Big Ben wrecks/gets released/admits his mistake

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Ben, like, hates himself now or something. He says nothing worse than everyone here said, except he (so far) hasn't had some Post-Gazetter reporter twist his comments...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5696896...140813162&ATT=5

Roethlisberger apologizes to Steelers, fans

Associated Press

Posted: 10 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Ben Roethlisberger apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers, fans and his family Thursday, a day after leaving the hospital, saying he was fortunate to be alive and promising to wear a helmet if he ever again rides a motorcycle.

"In the past few days, I've gained a new perspective on life," the Super Bowl-winning quarterback said in a statement released by the team. "By the grace of God, I'm fortunate to be alive ... "

He said in the statement that if he ever rides a motorcycle again "it certainly will be with a helmet."

In the statement, Roethlisberger said that he realizes he has a responsibility to safeguard his health in the offseason so he can continue to lead the team.

"I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me," he said in the four-paragraph statement.

Too bad common sense had to be pounded through his head in such a ...literal...manner.

But that Ben...how dare he suggest he isn't perfect???

Big Ben was heavily criticized last season for admitting that he rode a motorcycle without a helmet. He chose to continue to ride without an helmet. It is just unfortunate that it took an accident to change his mind. But it is human nature. We all think something like this will never happen to us, but we continue to do what common sense may tell us otherwise. He is fortunate that he will now be able to ride again and be able to choose to wear a helmet.

Big Ben was heavily criticized last season for admitting that he rode a motorcycle without a helmet. He chose to continue to ride without an helmet. It is just unfortunate that it took an accident to change his mind. But it is human nature. We all think something like this will never happen to us, but we continue to do what common sense may tell us otherwise. He is fortunate that he will now be able to ride again and be able to choose to wear a helmet.

In about 10 days, something else will manifest from the accident. You can't tell me he doesn't have damage to the disks in at least his neck and we already know he had a concussion. This guy's a chinadoll player now.

I learned from a friend who works at Mercy Hospital ...

The guy was riding his motorcycle not just with no helmet, but also with flip-flops, shorts, and a cut-off shirt. Brilliant!

I bet he looked real cool in the brief moments between flying over the handle bars and impacting the windshield of that poor old womans car. Very cool indeed.

Truth be told I'm a little bit surprised that Ben promises to wear a helmet IF he ever rides again. I figured he was so stupid that he'd play the rebel role and promise that none of this would change him.

So big props to the Big Asshat for learning his lesson...even if it was the hard way.

BTW, Ben may be a stupid assclown, but he's a role model by default and I think the world needs to see a picture of der Frankenberger.

I think your wrong. And Chinadoll will beat our bengals again and again. I fear this the most.

Oh, you are so correct. He is so overpowering. What will we do for the next several years? I am so very concerned. That game in Pittsburgh last year was just an accident. The start to that playoff game was simply blind luck. You are right. I give up. He owns us. I fear this the most. That's a great way to put it. Yeah, right.

I think your wrong. And Chinadoll will beat our bengals again and again. I fear this the most.

Did you forget that you admitted being a Steeler fan?

Steeler fans: Big Ben is going to be fine. His brain, such that it is, remains unharmed. So there's no reason for you to stay on Bengal messageboards proving your stupidity with each post you write. :conan:

My advice to you is to leave in a huff or in a showy fit of hiss. In fact, use this smilie on your way out. It'll prove that you're really tough guys.

:blowup2:

Steeler fans: Big Ben is going to be fine. His brain, such that it is, remains unharmed. So there's no reason for you to stay on Bengal messageboards proving your stupidity with each post you write. :conan:

My advice to you is to leave in a huff or in a showy fit of hiss. In fact, use this smilie on your way out. It'll prove that you're really tough guys.

He's talking to you member 2208, 2212, 2214, 2237, and 2240. I have no fear that you will not all see this because you are all the same person. We will miss you, but only in a removed cancer kind of way.

He's talking to you member 2208, 2212, 2214, 2237, and 2240. I have no fear that you will not all see this because you are all the same person. We will miss you, but only in a removed cancer kind of way. Because, you see, you were our cancer.

EDIT: Okay, that was lame. Didn't mean to double up there. It does look kinda cool with the explosions and all.

Why is everyone in such denial about being classless jerks about this situation. Yeah, it was a select few of you, but why are you defending them? No one was denying he was stupid for not wearing a helmet. No one CAN deny that. But the critcism on here was not aimed at that, and it wasn't constructive or compassionate, it was mean spirited and tasteless. The quotes from the PG reflect that. If you really want to make a stink, ban the idiots who made such remarks. It's very simple.

I guess Ben, like, hates himself now or something. He says nothing worse than everyone here said, except he (so far) hasn't had some Post-Gazetter reporter twist his comments...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5696896...140813162&ATT=5

Roethlisberger apologizes to Steelers, fans

Associated Press

Posted: 10 minutes ago

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Ben Roethlisberger apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers, fans and his family Thursday, a day after leaving the hospital, saying he was fortunate to be alive and promising to wear a helmet if he ever again rides a motorcycle.

"In the past few days, I've gained a new perspective on life," the Super Bowl-winning quarterback said in a statement released by the team. "By the grace of God, I'm fortunate to be alive ... "

He said in the statement that if he ever rides a motorcycle again "it certainly will be with a helmet."

In the statement, Roethlisberger said that he realizes he has a responsibility to safeguard his health in the offseason so he can continue to lead the team.

"I was confident in my ability to ride a motorcycle and simply believed such an accident would not happen to me," he said in the four-paragraph statement.

Too bad common sense had to be pounded through his head in such a ...literal...manner.

But that Ben...how dare he suggest he isn't perfect???

But the critcism on here was not aimed at that, and it wasn't constructive or compassionate, it was mean spirited and tasteless. The quotes from the PG reflect that. If you really want to make a stink, ban the idiots who made such remarks. It's very simple.

Not really. The only quote from that ridiculous article that could support your conclusion would be the one from Spain and you can't ban Spain....he's like the board cockroach. He would come back in even more powerful form. And since when is being "mean spirited and tasteless" enough to get banned from this board? You're still here and you had some doozies post-Palmer. It wasn't "constructive or compassionate" -- you're needed in OR Dr. Schweitzer. This is a football fan message board. You want compassionate join the Peace Corps.

I can't get over the feeling that you're joking with this stuff. Are you being sarcastic little CT? Come on, you can level with me.....just a little maybe?

Why is everyone in such denial about being classless jerks about this situation. Yeah, it was a select few of you, but why are you defending them? No one was denying he was stupid for not wearing a helmet. No one CAN deny that. But the critcism on here was not aimed at that, and it wasn't constructive or compassionate, it was mean spirited and tasteless. The quotes from the PG reflect that. If you really want to make a stink, ban the idiots who made such remarks. It's very simple.

Why are Steelers fans in denial that the ARTICLE WAS A LIE?

Why can Steelers fan not READ THE ACCIDENT THREAD HERE:

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=11374

and see how the "quotes" were taken OUT OF CONTEXT???

Why have I posed this challenge to EVERY STEELER FAN who has posted here today and NONE can answer it?

Jeezus...and it's supposedly us Bengals fans who don't have fully developed brains... :rolleyes:

When someone's life/career is in jeopardy. He was in a serious accident and was in serious condition. Do you think that's appropriate to trash talk about someone's life? When you're reduced to speak that way about an opposing team's player it's time to get some perspective.

I never made such remarks about Palmer's injury, feel free to search the archives if you see fit. I think that's wrong on any level.

And since when is being "mean spirited and tasteless" enough to get banned from this board? You're still here and you had some doozies post-Palmer. It wasn't "constructive or compassionate" -- you're needed in OR Dr. Schweitzer. This is a football fan message board. You want compassionate join the Peace Corps.

I can't get over the feeling that you're joking with this stuff. Are you being sarcastic little CT? Come on, you can level with me.....just a little maybe?

Why are Steelers fans in denial that the ARTICLE WAS A LIE?

Why can Steelers fan not READ THE ACCIDENT THREAD HERE:

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=11374

and see how the "quotes" were taken OUT OF CONTEXT???

Why have I posed this challenge to EVERY STEELER FAN who has posted here today and NONE can answer it?

Jeezus...and it's supposedly us Bengals fans who don't have fully developed brains... :rolleyes:

I just read it and I'm not understanding where your confusion lies. You asked for it, in full context:

"Stiller nation is freaking out,I feel bad for him and the fans but for all those ones who took pride and joy in carsons injury......KARMAS A B**CH =P"

"What comes around.......... :crutches::gramps: " (from a moderator no less)

"this is what i been waiting to see happen to the steelers they all laughed a us when carson went down

atleast carson isn't a dumbass like big ben .

so this news hopefully he might miss some time this seaon but it all depends on his injures which just heard does not seem to serious right now. besides having a bloody face"

"Ok lets say its a broken jaw and he needs reconstucting surgery on the teeth, How long of a heeling process is that? Will he be ready for week 1 or better yet will he be out the whole season?"

"Couldn't happen to a bigger asshat! You bragged last year when Winslow was hurt that you don't wear a helmet. You were proud to be in a state that let you ride without one, and flaunted the league's inability to force you to do so. Now you got hurt! Kudos!"

"...if this was Joey Porter, I would laugh.

Call me a jerk but there is fitting justice when crappy things happen to crappy people."

"It's low class to be cheering because a guy who said "I'm superman, I don't need to wear a helmet. It's not taking a risk to not wear one, I've never been in an accident before" finally got his?

The dude laughed about Winslow. Well, it's his turn, and I'm laughing at him."

"As you can tell by the name I'm not a Ben fan. But I will say this I really hope the guy gets better. Being a motorcycle rider myself you hate to hear about someone, anyone wrecking on a bike. I usually don't wear a helmet either but that's called freedom of choice. Call it stupidity but it is a choice. With that being said who's the one worrying about their opening day QB now? (laughing emoticons) It's called KARMA you cheap shotting bastards. All the Squeeler faithful right now-- (crying emoticons) "

"I remember when he laughed about Winslow too, and so I'm going to be honest when I say I could really care less about this happening to him." (for the record, he never laughed at Winslow. That's just an excuse to make fun of him).

"Irony, they cheap shoted their way to the super bowl, now Kharma comes in f**k them!" (from everyone's favorite douchebag)

"First off, I hope he survives.

Secondly, it could not have happened to a bigger asshat.

Thirdly, I love the fact that Trash nation is wanting to kill themselves now. Karma is truly, truly a bitch. That's the first thing I thought of when Dan Patrick announced this today."

"dick head shut the f**k up ass hat's like you make me glad this happend . i was just thinking how bad this is. then your sister humping toothless self started posting your s**t . now ben fits in s**ttsburg perfectly no teeth and dumb as hell. now all he needs is a goatee and start dating his sister or cousin"

I only got through page 7. After that, when it was clear Ben would be relatively ok, is when most of the rest of you guys started making jokes about it. Still not cool, considering there may be complications and his career could be jeopardized.

It's true, though, that most on the boards were mature and sympathetic about it. But the article was accurate, there were innappropriate comments made. You can't deny that.

You say that not everybody here made the comments you and the articel complain about.

AGREED.

You say that everbody here needs to get some perspective.

WHY? If the above is true Why?

What I said was: When you're reduced to speak that way about an opposing team's player it's time to get some perspective.

When someone's life/career is in jeopardy. He was in a serious accident and was in serious condition. Do you think that's appropriate to trash talk about someone's life? When you're reduced to speak that way about an opposing team's player it's time to get some perspective.

I never made such remarks about Palmer's injury, feel free to search the archives if you see fit. I think that's wrong on any level.

Are you always a drama queen ?

Toothlessberger`s injuries never were life threatening.

Exaggerated, yes. Life threatening...never.

His BIG HEAD took the brunt of the impact, and he was

able to avoid injury to his hand-off hand ! So his career

was never in jeopardy either !

I never wished injury on Toothlessberger. His own

decision making made the injury happen. So when I heard

about it, I never felt the need to all of a sudden care or even

act like I care about him. I`ve always hated the guy. And more than likely,

will always hate the guy.

So, why should I feel compassion for some millionaire dumbass,

who I have never liked, who plays for a team I have hated for 30+ years

and who suffered self inflicted injuries ?

And when I say self inflicted, I mean that he CHOSE to ride

a motorcycle, without a helmet and without a license.

I guess I don`t have a place for Toothlessberger in my heart.

That doesn`t make me "classless". I guess I`m heartless, when it

comes to millionaire dumbasses, that play for a team I hate, that puts

theirselves in harm`s way... and gets harmed.

I`m gonna burn in hell now !!!!11111 oooooo knowes !!!111111 :smoke:

I'm not going to defend stupid comments ... I don't defend them for any fanbase ... that goes for Steeler fans, for which you have conveniently forgotten. I will say, however, that it was common knowledge around 3:00 p.m. that he was doing fine and his damage was facial, etc. I reported this myself living in Pittsburgh. Or am I not to trust the 'insider reports' from Beuchette and the like? That puts it around the following comment:

The dude laughed about Winslow. Well, it's his turn, and I'm laughing at him."

Seriously, you arrogant punks have blown this way, way out of proportion. This is so typical. As if I would ever turn to the Steeler fanbase (or the city of Pittsburgh for that matter) as the moral authority on ANYTHING. I'm absolutely tired of these useless folks trying to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Living in Pittsburgh, I have learned one thing ... do the opposite of whatever this city suggests ... and life will be pleasing and much more effective overall. WE HAVE ONE FOR THE THUMB! BLING! LOOK AT US! That's it? Because you say that I am supposed to be embarassed or hide because I am a fan of some other team? What? You guys are amazing. Who really cares? Go home.

Living here to bring some knowledge to an otherwise senseless city.

Hey it's not Steelers fans' fault that you let your wife's job keep you in a city you hate. Grow some balls, put our foot down and make a move to Cinci, I'm sure there are plenty of Hospitals there. If you're that miserable there it's pretty easy to move. Something tells me you don't hate it as much there as you'd like your fellow fans to believe.

Seriously, you arrogant punks have blown this way, way out of proportion. This is so typical. As if I would ever turn to the Steeler fanbase (or the city of Pittsburgh for that matter) as the moral authority on ANYTHING. I'm absolutely tired of these useless folks trying to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Living in Pittsburgh, I have learned one thing ... do the opposite of whatever this city suggests ... and life will be pleasing and much more effective overall. WE HAVE ONE FOR THE THUMB! BLING! LOOK AT US! That's it? Because you say that I am supposed to be embarassed or hide because I am a fan of some other team? What? You guys are amazing. Who really cares? Go home.

Living here to bring some knowledge to an otherwise senseless city.

Hey it's not Steelers fans' fault that you let your wife's job keep you in a city you hate. Grow some balls, put our foot down and make a move to Cinci, I'm sure there are plenty of Hospitals there. If you're that miserable there it's pretty easy to move. Something tells me you don't hate it as much there as you'd like your fellow fans to believe.

Ha! Well, there surely is no good way for me to share my level of hatred ... but it's real. When you run your own business, it's a bit harder than that to simply pick up and move. Oh, it will happen soon enough. But for now, I enjoy drawing the deep anger out of this Black-N-Urine city. Sort of fun ... the spice of my life for now. But once I am done taking all their money, I will surely hit the road and spend it in a much more worthwhile city.