LSU vs. Ohio State

LSU beat the pants off of the buckeyes exposing what the experts claimed.....A big ten title ain't what it used to be.

BUT I cannot call LSU national champs. Not with the way WVU demolished Oklahoma and Georgia looked pretty good too. USC looked great against another crappy midwestern team.

If this kind of controversy can be generated again next season we might get a playoff. Check out what the head of the ncaa is saying.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/sports/n...html?ref=sports

then go do some research and you will find the teams in the bigten have a 97-88-7 advantage over the teams in the sec. so any theory you have that the sec is so great, well the number say different.

Well the problems with statistics like that is how exactly were they calculated? Teams have changed conferences over the years don't forget. A good example is Penn State. Does that total include all the games Penn State played against SEC teams before they joined the Big-10 or not? Should it?

See what I mean? ;)

you can try to handicap it anyway you like.

the sec nuthuggers kill me.

If my University of Kentucky Wildcats can knock off the eventual National Champs every year, then I don't mind huggin' a nut or three. Granted it took U.K. three overtime to do it, but a win against LSU is a win!

billy the this was not a personal attack at you, i apologize. my point is that i am so sick of hearing that the sec is better than the big ten when it is not. everyone one is judging the bigten because of the OSU loses the past two seasons. but yet the the success other teams have in the bigten has against the sec is being sweep under the rug because of OSU.

then go do some research and you will find the teams in the bigten have a 97-88-7 advantage over the teams in the sec. so any theory you have that the sec is so great, well the number say different.

Well the problems with statistics like that is how exactly were they calculated? Teams have changed conferences over the years don't forget. A good example is Penn State. Does that total include all the games Penn State played against SEC teams before they joined the Big-10 or not? Should it?

See what I mean? ;)

My point is that it's not black & white. You can come up with different results depending on how you count up the wins n' loses. Depending on whether you count the games played by teams before they joined the conferences or not you can come up with very different statistics.

And as Mark Twain once said; "There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics." ;)

See what I mean? ;)

My point is that it's not black & white. You can come up with different results depending on how you count up the wins n' loses. Depending on whether you count the games played by teams before they joined the conferences or not you can come up with very different statistics.

And as Mark Twain once said; "There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics." ;)

i get what your saying. my point is simple, all the teams that are playing in each conference overall records against each other.