Jets v. Miami game

kentjett

Bengals could have won this game in Denver and mooted it all. They had ample opportunities to score today and didnt. The huge problem this season was Carson playing behind a bad offensive line immediately after that horrible knee injury. He forced throws, threw too soon, got clobbered frequently because that Oline wasn't very good. Of coure it didn't help that Ocho Cinco dropped balls in big games. Or Henry was erratic at best. Or Rudi suddenly couldn't hold onto the ball. All of that plus the toughest schedule in the NFl this year and you get a nasty result like this. Then those individual bad performances at left tackle. At center. At right tackle. Those all added up to 3 or 4 losses. Hopefully 2008 will be better. Indy and Denver should be remembered as terrible performances from players that can do so much better.

The scenario:

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5789

For all you old-timers on here, remember the last game of the season 1986? Bengals are 10 win team, but needing help in the form of a Miami win over NE in Miami? Didn't get it. Missed the playoffs.

Now, mind you, it's all Cincy's fault that they need help, but I am getting serious and sinking deja vu at this point. Need Miami help. Hope we get it. Not counting on it.

A season in the window of opportunity lost. Idiots.

If Miami wins great, but I am not holding my breath, we knew what was at stake and couldn't get a win against a quality team on the road when we needed it...we controlled our own fate, now we have to depend on the Dolphins...

I've never seen such a discrepancy between a defense wanting to win so badly and an offense just not having what it takes. If the Bengals had the Dolphins defense, they would be favorites to win the Super Bowl by far!

Santa that's all I wanted for Christmas...but since it is too late...can we get someone like Jason Taylor in the draft next year? :)

I'm not making excuses for the Bengals, they played awfule yesterday, but the jets are 100 time worse than the bengals. I'm watching this team play in amazement, Chad Pennington is awful. If the jets played our schedule they would have 5 wins, period. What can you do though, if you do not make the plays you do not deserve to make the playoffs. Here's to a dolphin's win...

So we lost yesterday, and it broke our hearts. I know it broke mine. We had a comeback on and could have clinched a playoff berth. We lost, in the worst way... GET OVER IT! WE ARE STILL IN IT!!!!!! How bout some of you who are doubting Marvin Lewis, and down on this team, think about this for a second. Carson Palmer is lucky to be back on our team. He had a CAREER ENDING injury and is back to lead us. As much as we want him to come back and be that same guy as last year, theres gonna be some bumps in the road. Did we screw up yesterday? Heck yea we did. But is it over? NO! Miami wins tonight and we beat Pittsburgh, and WERE IN! Why don't some of you think back to 5 years ago when we couldn't win a damn game. Look where Marvin has brought this team! All this adversity he has faced with the arrests, and Carson's injury. We may not make the playoffs, but this man has brought us back to respectability. GO MARVIN AND GO BENGALS!!!!!!

AND GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MIAMI TONIGHT!

Playoffs As of Today:

Division Leaders:

1.San Diego 13-2 Clinched Homefield

2.Baltimore 12-3 Clinched AFC North

3.Indy 11-4 Clinched AFC South

4.New England 11-4 Clinched AFC East

Wildcard Race:

5. Denver 9-6 Clinch with win next week

6. NY Jets 8-6 Clinch with win tonight and next week (please dont)

7. CINCINNATI CLINCH WITH NY JETS LOSS TONIGHT AND WIN AGAINST PITT NEXT WEEK