Reality check

Great points DPM. Does anyone else notice that this team doesn't seem to play with the same intensity at home, as opposed to when they play on the road. The announcers said something like the Bengals have lost 5 straight (now 6) home games to an opponent with a winning record. Maybe being at home is a distraction for this team, and they need to be on the road.

Just guessing...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'm not a mean person, so I hate to say I told you so. Actually, I really wanted the Bengals to win this game, because I really hate the Pats. But I just couldn't help but laugh as I watched this game, because pretty much everything we Steelers fans were saying was proved by the Pats. The Bengals run defense is terrible. It will be the downfall of your team. Usually, your offense is good enough to make up for that, but if Palmer doesn't learn how to hold onto the ball, that isn't going to be the case anymore. That's 2 weeks in a row someone has run all over you and harrassed Palmer. The only difference is that this time, the Pats didn't make all the stupid mistakes the Steelers did, or you'd be 2-2 right now.

You know, I'm not a mean person, so I hate to say I told you so. Actually, I really wanted the Bengals to win this game, because I really hate the Pats. But I just couldn't help but laugh as I watched this game, because pretty much everything we Steelers fans were saying was proved by the Pats. The Bengals run defense is terrible. It will be the downfall of your team. Usually, your offense is good enough to make up for that, but if Palmer doesn't learn how to hold onto the ball, that isn't going to be the case anymore. That's 2 weeks in a row someone has run all over you and harrassed Palmer. The only difference is that this time, the Pats didn't make all the stupid mistakes the Steelers did, or you'd be 2-2 right now.

:rolleyes: Funny that you'd even show your face around here. Considering your team was shut out by a defense that gave up 36 points to the redskins, lost to the same team you are trying to insult, not to mention your lone victory is a narrow one over a team that just lost to the Texans, you really have no room to talk.

If we need to count on Odell Thurman to do ANYTHING --even a year from now-- then this team is truly f***ed.

We don't need to count on Odell for anything. I feel what we need is for someone on the defense to play well enough to make us forget about him. That didn't happen today. No amount of offense can overcome ZERO defense.

Offense looked decent at times.

The defense never had a moment like that. Not one.

:rolleyes: Funny that you'd even show your face around here. Considering your team was shut out by a defense that gave up 36 points to the redskins, lost to the same team you are trying to insult, not to mention your lone victory is a narrow one over a team that just lost to the Texans, you really have no room to talk.

The Steelers' record has nothing to do with this. Funny that I'd show my face here? Dude, I've been here ever since last week's game. And I've been hearing so much s**t from Bengals fans, that it's kind of fun seeing you all shut up. Again, as I said before, the only reason last week's game was any different than this weeks is the fact that the Steelers made idiotic mistakes and gave you the game, while the Pats just pretty much laughed their asses off while bitch slapping your pathetic run defense. This game makes it even more apparent that you didn't win last week, the Steelers lost.

Yeah, we got shut out by the Jaguars, but I guess I should have expected a comment like that from you, since it seems Bengals fans are incapable of seeing the big picture. Wow, Jacksonville gave up alot of points in 1 game! It was about time! And it was about time Washington's talent-laden offense finally put up some points. If you're trying to point to that game and say the Jags don't have a good defense, and that therefore makes the Steelers look bad, you're an idiot. For years now the Jags have had a great defense.

Now as for you, it isn't just 1 game. It's a trend that, if I were a Bengals fan, I'd be quite worried about. That's 2 weeks in a row your run defense has been embarrassed, and Palmer has looked bad. Now, unlike Bengals fans, I'm in no way saying that Palmer sucks. I'm just saying that it looks like you need to do something to help him get back to his normal talent level. As for your run defense, I don't know if anything can help that.

I agree in sense we need someone make us forget about him this year,but still I want him back next year o_O Throw brooks in as a starter it can't get worse get him ready for next year (Brooks,Thurman and pollack starters I'd be much happier with next year ... Start peko and JJ they've played well lets get them more experiance because people ahead arent worth crap even with their experiance.

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered...and quickly too. Here are a few questions and a few observations.

1. What's the problem up front with Willie and Levi? Many will point to the absense of Rich Braham but we seem very vulnerable to pass rushes from the outside.

2. I think the time for a change is near with Tory James. Early signs were evident against the Colts last year. Against Cleveland he gave up the long pass and last week against Pittsburgh he gave up a long one early to Wilson. Can Joseph be any worse?

3. We are too suseptible to trick plays, fakes and misdirections.

4. Was the team (1) thinking ahead to the bye week, (2) in a funk because of the Odell-Chris Henry saga, or (3) was it a post-Pittsburgh letdown? Or some of all of the above.

5. Has anything really changed since Breshnehan took over? Is Sam Adams too big? Where is the pass rush?

6. I usually try to shy away from blaming the refs and I wish I understood the rules better but how is the hit by Kevin Kaesviharn was any different that the hit on Chad (vs. Cleveland) and Chris Henry (vs. Pittsburgh)? A critical change of momentum that they could not survive. I felt they gave up after that.

7. Do they miss Pollack and Dexter Jackson as much as it seemed?

8. We are not very good at blitzing.

Watching that game today I thought I was watching a video of one of our games from about 3-4 years back. Got real tired of listening to that assclown Simms say junk like 'that was the longest run all year for the Pats' or 'Wow, that 40 yard run is the longest in like 10 years'....

Better get ready to start out scoring teams again, and that could be a problem unless Carson can learn to tuck a football away- 5 fumbles in 2 weeks- last thing we need is him compared to Kurt Warner who is a fumble machine.

Hate of the game goes to KK, same ol' same ol' with him and to that bitcha Dillion- why does the media believe he was done wrong by Cincy?

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered...and quickly too. Here are a few questions and a few observations.

1. What's the problem up front with Willie and Levi? Many will point to the absense of Rich Braham but we seem very vulnerable to pass rushes from the outside.

2. I think the time for a change is near with Tory James. Early signs were evident against the Colts last year. Against Cleveland he gave up the long pass and last week against Pittsburgh he gave up a long one early to Wilson. Can Joseph

3. We are too suseptible to trick plays, fakes and misdirections.

4. Was the team (1) thinking ahead to the bye week, (2) in a funk because of the Odell-Chris Henry saga, or (3) was it a post-Pittsburgh letdown? Or some of all of the above.

5. Has anything really changed since Breshnehan took over? Is Sam Adams too big? Where is the pass rush?

6. I usually try to shy away from blaming the refs and I wish I understood the rules better but how is the hit by Kevin Kaesviharn was any different that the hit on Chad (vs. Cleveland) and Chris Henry (vs. Pittsburgh)? A critical change of momentum that they could not survive. I felt they gave up after that.

7. Do they miss Pollack and Dexter Jackson as much as it seemed?

8. We are not very good at blitzing.

1.)Levi Is injured.willie well he got his contract :P

2.)I agree but I wanna see brooks and peko starting too.

3.)I noticed we havent even really used reverses which we throw out every now and then.

4.)no clue.

5.)Sam adams was only brought in to eat space i'm more let down by Brob and JT...Breshnehan does make me wonder o_O I wouldent mind start playing bears style defense o_O

6.)Ya thats was BS call but mybe it cause it was agaist the pats :P

7.)David was suppossed be the answer of our passrush woes and dexter a sure tackler who is good in coverage so yes we are missing them alot o_O but its also let down of alot of other players.

8.)I thought we blitz'd preatty well last year with Odell and pollack...but I noticed even with jeanty that our Blitz'd with LB's sucked....the DB blitz's the patruits were picking up well too.

It seems everytime we blitz we fail to get there and the wr are so wide open that someone forgets to cover them. We get no push and when we do blitz its like they just give up. I dosnt seem to me though that sam adams is pluggin the wholes and if he is where the hell are the linebackers at shooting the gap, it just seems like everyone is confused or not sure where they are supposed to be.

that bitcha Dillion- why does the media believe he was done wrong by Cincy?

Glad I didn't hear any of that. I thought it was 2001 against the Titans. "Dillon stuffed again from the one!" I really wonder what he expected people to do. People around here really tried to embrace him but he was such an assclown that it turned people off. Same with Carl Pickens. That's why Rudi was such a welcome breath of fresh air and seems to be a genuinely good person that people like alot.

Blah blah blah 87. You sound like a bitter loser. Let it go already.

I understand that we were pretty much out played in every aspect of the game today. That happens sometimes when you come off of a big win and right before a bye week. No excuses though. We had it handed to us today. Holy crap that was bad.

But here is my one question. I was at the game, so I had a very limited view of the play...when Kasevaharn (sp) crushed Caldwell. It looked damn clean, no helmet to helmet or anything. Am I wrong?

GD if that ain't funny when it gets put that way. I would suspect SteelerFanFace won't be back if the Bolts leave the mighty Steelers 1-3. Or at least the last of his worries will be the Bengals run defense, which definitely is a big worry for the Bengals. Fortunately Willie Parker and Verron Haynes or not even close to being anywhere near what Maroney, Dillon and Kevin Faulk are.

I understand that we were pretty much out played in every aspect of the game today. That happens sometimes when you come off of a big win and right before a bye week. No excuses though. We had it handed to us today. Holy crap that was bad.

How am I being a bitter loser by pointing out to Bengals fans that they are not the gods of the football universe they thought they were, and that they shouldn't forget about the Steelers so soon? Again, the only difference between this week and last is turnovers. The Steelers made a ton of them, and in doing so gave the Bengals a perfect opportunity to win the game that the Bengals capitalized on time and time again. The Pats didn't turn the ball over like that, and so, you got the result of what last week's game would have been without the turnovers. I'm not saying the Steelers are perfect. I'm pissed as hell that we made so many stupid ass mistakes. But the fact is, you haven't won the division yet.

Oh and schweinhart, if the Chargers beat us, which I doubt will happen, I won't leave, because I'm not a p***y like that. And you really want to talk about Willie Parker after he ran for 133 yrds against you?

How am I being a bitter loser by pointing out to Bengals fans that they are not the gods of the football universe they thought they were, and that they shouldn't forget about the Steelers so soon? Again, the only difference between this week and last is turnovers. The Steelers made a ton of them, and in doing so gave the Bengals a perfect opportunity to win the game that the Bengals capitalized on time and time again. The Pats didn't turn the ball over like that, and so, you got the result of what last week's game would have been without the turnovers. I'm not saying the Steelers are perfect. I'm pissed as hell that we made so many stupid ass mistakes. But the fact is, you haven't won the division yet.

And the fact of the matter is that you are three games out of the lead four games into the season.

You take offense that Bengals fans act like Bengals fans on a Bengals site. Fact of the matter is that we are the Gods of the Football Universe. It just takes time for others to come to realize this.

See what I am saying here? You think that we act like we aren't able to recognize our flaws. Oh we know our flaws. But we aren't going to harp on them or make them more than they are, no matter how much you want to make them more than they are. When it comes to a Stiiller fan trying to highlight those flaws, what do expect to happen? The Bengals fans are going to attack your premise, we won't admit anything to you no matter what. Would you expect Stiilllers fans to admit your flaws on your site to a Bengals fan? Of course not. Come on now, get real.

Ok 87. Whatever.

You are 2 games back of us.

But get this. We can't worry about you anymore. No matter what you want to think, the Bengals now can't have the infighting with the Stiillllers, or else the Ravens will take advantage of the situation. So now, we are shooting for bigger fish than you Stiilllers. And yes, right now the Ravens are bigger fish than you.

Well, after continuing to read... I'm ready to reconfirm my opinion that KK is a turd !!! Did I already say that ?? Oh well, it bears repeating !!! Havn't heard much about Madieu, but he looks less physical this year than I remember seeing in the past. As for needing Odell ?? You are d*mn right we NEED Odell !!! To start with, the defense has no ATTITUDE whatsoever. NONE !!! What happened to the "at least we won't have any p*ssies on our defense" ?? I sure as hell don't know, because that's exactly what they looked like today when they just gave the f*ck up during the game.

DPM, don't worry about regretting the post. I'm betting you will be more pissed off tomorrow and only come back to blast away a little more...

I'm WAAAAAAAAY pissed off tonight !!!

WHODEY !!!

Classic let down game. Seems to me the players did the same thing we boardmembers did, relished that Pitt game just a little too much. Going out and partying like we won something. We got a bye week to figure things out.

Defensively, we are banged up. Third string LB starting(Miller) DJax out. No pressure on the ball(the lack of pass ruch is KILLING me), and we REALLY miss Braham calling the protection

We're still 3-1 B)

That pretty much covers it. Plenty of work to do, need to get healthy. At the bye, 3-1. I am pretty happy with where they are, actually.

In some ways, prefer the blowout to a close loss. They should have no misconceptions about the work ahead of them after that game...

A few other thoughts to add:

1. In response to DPM's query about Palmer...I don't expect we will see the 2005 Palmer this season until very late, if at all. His comeback has been remarkable, but he missed basically six months of the usual work he gets in with his receivers and timing. It's off, by some measure, and it may be off all year. I would expect it will get better, but I doubt it will be all the way back until he gets a normal off-season of work again. That plus...

2. ...the offensive line play has now gone from mildly annoying to full blown worrying. Ghuicac was abused in the 4th quarter. Embarrassing. Willie and Levi getting beat around the end? Happened already more this year than all of last. No wonder Carson is off on some of his throws, too many people too ***damn close to him. If they don't address that during the bye, it's going to be a hard slog to the 10-6 season I predicted.

3. Dexter Jackson has to get back. His run support is SORELY missed. They need Jeanty healthy after the bye too. If I have to see Caleb Miller get run over one more time this year, it will be too many.

4. Jon Joseph's time should be now.

5. I am guessing ML will have no problem getting their attention this next two weeks...

Army, question, what did you think of the hit KK gave Caldwell? He lit him up. But was that an actual penalty? Do you expect a fine?

I have now seen it a couple of times. Every time I have seen it I get more fired up.....

Personally, I loved the hit and think there is a bit of violence to the game that I love !!! Seriously though about the validity of the hit, it was mentioned before about other hits (like the one on Chad) not getting fined or flagged and think there is great disparity on the part of the officiating crew as to what condones a flag and or fine. I don't think that play with KK was a malicious hit, but more of one that couldn't have been avoided and he was trying to make a play on the receiver. That being said, he will probably get a huge fine !!!

Regardless of how much I personally enjoyed the hit he put on that dude, I still dislike KK greatly !!!

WHODEY !!!