1st Round: Keith Rivers

ArmyBengal

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this move puts JEanty as a nickel LB and no longer a starter. You know if Ahmed Brooks is healthy he starts, and so does Odell if he is in shape and not too lost in the new system. So does a smart guy like Keith Rivers come in and start right away with those guys? Then you rotate Dhani in? or does Dhani start over Odell? Best thing about this is guys like Shlegal only sees the field for special teams. There are a lot of LBs on the roster now so there should be plenty of competition in camp

The Bengals just wasted a top 10 pick in my opinion. I like Keith Rivers and he's a solid player... but not worth that high of a selection. They could have landed a Landon Johnson clone in the 2nd or 3rd round instead of reaching for this guy.

Any guy i take in the top 10 better be a playmaker and Rivers is not that. He's weak rushing the passer and he's not a playmaker. He's just a solid guy that will show up for work everyday and play his role but nothing more.

And for another year the Bengals will have a big hole at Dtackle. We and everybody else on earth knew teams were going to move ahead of them to take the linemen but they twiddled thumbs and let those guys get snapped up. Very disappointing to me.

It was the right pick considering how everything else fell out. We've got to be pleased.

I've been pimping Rivers from the moment it seemed likely Ellis would be off the board. He's outstanding, capable of starting from day one, has unbelievable upside, and it fills a major need.

Still, I shed a tear or two for big Sedrick. So close. So far. So predictable.

OK, now that it's settled. I'm OK with Rivers, but just wondering why we couldn't have pulled off that trade to get Ellis. My best guess (besides the fact that we love to wait and hope) is that they figured they would get Ellis or Rivers if they waited and that they needed LB and DL help, so don't give up an extra pick when there's a solid guy that should be there at a position you need. We do need a lot of help in a lot of areas, so we need to keep our picks.

I just wish that we would have traded Chad Johnson and done something special in this draft.

No complaints.

They were saying on Homer in their pre-draft special that if it wasn't Ellis, they were going to Rivers with no hesitation. That means they liked him and were not settling. It also likely means new Def Coord Zimmer had some sway. And, frankly, I trust him. If he likes River for his system, good. Fine with this.

It was the right pick considering how everything else fell out. We've got to be pleased.

I mean, let's be honest. Which person in here didn't have a sinking feeling in the back of their gut that Cincy was going to opt for a RB...again. :P

By "how everything else played out" you mean "how the Bengals sat there with their thumbs up their asses despite knowing all week the Saints were going to trade ahead of them"?

But sure, it could have been another RB. Thank God for small miracles.

No complaints.

They were saying on Homer in their pre-draft special that if it wasn't Ellis, they were going to Rivers with no hesitation. That means they liked him and were not settling. It also likely means new Def Coord Zimmer had some sway. And, frankly, I trust him. If he likes River for his system, good. Fine with this.

We needed DT more, but maybe the coaching staff knew something we didn't. Rivers is a solid citizen and a good player. At least we know what we're getting, not the old, "huge potential if he can stay on the straight and narrow." I'm still frustrated that we didn't move up to get Ellis. You never know. Ellis could turn out to be average, and Rivers could turn into an all pro.

/Leaves house to buy lottery tickets/

The impression I got from the insiders in Bengaldom that was relayed on 1530 was that they liked Rivers almost as much as Ellis. IF that's the case, then they should not have traded up. I have no reason to distrust Zimmer. Rivers was a confident pick for them. Good. I like confidence.

Welcome aboard, Keith. Seems pretty personable. You've got my support.

On another note, anyone see the Bengals Club House? They looked so stunned and speechless.

You called it Squirrel Boy! Good job.

hey, what can I say?

I just saw the Marketability in him.....Keith Rivers.....sounds like a Bengal, as evidenced by my signature.

I mean, let's be honest. Which person in here didn't have a sinking feeling in the back of their gut that Cincy was going to opt for a RB...again. :P

By "how everything else played out" you mean "how the Bengals sat there with their thumbs up their asses despite knowing all week the Saints were going to trade ahead of them"?

But sure, it could have been another RB. Thank God for small miracles.

You never know bengals could have been talking to the pats. "shrug" doubtful but