what is Bengals football?

mancunian

"That's the old-fashioned Bengals football," left tackle Levi Jones said. "When we're at our best, our running backs are getting the ball, and our O-line is breaking down their D-line."

Read that following the Jets game and it got me thinking how would you define "Bengals Football"?

Running late for a dinner engagement and being stuck in construction traffic.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

(metaphorically rather than literally, as in not fulfilling potential!)

Finding coaches who are offensive or defensive "Gurus", only to have those repsective parts of the game SUCK BALLS...

Trying to evaluate talent with a next to nothing scouting staff and then wonder how you can have one of the worst defenses in the league for over 10 years in a row...

Having fans that would kill for a playoff team and shot at the Super Bowl, only to be disappointed by a 2-4 start in a season they were suppose to contend for the Division title...

WHODEY !!!

* Denial (this year will be different!)

* Anger (someone must pay for the early season failures!)

* Bargaining (Oh God, if you give us a victory I will ...)

* Depression (why?, oh why?)

* Acceptance (well, at least I can buy some new paraphernalia really cheap ... can't wait 'til next year!)

* Denial (this year will be different!)

* Anger (someone must pay for the early season failures!)

* Bargaining (Oh God, if you give us a victory I will ...)

* Depression (why?, oh why?)

* Acceptance (well, at least I can buy some new paraphernalia really cheap ... can't wait 'til next year!)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: So true, so true...

Bengals football is synonymous with Cincinnati itself. Conservative, backwater, incompetent, distrustful of outsiders, and emphasizing personal connections over professional competence. Both give occasional treats (Graeter's Ice Cream, Carson Palmer) to fool everyone about how bad things really are.

There is no such thing as Cincinnati Bengals Football !

Because there is no commitment to winning!

The Ownership is cheap, The Coaching staff is mediocre at best, and the Talent isn't smart enough to make a difference on the field!

The Patriots will buy a SuperBowl if they have too, but they've at least got the guts to still try and CHEAT !! I'd rather play for a coach that will give every effort to ensure my advantage over the other team than a coach that won't even let me go for it on 4th and 1 at the opponents 2 yard line when our team is 2-4 !!

I hate to say it, but if you look over the history of the franchise, Bengals football is generally entertaining ... losers.

Boobie Clark, Ken Anderson, Charlie Joiner, Ike Curtis, Dan Ross, Trumpy, LeClair, Lemar Parrish, Fulcher, Ickey, James Brooks, Boomer, Collinsworth, Forrest Gregg, Sam Wyche, the list goes on and on of thoroughly entertaining players (especially on offense) that rarely win consistently enough to develop a winning tradition.

I really thought Marvin might be beginning to change that. This will not happen without a retooling of the defense and an invigoration of the O line.