Another one gone: Calvin Pace to Jets 6y 42mil

TJJackson

As I said in the "other" Calvin Pace thread, I don't think the Bengals interest in Pace was as high as first implied. The players they've shown strong interest in (Rogers, Robertson, Odom) are all 4-3 players, and only Rogers looked capable of switching to a 3-4.

They've showed their preference, and Pace wasn't a fit.

As I said in the "other" Calvin Pace thread, I don't think the Bengals interest in Pace was as high as first implied. The players they've shown strong interest in (Rogers, Robertson, Odom) are all 4-3 players, and only Rogers looked capable of switching to a 3-4.

There is that

There is that

OTOH, we havn't landed one of the forementioned "4-3" D-Lineman... The 3-4 may be inevitable.

Its a stretch, but I want to see Thurman and Brooks along side each other in the middle!

OTOH, we havn't landed one of the forementioned "4-3" D-Lineman... The 3-4 may be inevitable.

Inevitable only in the sense that they'd turn to it only if they can't sign the players needed to stay in the 4-3. Which is possible, I guess. But realistically, no.

The question we've all been asking for weeks, with JoePong being the notable exception, is which scheme would the rebuilding effort be based upon. And when they're attempting to sign a DT who is available precisely due to his struggles in the 3-4, well I think we've got a definitive answer.

They're staying in a 4-3.

Inevitable only in the sense that they'd turn to it only if they can't sign the players needed to stay in the 4-3. Which is possible, I guess. But realistically, no.

The question we've all been asking for weeks, with JoePong being the notable exception, is which scheme would the rebuilding effort be based upon. And when they're attempting to sign a DT who is available precisely due to his struggles in the 3-4, well I think we've got a definitive answer.

They're staying in a 4-3.

Exactly. I'm thinking they might turn to it if they can't sign the players needed. I think we'll stay a 4-3 too, but its just not looking good for the Bengals Defensively. As a matter of fact, we look horrible!

Calvin Pace isn't even as good as Reinard Wilson. He was close top being cut several times but managed to stay on the roster as a third string player because of injuries.

And there was never any doubt that the bengals would be playing a 4-3. Especially with players like Odell Thurman coming back. Thurman's talent would be wasted as inside LB in a 3-4. He needs to be either a true MLB or play weakside in a 4-3.

The Jets will take a DT since they're shopping Robertson, and the Patriots will take a CB no doubt!

Calvin Pace isn't even as good as Reinard Wilson.

Reinard never had a season like Pace did in Arizona last year, moron

He was close top being cut several times but managed to stay on the roster as a third string player because of injuries.

Yeah, there's this guy on the Bengals who went through a similar set of harsh times early in his career. Goes by TJ, plays WR in Cincinnati. You may have heard of him, but given your inability to absorb basic facts, I rather doubt it.

And there was never any doubt that the bengals would be playing a 4-3. Especially with players like Odell Thurman coming back. Thurman's talent would be wasted as inside LB in a 3-4. He needs to be either a true MLB or play weakside in a 4-3.

For the rest of you reading this blather, the Bengals are still deciding which way to go, and are (rightly) letting personnel dictate it. It may well end up being 4-3, if indeed the final personnel set they have is best suited to a 4-3.

Calvin Pace isn't even as good as Reinard Wilson.

Reinard never had a season like Pace did in Arizona last year, moron

He was close top being cut several times but managed to stay on the roster as a third string player because of injuries.

Yeah, there's this guy on the Bengals who went through a similar set of harsh times early in his career. Goes by TJ, plays WR in Cincinnati. You may have heard of him, but given your inability to absorb basic facts, I rather doubt it.

For the rest of you reading this blather, the Bengals are still deciding which way to go, and are (rightly) letting personnel dictate it. It may well end up being 4-3, if indeed the final personnel set they have is best suited to a 4-3.

Wow! So much crap to sort through in this post. Reinard had 9 sacks in one year with the Bengals. So to say he never had a season like Pace had last year is ridiculous. You act like Pace is a top notch OLB or something. He did absolutely nothing before last season- he was thrid string and didn't even get playin time. He had one extremely medicore season.

And when did TJ have any harsh times like that? He impressed from his very first training camp as a 7th round pick and contributed as a rookie. In his second season he blossomed and had over 40 receptions for almost 500 yards as a #4 WR - we haven't gotten that much production from a #4 WR in a long time- and has been a big time contributor ever since. He missed the next year with an injury and all the stupid bengal fans wanted to ride his ass out of town. I took a lot of heat for saying there is NO WAY he should be cut and that he should be a HUGE part of this team and was definitely one of the two best receivers we had. His talent was obvious to some of us, so just because you wanted to get rid of him for missing a season, don't compare him to a bust like Calvin Pace.

Show me one season where TJ was bad like Pace was.