What has FA done for the Bengals thus far

combatbengal

Other teams are trading and signing players like wild flowers. What have the Bengals accomplished thus far. We let M Williams go, may let J Smith go. Lost a trade with the Lions for a nose tackle. Have I missed anything? There were some really good players out there that could have made this team stronger on both sides of the ball. No idea what's going on with the thought process.

Well, stop me if this makes no sense, but I think the Bengals were thinking they got themselves some Rogers. That appears to have been their thought process. So what's your beef with what they tried to do?

Smith did not live up to being franchised last year and Williams didn't deserve big money. Overpaying for free agents never works. The Rogers deal was nice, but it's gone. All we have is the draft.

Since the Bengals expect to get a 3rd and 5th round compensatory pick, Goddell will probably make sure they get a 6th and 7th instead. Only thing they could do now that would make me happy is if they took the 3rd and 5th they were going to trade for Rogers and instead trade it for another teams second round pick. A first rounder and 2 second rounders would help.

Smith did not live up to being franchised last year and Williams didn't deserve big money. Overpaying for free agents never works. The Rogers deal was nice, but it's gone. All we have is the draft.

And once again, Lucy jerks the football out before poor ole Mike.....I mean Charlie Brown kicks it...

The Titans' Antwan Odom is scheduled to visit the Bengals this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Here's how it'll go, the bungles will make him an offer and his agent will use it to get him a better deal with someone else.

See, now I've saved you days of worry and speculation. Ain't I a peach? ^_^

Other teams are trading and signing players like wild flowers

Not really, just the Browns.

B)

Actually the 49'ers are matching your teams activities.

So I stand corrected. I honestly dont see them doing much next season though, at least until they build up their line and figuire out their QB situation.

Figure out their QB position!?! With the Browns resigning Anderson with Brady Quinn waiting in the wings, I believe BOTH teams have a lot of figuring to do.

Other teams are trading and signing players like wild flowers

Not really, just the Browns.

B)

Actually the 49'ers are matching your teams activities.

So I stand corrected. I honestly dont see them doing much next season though, at least until they build up their line and figuire out their QB situation.

Figure out their QB position!?! With the Browns resigning Anderson with Brady Quinn waiting in the wings, I believe BOTH teams have a lot of figuring to do.

Nope, DA is the starter until he proves other wise, simple as that.

BTW 2>0

Hey new guy, that Brownie the Elf really brings back memories for me. I was born in Cleveland, and we lived in the city on a bus line. When I was like 4 and 5 my dad would take me to Cleveland games. In the fall the City would put stickers of Brownie the Elf on the bus stops that on game days ran routes to the stadium. One of the stops was right near our building, and my dad and I would walk down to the bus stop that had Brownie the Elf on it. This was 1966-67. I have fond memories of that elf character, but I haven't seen it in decades.

Hey new guy, that Brownie the Elf really brings back memories for me. I was born in Cleveland, and we lived in the city on a bus line. When I was like 4 and 5 my dad would take me to Cleveland games. In the fall the City would put stickers of Brownie the Elf on the bus stops that on game days ran routes to the stadium. One of the stops was right near our building, and my dad and I would walk down to the bus stop that had Brownie the Elf on it. This was 1966-67. I have fond memories of that elf character, but I haven't seen it in decades.

Let me add to this. Before 1968 I was a Browns fan because they were the closest NFL franchise to where I lived in Erlanger Kentucky. After that time it was over.

The Titans' Antwan Odom is scheduled to visit the Bengals this weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Here's how it'll go, the bungles will make him an offer and his agent will use it to get him a better deal with someone else.

You stay classy, San Diego.

Yea, Im pretty fond of it too. If the Brownies had a mascoton their helmet(thank god they don't), I would want it to be this 'lil guy.

Well, stop me if this makes no sense, but I think the Bengals were thinking they got themselves some Rogers. That appears to have been their thought process. So what's your beef with what they tried to do?

Because it seems all they did was agree to pay the Lions asking price and hope for an exemption, which was unprecedented from what I understand, and make it appear as if they really did something, or tried to.

Thus it was a lame effort.

You stay classy, San Diego.

Now now mem, that was an old post before we kissed and made up. No fair holding that one against me. :blush: