Best and Worst Stadiums

bengal4life

Here is a list of the top 5 stadiums and the worst 5 stadiums according to an analyst on FoxSports.com.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/5941952?FSO...CP&GT1=8595

Here is what he said about us,

2. Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati. The fans were so vulgar and there were such displays of drunkenness (no, fans, inebriation is not a right) that the team — to its credit — has instituted a jerk line to call out idiots who cross the line. Fans can use their cell phones to rat out their neighbors. Will it help? I'm skeptical. I realize that Cincinnati fans aren't the only ones who exhibit boorish behavior (Philly fans practically wrote the book on it). Besides those issues, however, there are things to dislike about PBS. I found it difficult to navigate in a car to a suitable lot, and to find the entrance to the stadium. Fans screaming about disrespect ("Who dey! Who dey! Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?") is hardly worthy of great NFL chants.

Is this really true? I always thought people loved coming to Cincy and listen to the Who-Dey chant. :D He talks about the jerk hot line. I don't necesarily think it's the Bengal's fans that made Brown come to this, but rather the fans of opposing teams. Granit every stadium is going to have a few asses in the crowd, but do you think Paul Brown Stadium has become the 2nd worst Stadium in the league?

I would say at the very least that Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Oakland are far worse places to go as far as fan behavior. Hell, at Arrowhead the fans were booing their team by halftime. You should have heard their post-game call in shows because they were ripping their team to shreds. I don't even think it's too bad at PBS. Between the guy basing his ranking on that and the Who Dey cheer I think he's a joke.

Elliott Kalb is a meat smoker.

There is no differential stated about the stadiums (the actual buildings) to the fans, chants etc (the EXPERIENCE). He has a bad experience in Cincy cos he doesn't like the Who-Dey chant? so classifies it as a bad stadium?? Blow it out yer ass Elliott!

WHO-DEY!

This is probably true since the Bengals are now the hottest thing in cincinnati and everyone wants to get tickets to go to the games. Where were all these fans when we were losing? Now that they're so hot, it's become "cool" to like the Bengals (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) but it attracts a lot of idiots who know nothing about football and just want to be along for the ride and the party. When I went to the playoff game last year against Pitt, I'd agree with this guy, There where people getting absolutely wasted. I mean to the point where they shouldn't have even made it through the doors. There were guys in the parking lots bonging grey goose and jack daniels bottles. This isn't something that I haven't seen before trust me, but it's not appropriate for a football game. I don't know how many guys from pittsburgh were getting harrased or even beat up, i seen a couple of fights after the game in the parking lot too. Either this guy has a chip on his shoulder for cincinnati or his opinion has to tell us something, since he does get to go to every stadium.

Talk about misapprehending the Who Dey chant.

With that, he immediately reaches "tool" status and can be ignored. It's nice to be clear about that.

On top of that, his only stadium comments are that parking was hard to find (a joke, since affordable parking with a short four block walk is easy enough for even a mental incompetent to find) and he couldn't locate one of four enormous entrances? Perhaps Kalb is not the brightest bulb in the basket.

PBS is a spectacular venue for an NFL game, not a bad seat in the house, awesome views north and south out of the stadium, and loud as hell. All of his other complaints are ancillary to the stadium experience.

Exactly how many other NFL chants are there?

Here are the ones I know, please fill in the gaps:

"Here we go Brownies, here we go, woof woof" Pure poetry that one.

"J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!" Not bad. Good thing the name isn't longer though.

"Who-dat...." Honestly, I don't know the rest of this one, is it the same as ours? Chicken or egg?

That's all I know. I'm sure there are more, but if this guy is going to slam "Who-dey" he should really give us a superior example, eh?

Look, I love PBS . . . think it's a GREAT stadium. I've been a season ticket holder since it's inception. But I bet his note about parking is right on if you don't know the area and don't get there at least an hour and a half early. Also our "fans" have been getting worse over the last couple of years. At the playoff game last year I got into a shouting match with a few of our "fans" who were berating a couple of Steeler girls walking to the stadium behind us. They were calling them every name in the book and making up a few extra.

I DO NOT WANT OUR CROWD TO BE ON PAR WITH THOSE BOZOS AT OTHER VENUES!!! YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND (or Pittsburgh, or Buffalo, or Philly, or Oakland).

The comment about the Who-Dey cheer, get a life dude!

Yup, we suck.:rolleyes: Cincy players are either criminals or sick sadists with a deep desire to injure or even kill people on Sundays. :rolleyes: The fans are boorish, drunken thugs with delusions of Lombardis. :rolleyes: The owner is a cheap scam artist who has bilked those idiot fans and screwed those player for years. Yadda. Yadda. Yadda. :rolleyes:

Just embrace the hatred, boys and girls. No good team, or its fans, goes unloathed.

I agree with you tippcity, A lot of the "fans" were way outta line that sunday of the playoffs. Hopefully we can get back there this year and it'll be a different outcome. I know that when Palmer went down everyone was really pissed off, but no reason to act like a bunch of drunken fools.

People need to realize that when your at a game your not only there to support our team, but your also a representative to the city. You never know who may be sitting/standing right behind you.

This is probably true since the Bengals are now the hottest thing in cincinnati and everyone wants to get tickets to go to the games. Where were all these fans when we were losing? Now that they're so hot, it's become "cool" to like the Bengals (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong) but it attracts a lot of idiots who know nothing about football and just want to be along for the ride and the party. When I went to the playoff game last year against Pitt, I'd agree with this guy, There where people getting absolutely wasted. I mean to the point where they shouldn't have even made it through the doors. There were guys in the parking lots bonging grey goose and jack daniels bottles. This isn't something that I haven't seen before trust me, but it's not appropriate for a football game. I don't know how many guys from pittsburgh were getting harrased or even beat up, i seen a couple of fights after the game in the parking lot too. Either this guy has a chip on his shoulder for cincinnati or his opinion has to tell us something, since he does get to go to every stadium.

For the record, we were still filling the stadium when we sucked all through the 90's. I went to four games last year. I saw a guy almost fall off the third level, and that same guy was passed out in his chair by midway through the third quarter. Also saw some young Bengal fans just berate this old guy with two little kids that were Bills fans.

However, people in Ohio drink...usually a lot. There isn't much else to do but drink. I think a lot of our fans don't know how to act to a winning team. I hope we represent ourselves a little better. Personally, i think most of our "real fans" on thos site are very respectable people. ;)

First off, the article's BS, let's get that right out of the way. If anything, the Bengals' management is actively trying to maintain a good atmosphere by heading off the things that happen at all stadiums. Doing the Jerk line doesn't indicate a greater amount of jerks, but a greater caring about the presence of any jerks.

However, asshats do still exist, and I think it would be great for our fellow fans to help out. I don't want to be put in the same boat as idiot fans in Cleveland and Pissburgh, let alone Oakland. Good natured jabbing of opponent fans is fine, but vulgarities are unnecessary. I also think they should do more to keep idiots throwing stuff onto the field out of the endzone seats. Last time I was there, there was a handful of those (Bengal fans, unfortunately) who chucked a few of their empties over the rail.

In other words, a desire to make our stadium better is not an admission that our stadium is bad by NFL standards, but rather an indication that as a city we have a little more class than some areas. And yeah, I'm gone now, but it'll always be home for me.

Where in the world is this guy from??? Did he only go once to each game? He has a very biased opinion with every one of his experiences.

I am a Philly fan and even I know it can be a very trying experience. Did he even visit all of the stadiums? This article blows my mind...

And where was Cleveland Browns stadium? I mean the one time I was there I smelled something and I stepped in gum. That should automatically place them in the top 5, right?! I mean who enjoys stepping in gum... :lmao:

Oh, and his criteria make no sense. He bitches about FedEx being too long a ride from the city (DC). First, it's not that long at all. Takes you half an hour, with traffic, if you're coming from the district. But the other point is that most fans *aren't*. Most Redskins fans live in the sprawling DC suburbs. So it would make sense to put it on the beltway (equiv to 275), right, so anyone can get there? Or is that too logical? Who the hell would want to fight traffic to actually get in DC, find scant parking, then have the disaster of getting back out? Oh yeah, that's why no one goes to Nationals anymore, too much of a pain in the ass. FedEx can be a long drive for people from Northern Virginia like me, but traffic around DC sucks no matter what. Deal with it.

Also, he put Gillette on the good list, but it's in Foxboro. Meadowlands is in NJ. A whole lot of other ones too. Basically, he's bitching because they didn't put the stadiums near the hotels the reporters stay in, but rather where fans can actually get to. And God forbid he park and walk a few blocks. Boo f'ing hoo.

He also nails FedEx because it has too many corporate types and not enough "Hogs". So which is it, do you want rowdy fans or not?

There are truths in most of the posts above.

I went to two home games last year and was simply appalled at the "drunk redneck" quotient at the stadium (Green Bay game with the idiot running onto the field in particular).

My problem with PBS are the narrow concourses and seating aisles - sardine can-like.

There are people who go to these games just to "be seen" and get plastered as if it's the event of their lifetimes.

And then there are the females who feel the need to stuff their faces with food constantly and walk up and down the aisles repeatedly during the game, blocking folks views - really annoying. We even had to say something to one gal who literally never sat down once during the entire game - she seemed to get-off on walking around in with her ill-fitting clothes in front of a bunch of hairy, smelly, inebriated men. :)

TippCity...I don't conflate fans with stadium.

And, what idiot who is new to a park gets there any less than 90 minutes before kickoff and expects to drive into a gilded parking spot by the front gates?

If you're saying that the reporter is an idiot, well I'm with you. I was just relating a story that may clarify his viewpoint. It has been getting worse over the past couple of years and I hope the jerk line has some effect. I doubt it but a man can hope.

However to anyone who will be visiting PBS this year, get there early to park and have a few :cheers: to get fired up. As DC said, good natured ribbing is fine but KNOW where the line is. And if Shula is really bugged by the girls in ill-fitting clothes, send 'em my way :sure: !

I love the actual stadium. I hate many of our fans.

Many fans that go to Bengals games are drunk by halftime. They fight with each and are extremely rude to people from other cities (especially in the past year. The Chiefs game in 03 was perfect fan behavior and the most enjoyable viewing experience I ever witnissed). I love the Bengals, I love respectful fans, but if you are going to get drunk, do it on your couch and not paying 7 dollars for a beer.

I actually agree with Fox Sports on this one. We're not the second worst stadium, but I would put us in the bottom 10.

I love the actual stadium. I hate many of our fans.

Many fans that go to Bengals games are drunk by halftime. They fight with each and are extremely rude to people from other cities (especially in the past year. The Chiefs game in 03 was perfect fan behavior and the most enjoyable viewing experience I ever witnissed). I love the Bengals, I love respectful fans, but if you are going to get drunk, do it on your couch and not paying 7 dollars for a beer.

I actually agree with Fox Sports on this one. We're not the second worst stadium, but I would put us in the bottom 10.

The people that are the real problems are drunk before the game starts. They sit out there tailgating, downing as much beer as they can before the game starts. There is no way for Bengals to solve this solution... because it won't stop even if they stop selling beer at the game. People still bring their own to tail-gate.

They've already taken the first step to solve the problem with the jerk-line. I like the idea a lot... because I previously would have never wanted to take kids to the game. Now I don't have to worry about it (and by the way, my wife and I had a very positive experience at the pre-season Monday nighter).

The only other solution would be to have police patrol the parking lots and arrest people for public intoxication before the game. That would be qutie a job, and probably not all that beneficial.

The Jerk-line should fix the problem for the most part. If someone liek the guy who writes this article doesn't like the way he's being treated, he's one phone-call away from relief. That's a pretty good step in the right direction if you ask me.

I guess my irritation is with what his article was supposed to be about.

Is it about stadiums? Because PBS is a spectacular place to actually watch a football game.

Is it about boorish fanbases? I make one game a year, and have not seen much of what people here have reported, but taking that all at face value, sounds like things have been less than cool of late.

But the one has nothing to do with the other...if he is ranking stadiums, his article is ridiculous. If he is rating behavior of fanbases, perhaps he has some traction...

For the record, we were still filling the stadium when we sucked all through the 90's. I went to four games last year. I saw a guy almost fall off the third level, and that same guy was passed out in his chair by midway through the third quarter. Also saw some young Bengal fans just berate this old guy with two little kids that were Bills fans.

However, people in Ohio drink...usually a lot. There isn't much else to do but drink. I think a lot of our fans don't know how to act to a winning team. I hope we represent ourselves a little better. Personally, i think most of our "real fans" on thos site are very respectable people. ;)

I really don't recall us filling the stadium all through the 90's, especially the late 90's. I remember barely getting to watch all the home games on TV. I'd say about 4 years ago was the first season that we got to see every game of the season from home because of sell outs.

I've also never understood the whole getting trashed at the game thing. Don't get me wrong, I like getting trashed as much as the next guy. But when you're paying (these days) around $100/ticket, do you want to compound that with 1) a ton of $7 beers, and 2) causing you to be unable to actually pay attention to the game?

I'd rather post-party, personally.

Look, I love PBS . . . think it's a GREAT stadium. I've been a season ticket holder since it's inception. But I bet his note about parking is right on if you don't know the area and don't get there at least an hour and a half early. Also our "fans" have been getting worse over the last couple of years. At the playoff game last year I got into a shouting match with a few of our "fans" who were berating a couple of Steeler girls walking to the stadium behind us. They were calling them every name in the book and making up a few extra.

I DO NOT WANT OUR CROWD TO BE ON PAR WITH THOSE BOZOS AT OTHER VENUES!!! YOU DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND (or Pittsburgh, or Buffalo, or Philly, or Oakland).

The comment about the Who-Dey cheer, get a life dude!

Were they hot? if so I agree very honorable thing to do ^_^