Very Cool Statement from ML

membengal

Soooo much to like about our current coach. This is from .com and a statement that Lewis issued:

“On behalf of everyone in our organization, I want to say how incredible our crowd was at the Ravens game,” Lewis said. “The noise was particularly outstanding. A number of our defensive players commented to me about it, so I know it gave Baltimore’s offense a difficult situation to deal with. The fans came out in great numbers,” Lewis continued, “even though it was a very wet night with the threat of storms in the area. They stood up for our team and came out and gave us the atmosphere we always strive to have in The Jungle. I want them to know how much it’s appreciated and how we look forward to the same level of support for our last two regular-season games against the Raiders and the Steelers.”

Classy from the coach. As ever.

Prepared statement from Jim Lippincott.

Guess you are still grumpy that they are playing well, and that the line without three starters has been rock solid.

Whether or not Lewis wrote that, I am positive it was his idea to have it issued. At some point, ShulaSteak, it is permissible to stop sucking on lemons...

Ohhhh...yeah. Grumpy. Fits the Steakmeister to a "T".

Just for the record, I got dibs on Dopey. :lol:

No way... Dopey goes to Spain for obvious reasons. You're going to have to settle for happy.

Nah, I think Tasher has a death-grip on Happy. Guess I'll go with Sleepy, then... :sleep1:

Guess you are still grumpy that they are playing well, and that the line without three starters has been rock solid.

Whether or not Lewis wrote that, I am positive it was his idea to have it issued. At some point, ShulaSteak, it is permissible to stop sucking on lemons...

Lol, I'm just playing around. Don't let your Marvin man-love get the best of you. :)

Steakhouse, it is time to admit you are wrong about Paul Alexander. Ben Wilkerson, Eric G., and Whitworth all holding up against the Ravens... plus the Dancing Bear had his dancing shoes polished to a shine.

Guy-chick is still terrible and of course got hurt already. I never said anything about Wilkerson. I still think Paul Alexander needs to go.

Check Rudi's stats the last two weeks and get back to me on how great this 0-line is.

I give more credit to JJ and Rudi for their pass blocking than anyone else on that line, and I do like Whitworth.

I also said that I wouldn't be suprised if Andrews were an upgrade to Williams.

Let's keep those facts/statements straight folks!

Lol, I'm just playing around. Don't let your Marvin man-love get the best of you. :)

Steakhouse, it is time to admit you are wrong about Paul Alexander. Ben Wilkerson, Eric G., and Whitworth all holding up against the Ravens... plus the Dancing Bear had his dancing shoes polished to a shine.

Guy-chick is still terrible and of course got hurt already. I never said anything about Wilkerson. I still think Paul Alexander needs to go.

Check Rudi's stats the last two weeks and get back to me on how great this 0-line is.

I give more credit to JJ and Rudi for their pass blocking than anyone else on that line, and I do like Whitworth.

I also said that I wouldn't be suprised if Andrews were an upgrade to Williams.

Let's keep those facts/statements straight folks!

I don't know how you can hate on Ghiaciuc so much after his play the last few weeks. He has gotten better and better with time, and although he did get injured and wilkerson performed well, he will be back next game. I was one of those that felt wilkerson was the center for the future of the team, but I think guycheck has been impressive. You can see his growth each week, and he's accurately reading defenses now and making calls at the line, with some help from the other guys. And people probably hated on Rich Braham like this in his early days too. No worries man...glass is half full right now!

This was the first Bengals game I went to. I yelled so much that I was already losing my voice 5 minutes into the game.

Hell yeah that's awesome man. I'm glad you got to see an ass kicking. My voice still isn't back to normal, and I've had season tickets for 4 years now. This game and the s**tsburgh game last year were the loudest games I've heard.

OK, regarding the OL hatred...

Rudi's stats weren't the best against the Ravens great run D, but how much less time is Carson spending on his ass lately? It's like night and day the last few weeks vs. that 4 week stretch or so where we had constant O-line drama.

We can win with the o-line as is, with Guy an Whit.

But what about Cleveland? Pretty much the same results. After those 1st two big gains Rudi couldn't get squat going the rest of the day.

There's no way you can continue that pace in the running game and go anywhere in the playoffs.

I anxiously await the return of Levi and Braham and even Williams at this point, because they are all better run blockers - something Whitworth and Andrews and Guy-chick are not very good at, at all yet.

What they have done is hold up well in pass protection - I'm assuming due to their raw athleticism and size in small spaces. Asking them to chase down linebackers or move huge NT's is another story though altogether.

There ain't no "hatin" here - but I'm not satisfied with mediocrity and know they need a running game if they want to get to a Superbowl.

OK, regarding the OL hatred...

Rudi's stats weren't the best against the Ravens great run D, but how much less time is Carson spending on his ass lately? It's like night and day the last few weeks vs. that 4 week stretch or so where we had constant O-line drama.

We can win with the o-line as is, with Guy an Whit.

There ain't no "hatin" here - but I'm not satisfied with mediocrity and know they need a running game if they want to get to a Superbowl.

Actually Shulasteak, you're right. I don't share your overt criticism of the line but I can't argue with your statement that we will definitely need to run the ball better to reach/advance in the playoffs. :bengal: