "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" by Chris Bell. I haven't seen it (heard this guy talking to Adam Carolla on the radio about it) but it actually dispells some myths about steroid use, one of them being "roid rage", that it actually only happens in 10-15% of users. Not that I support anabolic sterioid use for performance-enhancing purposes (including agreen's twisted perception of the subject), but I am curious to see which steroid myths can be debunked using concrete evidence to back up such a claim. If anyone has seen this or heard about it, speak up...

It's like any other drug. Take alcohol for example. The majority of people can handle going out and having a good time drinking, but there's always that one guy that's just not wired the same. He can't handle his alcohol, drinks too fast, just a complete head case. Steroids are no different. One out of ten people have adverse (roid rage) effects... Believe me, my father was an ametuer body builder and a user for many years. Other than him being absolutely cock-diesel, you would never know that he was a user by his attitude.

Bill Romanowski had that rage, but it wasn't really phsycotic, it was more like him feeling like Superman... Chris Benoit had the type of rage that is scary.