The Official, "What are you listening to right now?"

NJ29

Johnny Cash-Folsom Prison Blues

Damn. Got "Out-Retroed" by a kid! :rolleyes:

Cocaine Blues is my favorite Johhny Cash Song. They do it in the Movie Walk the Line, but that guy aint no Johnny Cash. Johnny Cash was and still is a bad ass

Took a shot of Cocaine and I shot that Bitch down. Yeah JC was bad ass.... :blink:

Anything from "Dream Theater" Who, I hear ya out there but this NY CITY band kicks ass .

And John Hiatt greatest hits the A &M years 87 - 94......man its awesome.....check them out :sure:

Don Gibson - Sea of a Heartbreak

Wow, a little Pantera followed up by some jukeboxing Don Gibson. Blain, did you just dip into your moms record collection?

Sea of a heartbreak.

Lost love and loneliness.

Memories of your caress.

So devine.

How I wish that you were mine

Again my dear, I sail on a seas of tears

Sea of a heartbreak.

Don Gibson - Sea of a Heartbreak

Wow, a little Pantera followed up by some jukeboxing Don Gibson. Blain, did you just dip into your moms record collection?

Sea of a heartbreak.

Lost love and loneliness.

Memories of your caress.

So devine.

How I wish that you were mine

Again my dear, I sail on a seas of tears

Sea of a heartbreak.

I listen to old country and pretty much all forms of rock. My favorite bands are Nine Inch Nails, GWAR, Fear Factory, Pantera, Slayer, Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Soundgarden, Tool, the Deftones, the Who, the Rolling Stones, and Sonic Youth. I really like Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Jerry Reed, and Willie Nelson as well. I despise most rap and all new country.

David Gilmour - On an Island

I have a friend who hates this one, claiming it isn't Pink enough. So be it, says I, Pink is now Blue.

I just bought this CD last night and I think it's awesome. I hear a lot of echoes from old Floyd music, specifically those songs that Gilmour influenced moreso than Waters (obviously because it's Gilmour's work).

Gilmour can do more with one note than many guitarists can do with their entire fretboard. (borrowed statement)

David Gilmour - On an Island

I have a friend who hates this one, claiming it isn't Pink enough. So be it, says I, Pink is now Blue.

I just bought this CD last night and I think it's awesome. I hear a lot of echoes from old Floyd music, specifically those songs that Gilmour influenced moreso than Waters (obviously because it's Gilmour's work).

Gilmour can do more with one note than many guitarists can do with their entire fretboard. (borrowed statement)

I agree, it's a gorgeous and mature piece of work. I think some Pinkish fans will be put off by the complete and total lack of a harder edge, but Gilmour has been pointing in this direction for quite some time. For example, "The Division Bell" was soundly thrashed and criticized by the manay fans of the Pink Nation, but it worked just fine for me.

BTW, I read where Gilmour called "On an Island"..."music for staring deeply into a pool of water"...and he admitted that those who listened to it would either love it or hate it for the exact same reasons.

I agree, it's a gorgeous and mature piece of work. I think some Pinkish fans will be put off by the complete and total lack of a harder edge, but Gilmour has been pointing in this direction for quite some time. For example, "The Division Bell" was soundly thrashed and criticized by the manay fans of the Pink Nation, but it worked just fine for me.

BTW, I read where Gilmour called "On an Island"..."music for staring deeply into a pool of water"...and he admitted that those who listened to it would either love it or hate it for the exact same reasons.

Indeed, it's that soft touch that makes it great. I think Floyd lost a lot of it's appeal with those mainstream rock sounds in The Wall or Momentary Lapse of Reason. On An Island takes me right back to Meddle, and I love it. The Division Bell had a similar appeal.

In fact, when I've heard the title song "On An Island" played on the radio, I've repeatedly mistaken it for something on Meddle.

I think Floyd lost a lot of it's appeal with those mainstream rock sounds in The Wall or Momentary Lapse of Reason. On An Island takes me right back to Meddle, and I love it. The Division Bell had a similar appeal.

One of the most interesting things I read in the recent interview was how Gilmour's level of success had allowed him to record his music in whatever manner he wanted, and The Division Bell was a deliberate attempt to make music that was warmer and more personal. He said that he felt too many Pink Floyd songs were too cold, too distant, and in the example of Crazy Diamond...emotionally void. In fact, Gilmour claimed that the recorded version of Crazy Diamond was so sterile that it was profoundly embarassing to him as a songwriter.

Go figure.

The Descendents - everything sucks

• 3 weeks later...