Big Ben wrecks/gets released/admits his mistake

Whenever the head is involved there's a chance the injury could be life threatening. You know that, so don't act like that's a non-issue. Furthermore, you just defined yourself as the kind of fan every self-respecting football lover would call "classless". If you're ok with that -- ignorance is bliss.

Are you always a drama queen ?

Toothlessberger`s injuries never were life threatening.

Exaggerated, yes. Life threatening...never.

His BIG HEAD took the brunt of the impact, and he was

able to avoid injury to his hand-off hand ! So his career

was never in jeopardy either !

I never wished injury on Toothlessberger. His own

decision making made the injury happen. So when I heard

about it, I never felt the need to all of a sudden care or even

act like I care about him. I`ve always hated the guy. And more than likely,

will always hate the guy.

So, why should I feel compassion for some millionaire dumbass,

who I have never liked, who plays for a team I have hated for 30+ years

and who suffered self inflicted injuries ?

And when I say self inflicted, I mean that he CHOSE to ride

a motorcycle, without a helmet and without a license.

I guess I don`t have a place for Toothlessberger in my heart.

That doesn`t make me "classless". I guess I`m heartless, when it

comes to millionaire dumbasses, that play for a team I hate, that puts

theirselves in harm`s way... and gets harmed.

I`m gonna burn in hell now !!!!11111 oooooo knowes !!!111111 :smoke:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read it and I'm not understanding where your confusion lies. You asked for it, in full context:

All right, let's see...

"Stiller nation is freaking out,I feel bad for him and the fans but for all those ones who took pride and joy in carsons injury......KARMAS A B**CH =P"

Perfect example. How does a guy who says I feel bad for him and the fans get tarred as a guy who is happy Ben is hurt? How is a guy who specifically singles out asshat Steelers fans who came here in January to make fun of Carson's injury happy Ben was hurt?

"What comes around.......... :crutches::gramps: " (from a moderator no less)

Direct response to the former post calling out asshat Steelers fans. As is:

"this is what i been waiting to see happen to the steelers they all laughed a us when carson went down

This one was used, and abused, in the PG story...

atleast carson isn't a dumbass like big ben .

so this news hopefully he might miss some time this seaon but it all depends on his injures which just heard does not seem to serious right now. besides having a bloody face"

Your writer deliberately took out the reference to the poster saying he'd heard Ben would be all right, and instead substituted a line about his condition being unknown! He flat-out changed the nature of the quote to imply this was said when he might die....completely untrue. This is what you are defending!

"Ok lets say its a broken jaw and he needs reconstucting surgery on the teeth, How long of a heeling process is that? Will he be ready for week 1 or better yet will he be out the whole season?"

"Couldn't happen to a bigger asshat! You bragged last year when Winslow was hurt that you don't wear a helmet. You were proud to be in a state that let you ride without one, and flaunted the league's inability to force you to do so. Now you got hurt! Kudos!"

"...if this was Joey Porter, I would laugh.

Call me a jerk but there is fitting justice when crappy things happen to crappy people."

"It's low class to be cheering because a guy who said "I'm superman, I don't need to wear a helmet. It's not taking a risk to not wear one, I've never been in an accident before" finally got his?

I'm still waiting to see how any of these comments show joy at Ben's injury.

The dude laughed about Winslow. Well, it's his turn, and I'm laughing at him.

One for your side.

"As you can tell by the name I'm not a Ben fan. But I will say this I really hope the guy gets better. Being a motorcycle rider myself you hate to hear about someone, anyone wrecking on a bike. I usually don't wear a helmet either but that's called freedom of choice. Call it stupidity but it is a choice. With that being said who's the one worrying about their opening day QB now? (laughing emoticons) It's called KARMA you cheap shotting bastards. All the Squeeler faithful right now-- (crying emoticons) "

As you can tell by the name I'm not a Ben fan. But I will say this I really hope the guy gets better.

Ben hater. Clearly. :rolleyes:

"I remember when he laughed about Winslow too, and so I'm going to be honest when I say I could really care less about this happening to him." (for the record, he never laughed at Winslow. That's just an excuse to make fun of him).

Two for you.

"Irony, they cheap shoted their way to the super bowl, now Kharma comes in f**k them!" (from everyone's favorite douchebag)

Kaz? Everyon's favorite douchebag? Kaz, were you aware of this honor? In any event, still looking for the happy-Ben-is-hurt bit.

"First off, I hope he survives.

Secondly, it could not have happened to a bigger asshat.

Thirdly, I love the fact that Trash nation is wanting to kill themselves now. Karma is truly, truly a bitch. That's the first thing I thought of when Dan Patrick announced this today."

I guess "I hope he survives" = "I hope he dies" in Pitts-tongue.

"dick head shut the f**k up ass hat's like you make me glad this happend . i was just thinking how bad this is. then your sister humping toothless self started posting your s**t . now ben fits in s**ttsburg perfectly no teeth and dumb as hell. now all he needs is a goatee and start dating his sister or cousin"

I only got through page 7.

Awesome. After 7 pages you could come up with maybe 3 posts to support the PG's position that there was widespread joy at Ben's injury. Even the PG has edited their story now to back off that.

It's true, though, that most on the boards were mature and sympathetic about it.

Then we are talking about...what? Didn't you just lose this argument?

But the article was accurate, there were innappropriate comments made. You can't deny that.

Yeah, I can, because the article changed quotes, removed them from context, and strongly implied that there was deep and broad happiness at Ben's injury...an idea even your exhaustive search has not been able to maintain.

The story was a lie.

CT,

Those in glass houses. When Palmer went down the whole Steeler nation jumped for joy. Burger, after months of telling the media he rides a bike without a helmet, took a header into a New Yorker. After 1 hour everyone knew he was ok...well, except Steeler fans whose only reason for living was about washed down the highway storm sewer. We all know 90% of Steeler fans only cared if he could play football. The funny thing was seeing the reaction to the knee injury report. Before that it was "he'll be ok," then suddenly "our season is ruined." You, nor the majority or Steeler fans give a rats arse about Ben's well being other than if he can play QB. Please spew your "you are terrible people" elsewhere, because I bet if you weren't a Steeler fan you could care less about any other auto accident. Especially some idiot that took a header into a windshield after proclaiming to the masses he doesn't wear one because he doesn't need to.

Why is everyone in such denial about being classless jerks about this situation. Yeah, it was a select few of you, but why are you defending them? No one was denying he was stupid for not wearing a helmet. No one CAN deny that. But the critcism on here was not aimed at that, and it wasn't constructive or compassionate, it was mean spirited and tasteless. The quotes from the PG reflect that. If you really want to make a stink, ban the idiots who made such remarks. It's very simple.

Uhhhh, you're the very same idiot who once claimed that the Bengals were better off in the playoff game with Palmer hurt because Kitna was better. Frankly, I think you checked your credibility at the door.

And why would we ban the Spanish peanut and JJAKQ? They somehow managed to punk the entire crap panted SteelerNation. Huge props.

:sure:

I can't get over the feeling that you're joking with this stuff. Are you being sarcastic little CT? Come on, you can level with me.....just a little maybe?

CT was the troll who offered a bunch of fake compassion for a day or two before his true Steeler yellow showed itself. Now he's playing the "I'm shocked and offended" card, with pinky finger held high. Frankly, he can teabag me.

Bottom Line: Ben did a very stupid thing, and Steeler fans crapped their pants in response. Blinded by their own stupidity SteelerNation lashed out at anything and everything and now finds itself here.

Bonus Bottom Line: When the load in their collective pants begins to cool they'll leave.

Whenever the head is involved there's a chance the injury could be life threatening.

But it was Ben's head. I'm pretty sure it's filled with leaves and straw. Besides, the reports that the injuries were life threatening were ridiculous and more importantly...discounted very early. The fact remains that your entire city is filled with drama queens who feared the worst, and according to a Pittsburgh radio host, cared very little about Ben's health beyond it's impact to the football team.

Maybe you should save your criticism for fellow Steeler fans?

Blah blah blah, same as every other excuse on here. Yes, every single Steeler fan jumped for joy when Palmer was hurt. That's the same as me saying "All Bengals fans are like Spain". Is that true? Of course not, but you guys just love to generalize. It's just an excuse to say the things you say.

Ben was stupid to ride around without a helmet, no doubt about it. But he's still a kid. At that age you're indestructible. When you're that age and a millionaire, you're untouchable, I imagine.

CT,

Those in glass houses. When Palmer went down the whole Steeler nation jumped for joy. Burger, after months of telling the media he rides a bike without a helmet, took a header into a New Yorker. After 1 hour everyone knew he was ok...well, except Steeler fans whose only reason for living was about washed down the highway storm sewer. We all know 90% of Steeler fans only cared if he could play football. The funny thing was seeing the reaction to the knee injury report. Before that it was "he'll be ok," then suddenly "our season is ruined." You, nor the majority or Steeler fans give a rats arse about Ben's well being other than if he can play QB. Please spew your "you are terrible people" elsewhere, because I bet if you weren't a Steeler fan you could care less about any other auto accident. Especially some idiot that took a header into a windshield after proclaiming to the masses he doesn't wear one because he doesn't need to.

Spoken like a true douchebag Bengal fan. Let's give two morons props for being...morons. I think your credibility has been doo-doo stained.

Uhhhh, you're the very same idiot who once claimed that the Bengals were better off in the playoff game with Palmer hurt because Kitna was better. Frankly, I think you checked your credibility at the door.

And why would we ban the Spanish peanut and JJAKQ? They somehow managed to punk the entire crap panted SteelerNation. Huge props.

Spoken like a true douchebag Bengal fan. Let's give two morons props for being...morons. I think your credibility has been doo-doo stained.

Would it be ok with you if Ben lived a normal life the rest of his days but could never be cleared to play another game for the Stealers? I doubt it...so take your self-righteousness somewhere that people will just agree with you because they can't understand what you are saying...ala a $hitsburgh message board.

Blah blah blah, same as every other excuse on here. Yes, every single Steeler fan jumped for joy when Palmer was hurt. That's the same as me saying "All Bengals fans are like Spain". Is that true? Of course not, but you guys just love to generalize. It's just an excuse to say the things you say.

Not true. I SPECIFICALLY remember your classless responses to Palmer's injury. Before things played out you managed to say several of the most stupid things I've ever read on these boards. So don't for a minute think that we're buying this crap about you dismissing what OTHER Steeler fans said.

I can't speak for Spain, but I'm satisfied that the karma remark was directed squarely at you and your ilk.

In a nutshell, you're exactly the type of classless asshat you now claim to despise, and you're in no position to lecture others about anything.

I am sick of this "Ben made a mistake, he is just a kid" excuse from Pitt fans.

The guy is 24 years old, a millionare, has been under some extreme pressure (I categorize playing as an NFL QB very pressure packed) and had been warned of not wearing a helmet.

He is not a kid. He is an adult. I guess that Pitt fans are implying that Ben is immature. Ben has to take responsibility. Saying he is a "kid" is a cop out. He made his bed, and has to accept the consequences that come from not wearing a helmet. No, he did not ask to get hit, yet by not wearing a helmet, he implicitly accepts the risk that he could get hurt from someone elses error on the road.

I know Ben is a good guy. Hell I saw him play a couple of times up at Miami Ohio, and have followed him from way back when.

But Pitt fans saying that kids make mistakes is a weak excuse. Ben is not naive, not stupid, not prone to this kind of stuff. Pitt fans should really reconsider when they say their star QB is just an immature kid who made a mistake. Ben is not an immature kid. He should have known better, that is for sure.

It's true, though, that most on the boards were mature and sympathetic about it. But the article was accurate, there were innappropriate comments made. You can't deny that.

I can certainly deny it. Yes, you do make a valid point with the posts you listed. I didn't expect to see that many (still, it wasn't just "most" Bengals fans supporting Ben, it was the vast majority), though some of that is still taken out of context. That's not the point, however. Fittipaldo directs his article at the entire Bengals fanbase. He uses the (few) posts on Bengalszone to merely support his radical claims, as well as some absolutely rediculous input from a PhD holder who should know better. That article is pure anti-Bengals propoganda.

Think about it this way, CT... Say the tables were turned 100%. Carson Palmer, starting quarterback of the Superbowl 40 Champion Cincinnati Bengals is out riding his motorcylce in downtown Cincinnati. He crashes into a car making a left turn, and sustains facial and head wounds in his collision with the windshield.

A select few Pittsburgh fans on a well known Steelers message board make light of the incident, and make fun of Palmer's condition and say all sorts of classless crap. A Cincinnati Enquirer journalist publishes an article attacking that website and the Steelers fanbase for this sort of classless activity, long with a piece written by a Cincinnati psychologist making sarcastic comments regarding Steelers fans' intelligence, and Bengals fans begin to stampede the website angry and insulted.

You visit this hypothetical Steelers website very frequently, and among many others, you wish Carson Palmer the very best and hope for his swift return to the football field. You take notice of this Cincinnati Enquirer article and all the Bengals fans shouting on your message board; how do you respond?

"Yeah, we Steelers fans are acting like trash, we should be ashamed!"

Or...

"That article is a slanted and biased load of garbage, and these Bengals fans are fools for having payed it any attention."

Obviously you ARE a Drama Queen.

Roethlisberger`s injuries NEVER WERE life threatening.

And no matter how big of a Drama Queen you keep trying to be.

That fact isn`t going to change. PERIOD.

And if being classy is "pretending" to care about someone

that you REALLY don`t give 2 s**ts about... then OK, I`m "classless". ^_^

Whenever the head is involved there's a chance the injury could be life threatening. You know that, so don't act like that's a non-issue. Furthermore, you just defined yourself as the kind of fan every self-respecting football lover would call "classless". If you're ok with that -- ignorance is bliss.

Are you always a drama queen ?

Toothlessberger`s injuries never were life threatening.

Exaggerated, yes. Life threatening...never.

His BIG HEAD took the brunt of the impact, and he was

able to avoid injury to his hand-off hand ! So his career

was never in jeopardy either !

I never wished injury on Toothlessberger. His own

decision making made the injury happen. So when I heard

about it, I never felt the need to all of a sudden care or even

act like I care about him. I`ve always hated the guy. And more than likely,

will always hate the guy.

So, why should I feel compassion for some millionaire dumbass,

who I have never liked, who plays for a team I have hated for 30+ years

and who suffered self inflicted injuries ?

And when I say self inflicted, I mean that he CHOSE to ride

a motorcycle, without a helmet and without a license.

I guess I don`t have a place for Toothlessberger in my heart.

That doesn`t make me "classless". I guess I`m heartless, when it

comes to millionaire dumbasses, that play for a team I hate, that puts

theirselves in harm`s way... and gets harmed.

I`m gonna burn in hell now !!!!11111 oooooo knowes !!!111111 :smoke:

I love reading this Bengal tripe on this site...the Bengals have never done anything, never won a Super Bowl yadda yadda yadda, they have a group of rap sheet thugs, big mouths, cry babies...win something and quit worrying about Ben...yeah, I know, this is the year...you Bungal fans are starting to sound like the Browns, Cincy has had nothing since Rose and Bench were on the diamond...hire a bail bondsman and shut the hell up...

I guess Ben, like, hates himself now or something. He says nothing worse than everyone here said, except he (so far) hasn't had some Post-Gazetter reporter twist his comments...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5696896...140813162&ATT=5

Roethlisberger apologizes to Steelers, fans

Associated Press

Posted: 10 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Ben Roethlisberger apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers, fans and his family Thursday, a day after leaving the hospital, saying he was fortunate to be alive and promising to wear a helmet if he ever again rides a motorcycle.

"In the past few days, I've gained a new perspective on life," the Super Bowl-winning quarterback said in a statement released by the team. "By the grace of God, I'm fortunate to be alive ... "

He said in the statement that if he ever rides a motorcycle again "it certainly will be with a helmet."

In the statement, Roethlisberger said that he realizes he has a responsibility to safeguard his health in the offseason so he can continue to lead the team.

"I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me," he said in the four-paragraph statement.

Too bad common sense had to be pounded through his head in such a ...literal...manner.

But that Ben...how dare he suggest he isn't perfect???

Joisey, don't you know, his brain has now fully matured. :wacko:

I love reading this Bengal tripe on this site...the Bengals have never done anything, never won a Super Bowl yadda yadda yadda, they have a group of rap sheet thugs, big mouths, cry babies...win something and quit worrying about Ben...yeah, I know, this is the year...you Bungal fans are starting to sound like the Browns, Cincy has had nothing since Rose and Bench were on the diamond...hire a bail bondsman and shut the hell up...

It's easy to be a Steelers fan. Just like anybody can be a Cowboys fan or a 49ers fan in the 80's.

"What comes around.......... :crutches::gramps: " (from a moderator no less)

What I said was: When you're reduced to speak that way about an opposing team's player it's time to get some perspective.

Yes it was from one of several moderators that spent a while de-trolling this place of people like you immediately after Palmer's injury. Where was Mr. Fittipaldo then?

It's not about Ben at all. It's about guys like you.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9508

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9450

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9366

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9415

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9278

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=9418

BTW, you missed the thread I posted about Ben's trip to Switzerland. I took a little grief for that. I must really hate that guy.

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=11170

Ben was stupid to ride around without a helmet, no doubt about it. But he's still a kid. At that age you're indestructible. When you're that age and a millionaire, you're untouchable, I imagine.

How would you feel if it was Tommy Maddox who was in the accident (honestly)?

How would you feel if it was Tommy Maddox who was in the accident (honestly)?

I'd hope the guy would recover completely without too much suffering. Same as I say for Ben and same as I say for Palmer. Or most people for that matter. As much as I hated him on my team he's also a human being with a family.

Pretty cool. You can almost feel the attack of the Pittsburgh drama queens losing it's steam. I'm pretty sure that in no time at all they'll bottle up their righteous anger and return to the places they came from...where they can contemplate in solitude the ramifications of having a starting QB who lacks maturity and common sense.

Their rehab has just started. Their truth ache must pain them deeply.

SteelerNation, go in pieces.

06/12/06 - The day SteelerNation crapped it's pants.

That's a generalization. Keep talking CT, it brings back memories of the post-Palmer thread where you started out with the fake sympathy only to devolve into name-calling. You're offically full of crap. Irony, apparently, starts with "CT."

I hate to keep adding to this thread, but as boomer has become fond of saying, you can't make this stuff up -- and in the case of showing insufficent sympathy to Biig Ben, the yuks just keep coming. Today's victim is SI columnist Michael Silver.

After Ben's accident, Silver penned a column about Roethlisberger. Early on, he includes this paragraph:

I thought about that strange scene Monday after hearing the awful news about Roethlisberger's scary motorcycle crash in downtown Pittsburgh, one which reportedly resulted in a series of injuries (broken jaw, broken nose, lost teeth, head lacerations and minor knee ailments) that may or may not impact his team's attempt to defend its title. Hopefully, Roethlisberger will bounce back from this brutal accident in time for the regular-season opener in September and spend the rest of his glorious career warning fellow bikers of the dangers of riding without a helmet.

Silver then went on to discuss how unusual a path Ben has followed, using as an example his unusual aversion to film work. The whole column can be found here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnns...cnnsi&type=lgns

One woud think that a paragraph-long wish for Ben's recovery and return would be sufficient to inoculate oneself from accusations of being an uncaring, horrible ogre.

One would think wrong. In today's column, Silver relays an e-mail from an apparent Pitt fan, caught in the act of blowing a gasket:

"Are you for real? This exceptional athlete is going through hell right now and you have the timerity to write an article that essentially bashes his work ethic and work approach? What kind of man takes the opportunity to deride someone who they wouldn't be writing about right now were it not for the terrible accident that has been visited upon him.

You are talking about a young star of the NFL who has worked his tail off to get to the position that he is in. You blithely and without any sense of propriety and class, write an article that is mean-spirited and despicable while this poor man lies in agony in a hospital room.

Shame on you. You embarass your entire profession! I rarely use derogatory language but the word 'jerk' is the only word that comes to mind when thinking about the person that wrote this ridiculous piece of trash.

Hopefully, your employer will receive more comments like this one and will soon move you to the curb with everything in your office!" -- Terence Mannion from Syracuse, N.Y.

Whole column here: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvQG...cnnsi&type=lgns

Ya gotta love it. Apparently any talk about Lord Ben (Praise Be to His Name) outside of tearful pleas for a miraculous recovery, is verbotten. :lmao:

Guys like me never made light of Palmer's injury. You mean guys like the minute minority of Steelers fans who don't know how to act. So, why stoop to their level? Doesn't that make you just as classless as them?

Yes it was from one of several moderators that spent a while de-trolling this place of people like you immediately after Palmer's injury. Where was Mr. Fittipaldo then?

It's not about Ben at all. It's about guys like you.

Guys like me never made light of Palmer's injury. You mean guys like the minute minority of Steelers fans who don't know how to act. So, why stoop to their level? Doesn't that make you just as classless as them?

Bingo. Apply that principle to this discussion and the Bengals fans on this website. Exact same principle. That's why Fittipaldo's article sucks. Hell, most of the bad apples Fittipaldo mentioned weren't even bad apples! It's pathetic that he used jjakq as an example when he specifically said he wishes Ben the best. The same goes for all the other out of context commentary.

Nobody is stooping to their level. Some people are just reminding them of it.

Bingo. Apply that principle to this discussion and the Bengals fans on this website. Exact same principle. That's why Fittipaldo's article sucks. Hell, most of the bad apples Fittipaldo mentioned weren't even bad apples! It's pathetic that he used jjakq as an example when he specifically said he wishes Ben the best. The same goes for all the other out of context commentary.

Nobody is stooping to their level. Some people are just reminding them of it.

CT, if I unjustly lumped you in to a group where you don't belong then I apologize.

However, I would like to share this tidbit from yesterday evening from the adminstrator of this fine establishment.

"I just got here and don't really know what has happened. The only thing I know right now is I have 60 some odd new registrations today all from steeler fans. "-B24.

I am confused about this. Don't they have Steeler message boards anywhere?