Notable cuts around the league...

aaronburr

Nothing too surprising, I suppose. But I think it helps to keep things in perspective. Superstar one day, unemployed has-been the next.

The Browns cut Frisman Jackson, too. I think that big TD against the Bengals was the only one he ever scored, so I'd like to think there's some karma in that.

Patriots cut Chad Brown, are only keeping 2 QB's on the active roster.

The Texans also cut down to 2 QB's. I think they had 5 at one point.

Veteran wide receiver Peter Warrick had his contract terminated as the Seahawks reached the league-mandated 53-man roster. Warrick started training camp as the punt returner and fifth wide receiver, but he failed to impress the coaches as the summer progressed. His departure opened a roster spot for Maurice Mann, who led the club with 10 receptions in the preseason. Cornerback Jimmy Williams is expected to be the punt returner.

Veteran wide receiver Peter Warrick had his contract terminated as the Seahawks reached the league-mandated 53-man roster. Warrick started training camp as the punt returner and fifth wide receiver, but he failed to impress the coaches as the summer progressed. His departure opened a roster spot for Maurice Mann, who led the club with 10 receptions in the preseason. Cornerback Jimmy Williams is expected to be the punt returner.

Ah Maurice Mann, the former Bengal 7th round draft pick, still tooling around having great preseasons, but not getting a shot in the regular season.

Ironically he beats out former Bengal top 5 pick Warrick for a roster spot.

Here are a few names that stood out to me. Several of the names

were kicked about as potential draft picks for the Bengals

....Orien Harris, the Steelers 4th rd pick this year was one name that

stunned me to see released. It also looks like a couple

of decent TE's as well.

DB Nate Salley Carolina 4th rd

TE Cooper Wallace Chicago Fa

DL Babatunde Oshinowo Cleveland

DT Montavious Stanley Dallas

WR-KR Skyler Green Dallas

WR Charles Rogers Detroit

LB Brian Iwuh Jacksonville

TE Teyo Johnson Miami

WR Fred Gibson Miami

TE Zack Hilton New Orleans

WR Anthony Mix NY Giants

DE Orien Harris Pittsburgh

Noted a numer of former Bengals were cut

Former Bengals

-------------------------

G Thatcher Szalay (Baltimore)

C Brock Gutierrez (Detroit)

FB Nick Luchey (Houston)

QB Casey Bramlet (Redskins)

WR Peter Warrick (Seattle)

Cleveland could do far worse than pick up Gutierrez, who I am certain was our center in at least one of the games when Corey Dillon went well over 200 yards of rushing

I'd love to see them bring Bramlet in for a looksie

I also noted the following players who might be able to help us in some fashion were also cut

Potential pickups

--------------------------------------

TE Billy Miller (New Orleans)

QB Omar Jacobs (Pittsburgh)

S Donte Nicholson (Tampa Bay)

RB Antowain Smith (Houston)

Ah Maurice Mann, the former Bengal 7th round draft pick, still tooling around having great preseasons, but not getting a shot in the regular season.

Yeah, odd call on the part of the Hawks. They only kept 5 WRs, one of whom is the inexperienced Mann and another, Darrell Jackson, who is already dinged up. Warrick, meantime, looked fine, notching up 74 yards receiving in 3 games, plus a nice 25 yard punt return.

There's also talk that the 'Hawks are trying to get Deion Branch. Doing so is the only way the Warrick cut makes much sense to me.