HAPPYJAQ

There are many to choose from:

1. Starting DT, next to Peko

2. Starting OLBs, assuming Rivers plays MLB

3. 2nd or 3rd WR, considering the Chad situation

4. Starting RB

4. Starting SS, Dexter or Nduke?

5. Starting FS, Sold on White?

6. 3rd TE, Undrafted 2nd year Coates or draft pick Sherry?

I am interested in seeing how the whole WR situation plays out. We will be forced to cut a good player or two this year. TJ, Chad, Holt (primarily because of ST's) and Simpson are locks and that would leave 2 spots for Chatman, Caldwell, Urrutia, Gabriel, Maxwell and maybe Purify to battle for. Maybe another reason to look harder at a Chad trade, especially if you can get a 1st and 3rd. Any thoughts?

There are many to choose from:

1. Starting DT, next to Peko

2. Starting OLBs, assuming Rivers plays MLB

3. 2nd or 3rd WR, considering the Chad situation

4. Starting RB

4. Starting SS, Dexter or Nduke?

5. Starting FS, Sold on White?

6. 3rd TE, Undrafted 2nd year Coates or draft pick Sherry?

1. As much as a leader as Thornton is, I'd really like to see Sims win the job.

2. I've always thought Rivers' best fit was at WLB, seeing as Brooks is going into the season as a MLB. Eventually, I'd like to see Brooks at SLB, cause he's the prototype at that position, and Odell at MLB, but that's a big if.

3. I think Simpson and Caldwell will step in and get a lot done right away, but I expect Chatman to be a starter week one. But I think Caldwell fits perfectly in the slot, and will be making some serious plays there by the end of the year.

4. It's Rudi's job to lose. He won't start, but I want a little more DeDe mixed in.

5. I don't see any way that they can take the job from Nedu if he keeps playing like he did last year.

6. I'm sold on White, but he's still really inexperienced. We'll see. Who else is there to take the job from him though?

7. I like Coats, and Sherry doesn't impressive me. That pick kinda threw me off, especially with value on the board at other positions. If he was a good blocker, he could contribute in goal line situations, but he's not.

When I read the thread title, I assumed you meant head to head battles on the field, not guys battling for the same position.

I'm really looking forward to Ghiaciuc taking on Shirley. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Chad bust the wedge on kickoff coverage.

in order

S - want to see Corey Lynch make the team, and how Kilmer has recovered from injury

WR - how will the new guys fit in with the old. Is it possible to get a good WR out of Florida? History for the most part says no.

SOLB - can Eric Henderson make it through w/o injury? if not, he's likely done with the NFL. Otherwise, he may be the new starter.

DT - the two new guys vs Meyers and Thorton

The more I think about it, FS will be intriguing. White comes in as the starter and behind him you have only Kilmer and the Corey Lynch as the only players on the roster who are clearly "centerfielders". I do believe that Jones and Nduke could play there in a pinch. To me, Nduke, Jackson, Busing, Jones and Hebert are all SS types. If White stuggles in training camp or the pre-season, would the Bengals start Lynch or move Nduke to FS and start Jackson? It'll be interesting to watch, to say the least.

CBS Sports Scouting Report on Corey Lynch:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/draft/1249521

I'd like to see if Santucci has any chance of ousting Guy-check. I hope to see White, Lynch and Duke make it as three of the safeties. Maybe Kilmer makes it in as well with the Herbert guy the ST guy/backup. Kilmer might be cover at CB also?

Of course, looking forward to the WR rookies and where they end up on the depth chart. Also, who wins the spot against Sims. Hopefully it's Myers or Peko and not JT.