What's the Call on Wins?

bengalskyspy

Season Prediction  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Wins

• 10 or more
    • 6 or fewer

I wasn't too far off...

Given the number of serious injuries we have sustained as a team, I'd actual venture to say I will consider this is a successful season if we get 8 wins. Under the circumstances, with more injuries sure to come when the games are real, and these injuries will more than likely be to starters.......I would not be shocked if we go 6-10.

Don't get me wrong - I think this is a playoff team if we are healthy - but I can't think of a team with more injuries at the moment than we have

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying 10-6 (plus or minus one on either side), and I will stick with that.

But the front loaded difficulty of the schedule has worried me ever since it came out, and the injuries along with Henry's suspension certainly add to the unease.

Significant games to win in the first four? The opener against the Ravens and the following week up in Cleveland.

Missed it, but that's why I label the season a disappointment.

When I predict, I allow myself a range of + or - 1 from my number, so I saw this as a 9 to 11 win team.

Instead we got 7. A complete failure.

In hindsight, my second sentence above was dead on. Front loaded schedule combined with Henry's suspension was a killer. Not to mention this team's general lack of heart.

The Homer in me predicted ten wins, while the Moe in me acknowledged many of the problems. Sadly, the Nelson in me couldn't see the coming disaster on the injury front, especially at LB.

Aside from Nostradamus, nobody could have forseen that Hair. What I did see was a distinct weakness in game scheming which still exists with this coaching staff. There never seems to be game adjustments from one half to another that the team benefits from, which IMHO is the crux of the teams woes. They just hard headly stick to what they went into the game with whether it's working or not. :( This troubles me greatly.

I say that as I sit here eating Roman noodles for dinner in the dark because I lost all my money betting on the Bengals and haven't paid any bills in 3 months.

But you have enough money to buy a new Caddy? CaddySide.jpg:o

BTW, if that's you standing in front of the car, I'd bet you be pimpin' low and slow around town in it! ^_^

I say that as I sit here eating Roman noodles for dinner in the dark because I lost all my money betting on the Bengals and haven't paid any bills in 3 months.

But you have enough money to buy a new Caddy? CaddySide.jpg:o

BTW, if that's you standing in front of the car, I'd bet you be pimpin' low and slow around town in it! ^_^

Traded a '70 Monte that was rusting to the ground for it. I'll pimp that ride through a McDonalds drive thru.

OK, Danimal explain the picture... Is that a dollar sign hanging from your neck ?? And, do you have a bum wheel or are you just that smooth with the cane ?? Nice Caddy !!!

WHODEY !!!

Dollar sign around the neck so my hoes can see me a comin!! Naw actually that's what I was wearing for New Years Eve. and the cane? Well that pimp daddy cane is actually converts into a full size pool stick. My uncle got it in the Phillipenes during Nam.

OK, Danimal explain the picture... Is that a dollar sign hanging from your neck ?? And, do you have a bum wheel or are you just that smooth with the cane ?? Nice Caddy !!!

WHODEY !!!

Dollar sign around the neck so my hoes can see me a comin!! Naw actually that's what I was wearing for New Years Eve. and the cane? Well that pimp daddy cane is actually converts into a full size pool stick. My uncle got it in the Phillipenes during Nam.

Are you sure you aren't Mr. Big From I'm Gonna Get You Sucka? :blink:

Somebody shot me in my Bunion!

WHODEY !!!

Are you sure you aren't Mr. Big From I'm Gonna Get You Sucka? :blink:

Somebody shot me in my Bunion!

Yeah I need a band to follow me around and play my theme music.

Oops! I am just blown away. How can anyone look at the schedule and not see a minimum of 10 wins. Every year at least one team is either over or under-rated based on the preseason. Remember the sexy Arizona playoff pick? I will admit that I am concerned, given some of the question marks. But, I do believe that the team has improved with the addition of Myers & Hall. Even more importantly is guys like Peko, Brooks, Bluto, Andrews, Whitworth have another year under their belts.

If the OL can stay relatively healthy, Palmer could have a monster year. A couple of key injuries could turn any playoff contender into a 6 - win team. However, I just do not see how anyone can predict that. And these Cold Hard Facts boobs will throw anything against the wall in hopes that something will stick. What a bunch of clowns!

Well slap my face, call me Sheila and color me an ass hat! I did warn against what mass injuries could do, but it was more than that. They pi$$ed down their legs. What a waste of a pathetically easy ash schedule. Many, including myself, predicted that the offense alone could cruise through that sched. That dysfunctional group was the big disappointment of 2007.

El Dan... Pimp on brother !!!

WHODEY !!!

I wonder if the Bengals could hire me as their pimp. You know I could take care of the drugs and hoes for the players and keep them off the streets and out of trouble. I would love to see teh scrolling ticker during sportscenter:

"In a surprise move Wednesday the Bengals not only hired an entire new coaching staff (all Hall of Fame coaches) they also acquired (what might be the most genius move of the offseason) Pimp Daddy Caddy from Norhtern Cincinnati El Danimal."

Chris Henry would resign for league minimum just to hang.