Final Cuts

jjakq27

Who stays and who goes? We should know shortly. I believe that cuts should be announced by 4pm today.

I can only guess that DJ's extended play last night might have been a final look-see before they make a move. This guy is pathetic and I can't see him making it here. His TD to Henry was a gift and will make his stats look better than they really are. Hopefully Rowe gets a long look on Friday.

It looks like the Steelers already cut Larry Croom and Kevan Barlow. And Kelly Holcomb got traded to the Vikes for a low pick next year.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Johnson indeed sucks...but I don't see the Bengals going the 2 QB route and its a bit late to be bringing someone else in. Unless of course Wright loses out in NY...

At WR, after Chad and TJ they may as well play paper-scissors-rock to cull the remainder. No one has stood out, or for that matter done much of anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up a vet off waivers.

The bubble may pop for Rucker...but if I had to bet they keep him. B-rob? Ratliff? Nduke may have potential but do you cut a Busing or Indiana Jones to keep him on the active roster when he could get PS'd?

Yep those are good ?'s. Guess we'll see.

I think i'm more interested in who they may pick up than who they'll cut this year. This team lost a lot of role players, and didn't do much to replace them. Then again, I don't know what you can do when your 1st and 2nd round picks are injured just about every single year - really catching up to this team right now. Despite having a good core and some good players (which every team has), there's a talent deficiency with guys like Perry, Pollack, Thurman, Henry and Irons on the sidelines or out of the game altogether. Then you lose Steinbach and experience a downgrade there as well, and at center.

Hell Pollack didn't even bother showing up to the game last night in his hometown.

There should be some sort of restitution from the NFL - some sort of hard luck clause, lol, if anyone deserves it, it's the Bengals' with their major injuries and day one picks. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

Well, isn't that anticlimatic? No cuts today per Hobs, they were already at 75. However, they are now at 74; Keift is indeed gone, again:

Also Tuesday, the Bengals got their roster to 74 players, one under the limit, in part by putting left tackle Adam Kieft on season-ending injured reserve for the second time in three seasons. The limit is 75 until Saturday's final cut, and that may indicate they may add a kicker to work Friday's preseason finale in the wake of Shayne Graham's hip pointer suffered Monday night in Atlanta.

Anyone know who's out there in the way of kickers? Did anyone ever sign Vanderjagt?

Well, isn't that anticlimatic? No cuts today per Hobs, they were already at 75. However, they are now at 74; Keift is indeed gone, again:

Also Tuesday, the Bengals got their roster to 74 players, one under the limit, in part by putting left tackle Adam Kieft on season-ending injured reserve for the second time in three seasons. The limit is 75 until Saturday's final cut, and that may indicate they may add a kicker to work Friday's preseason finale in the wake of Shayne Graham's hip pointer suffered Monday night in Atlanta.

Anyone know who's out there in the way of kickers? Did anyone ever sign Vanderjagt?

A whole lotta nothing for now.

I saw a note over at go-bengals to the effect that, on the radio broadcast of last night's game, Lapham said Keift was scheduled for surgery. Anyone else hear it? If so, looks like he's headed back to the injury list...

What? No....can't be. You mean a Bengal that got hurt and NEVER healed? That's unheard of!

Some notes from kffl...Bengals waive 2 scrubs, put Pollack on PUP. Must be holding out hope that he can come back in a couple months...

Bengals | Pollack placed on PUP list

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:41:31 -0700

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced they have placed LB David Pollack (neck) in the Physically Unable to Perform list.

Bengals | S. White waived

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:38:33 -0700

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced they have waived FB Stan White Jr.

Bengals | Kays waived

Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:36:49 -0700

The Cincinnati Bengals have announced they have waived WR Tony Kays.

Some notes from kffl...Bengals waive 2 scrubs, put Pollack on PUP. Must be holding out hope that he can come back in a couple months...

See, I told you weeks ago that Marvin didn't say anything that officially ruled Pollack out for the entire season.

;)

BTW, Mort was on ESPN Radio earlier and named the Bengals as a team most likely to disappoint this season. He pointed to the injury list and the way setback after setback has ruined the Bengals ability to develope timing on both sides of the ball. His rant ended withthis conclusion..."Right now they're struggling to find competence, and as a result of having a dozen or so injured players don't even know what kind of team they are."

BTW, Mort was on ESPN Radio earlier and named the Bengals as a team most likely to disappoint this season. He pointed to the injury list and the way setback after setback has ruined the Bengals ability to develope timing on both sides of the ball. His rant ended withthis conclusion..."Right now they're struggling to find competence, and as a result of having a dozen or so injured players don't even know what kind of team they are."

Comforting comment of the day.

Sounds about right, unfortunately.

Here's our new (temporary) kicker, per Hobs...

According to a NFC source Tuesday night, the Bengals have been awarded veteran kicker Aaron Elling on waivers. Elling last kicked regularly for the 2003 Vikings when he made 18 of 25 and has a career mark of 19-for-28 with a long of 51 yards. The Bengals don't comment on transactions until paperwork is completed.

Elling, who has also kicked for the Titans and Ravens, was last in the NFL in 2005 when he was a kickoff man in Baltimore for nine games.

Bengals: Somebody get Mr Elling a cup of coffee.

AE: That's okay, just point me to my locker.

Bengals: Sorry, none are available right now. Lots of players coming and going. More honestly, plenty of guys are still here but incapable of doing anything more than rehab. Chris Perry has two lockers and his own hot tub. It's sorta crazy right now.

AE: Uhhh, then where do I put my gear?

Bengals: Just keep it in the trunk of your car for now.

AE: But I don't have a car yet. I arrived by taxi.

Bengals: Even better. The parking lot can get pretty crowded, what with Chad Johnson's fleet of cars. Pink Caddy. Dodge Daytona truck. That little tiny clown car. I hear he even managed to steal DeAngelo Hall's car last night. You may even get the chance to wash it.

AE: Well, do I at least get a uniform with my name on it?

Bengals: Probably. Check with the front office on Wednesday. Thursday at the latest.