LSU vs. Ohio State

3-2-1 the Bucks are done. I don't want Laurinaitis. He seems to be in on a lot of tackles, but is pretty much getting blown off the ball when they run right at him. The Bengals don't need another Landon Johnson, which is who Laurinaitis reminds me of. I think Gholston is a ghost out there. He doesn't really seem to be doing anything for the Buckeyes. Personal fouls are kiling the OSU. I like what I have seen from Dorsey. He is going to be a great pro for another team other than the Bengals. I have liked what I have seen from LSU's corners. Oh and the TE from LSU #82 is a very solid player. Kind of hope the Bengals can pick him up. Too many playmakers for LSU.

I don't think I've ever cared less about a National Championship game...

The only reason I'm paying close attention is to watch Gholston and Laurinaitis. That last INT pretty much sealed the game for LSU IMO.

The Buckeyes would have needed to play a perfect game to win and they didn't even come close. 5 personnel fouls, 2 INT's, a blocked FG and a dropped TD pass. Running in to the kicker on 4th-24!?! Ugh!

You really have to wonder about Tressell too. This is the second season in a row he's teams have underpreformed in the biggest game of the season. LSU was clearly the better team but OSU could have at least kept it close and made it respectable without all the errors and mental mistakes.

Tressell's quickly becoming our version of Lloyd Carr, all Carr could do before Tressell arrived was beat Ohio State, all Tressell can seem do lately is pound Michigan. <_<

I don't want Laurinaitis. He seems to be in on a lot of tackles, but is pretty much getting blown off the ball when they run right at him. The Bengals don't need another Landon Johnson, which is who Laurinaitis reminds me of.

They're both LB's that have to be protected.....you simply have to keep blockers off of them. All night long LSU slipped blockers off the edge and once they reached the 2nd level they destroyed Laurinitis, pushing him completely out of the action. Most of the time it was the RT #71 doing the damage but others got their shots in as well, and all of them succeeded. Worse, LSU's TE exploited Laurinitis on numerous plays...slipping into empty areas that Laurinaitis had vacated...often as he did little more than fake a pass rush.

And you're right, Gholston also disappointed, but at least he looks the part.

How about 0-9 against SEC teams in Bowl games? Yeah playing against weaker competition in the Big Ten is great, but when OSU plays against the SEC they get owned.

The Big Ten played more than half of thier bowl games this season in the state or neighboring state of thier opponent, a huge dissadvantage.

The SEC is great, LSU has now won three championships and had the pleasure of playing all of them in NO 50 miles from their campus.

How do you think the game would have been different if played in Dayton?

You really have to wonder about Tressell too.

Tressel's won four Big Ten titles in his 7 years. 6-1 vs Michigan. 73-16 in his 7 years as coach, 5 BCS bowls in 7 seasons, he's 3-2 in those bowls. One national championship. Still wondering?

Tressel's becoming our version of Lloyd Carr. Before Tressell got here all Carr could do was beat OSU, now all Tressel seems to be able to do is pound Michigan.

7 Big Ten titles - 7 titles in a mediocre conference. Could he have won those with his Buckeye teams if they'd have played in the SEC or Pac-10? Doubtful.

He's been blown out of 2 Nat'l Championship games in which his teams appeared disjointed and slow to respond to the other teams speed and offensive game plans.

He did beat a heavily favored Miami team once but he needed a controversial pass interference call to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely like Tressel, he's head & shoulders better than Cooper was. I'm just wondering if we weren't a little quick to label him a genius is all.

7 Big Ten titles - 7 titles in a mediocre conference. Could he have won those with his Buckeye teams if they'd have played in the SEC or Pac-10? Doubtful.

He's been blown out of 2 Nat'l Championship games in which his teams appeared disjointed and slow to respond to the other teams speed and offensive game plans.

He did beat a heavily favored Miami team once but he needed a controversial pass interference call to do it.

Don't get me wrong, I genuinely like Tressel, he's head & shoulders better than Cooper was. I'm just wondering if we weren't a little quick to label him a genius is all.

OK, I'm with you on the genius thing. I always think it's funny when football coaches get labeled geniuses. Shouldn't they be curing cancer, or working in fields I can't pronounce and probably don't even know exist, if they are truly geniuses?

How would Tressel do if he moved from dominating his "mediocre" conference, up to the big leagues (SEC, PAC 10)? I don't have to guess. He's already done it. Two national champions at Youngstown State. Then upgraded to the Big Ten to win four league titles and one national title. Nobody can we 'em all, but Tressel is one of the best football coaches in the country.

OK, I'm with you on the genius thing. I always think it's funny when football coaches get labeled geniuses. Shouldn't they be curing cancer, or working in fields I can't pronounce and probably don't even know exist, if they are truly geniuses?

How would Tressel do if he moved from dominating his "mediocre" conference, up to the big leagues (SEC, PAC 10)? I don't have to guess. He's already done it. Two national champions at Youngstown State. Then upgraded to the Big Ten to win four league titles and one national title. Nobody can we 'em all, but Tressel is one of the best football coaches in the country.

Like I said, I like Tressel too and I'm certainly not calling for his head or anything like that. And to clarify my comment, I mean would Tressel have won the SEC or Pac-10 with those same players if his Ohio State teams had played in those conferences?

I know nobody can really answer that but I bring it up to make a point, winning in the Big 10 is not neccessarily comperable to winning in those other conferences.

We need to recruit more speed on defense and more atheliticism on our O-line before we can seriously challenge the top teams in the SEC and such IMO.

ok for whatever reason this is the second year in a row osu failed to show up. but the sec nuthuggers kill me if you do some research and check out the numbers you will find, that the bigten in the last 5 years has a 10-9 advantage in bowls games over the sec. then go do some research and you will find the teams in the bigten have a 97-88-7 advantage over the teams in the sec. so any theory you have that the sec is so great, well the number say different. you sec supporters are just claiming that off of two osu loses in the past 2 seasons. yes osu defense failed to show up but 5 personal fouls a dropped td a field goal attempt fn 4 feet off the ground, then tackling the fn punter instead of blocking the damn thing WTF. lsu played a good game , but osu self imposed mistakes just f**king killed them. osu was their own worst enemy and only have to look in the mirror to find the reason they lost. i give lsu some credit for taking adavtage of osu mistakes. if and, "i know it a big word."osu does not make those boneheaded mistakes it would have been a differnt game, not say that osu would have won. it would have been a lot closer than it turned out.

the sec nuthuggers kill me.

If my University of Kentucky Wildcats can knock off the eventual National Champs every year, then I don't mind huggin' a nut or three. Granted it took U.K. three overtime to do it, but a win against LSU is a win!

then go do some research and you will find the teams in the bigten have a 97-88-7 advantage over the teams in the sec. so any theory you have that the sec is so great, well the number say different.

Well the problems with statistics like that is how exactly were they calculated? Teams have changed conferences over the years don't forget. A good example is Penn State. Does that total include all the games Penn State played against SEC teams before they joined the Big-10 or not? Should it?

See what I mean? ;)

Like I said, I like Tressel too and I'm certainly not calling for his head or anything like that.

I get it. But if they decided to replace Jim Bollman, offensive coordinator and O-line coach all rolled into one big stupid package, I'd applaud that move.

If the bucks get the Vince Young -alike QB from Pennsylvania that they so desperately are recruiting, they might just end up in that National Championship game next year or the year after. If Bollman is still there, I believe they will lose again.