Levi Jones requesting trade

Kazkal

They said he was unhappy with the coaching staff,Sam Baker in round 2 maybe? -_-

PS,Right before they cut to commercial rich said Levi Jones will be traded but gave no details.

Jesus...what's next? Carson and T.J. asking to be traded next!?! :wacko:

Really feels like a kick to the stomach because bo way we'd get what he's worth and would take a high pick to replace him and this whole time I was happy with the OT's on our team "sigh"

PFT

LEVI WANTS OUT OF CINCY, TOO

Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2008, 12:25 p.m.

Receiver Chad Johnson isn’t the only guy who wants out of Cincinnati.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, tackle Levi Jones recently asked for a trade.

Per Schefter, Jones wants out because of disagreements with the coaching staff.

Jones, the tenth overall pick in 2002, is signed through 2012, at salaries of $3 million in 2008, $3 million in 2009, $3.75 million in 2010, $4.55 million in 2011, and $5 million in 2012.

Jones’ interest in leaving is another reason for the Bengals to dig in their heels on Chad Johnson. Once they let Johnson leave, any other player who has a stick in his butt will try to get out, too.

As to Jones, maybe the best way to get his rear end in line is to have Joey Porter (and six other guys) come to town and kick it again.

Wouldn't that piss Chad off to no end if Levi got out, but he didn't :P

I'd love it. Levi threatens nothing, asks politely, and gets his way. Chad builds what amounts to a tactical nuclear strike, and finds a stone wall. Few things in life are this beautiful to me. :)

"I wanted traded" more often than not is code for "I want more money." And if you look at Levi's salary through 2012, you can understand his request.

He better be able to understand that this year is a test for him. Last year he couldn't play early due to injury, then when we put him in he got humiliated until he got pulled. He came back later and played ok.

If he wants more money, he better play like he's worth it. Because his performance last year was in line with what he's currently scheduled to get paid.

Per Schefter, Jones wants out because of disagreements with the coaching staff.

After last season you'd think he would have learned his lesson. As I recall he whined and complained about the Bengals needlessly keeping him out of the starting lineup and how he was ready to play weeks before another players injury forced him back into the lineup....where Jared Allen whipped him so badly and easily Levi had to be removed from the game.

Maybe the guy should start listening to his coaches again...like he did when he was a young player responding to criticism that he was overdrafted.

This is funny. Marvin has no control of his team at this point.

I don't know. I don't think this reflects on Marvin at all. Just like a lot of teams, guys are trying to get new deals, extensions, etc. Levi is just a grouch. He couldn't believe they didn't rush him back last year. Then when his performance affirmed their decision, he still didn't get it.