The Official, "What are you listening to right now?"

NJ29

Cat Stevens

I just love Cat Stevens, who cares if he got all weird and Islamic, that dude can sing. Plus, I'm being followed my a MoonShadow. :D

I read just the other day that he's working on a new CD. He claims that it won't be overly preachy, and said he's in a unique position to bridge both worlds, western and islamic.

• 4 weeks later...

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

Friday night and the lights are low

Looking out for the place to go

Where they play the right music, getting in the swing

You come in to look for a king

Anybody could be that guy

Night is young and the music’s high

With a bit of rock music, everything is fine

You’re in the mood for a dance

And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen

Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You’re a teaser, you turn ’em on

Leave them burning and then you’re gone

Looking out for another, anyone will do

You’re in the mood for a dance

And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen

Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

--

Oh.....that and the "No Leaf Clover" version where Mr Hetfield and Co are accompanied by the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra

--

but not at the same time....that'd be disturbing

I've stumbled across a recent discovery that many of you may find very important.

While spending time in a bar or strip joint I've always found that the ladies respond very well to the song CRAZY, by Seal. Whenever I played this song on the jukebox I observed female behavior no other song could produce. Sadly, this cherished song is now considered a golden oldie, and is rarely available as a possible juke selection. Requesting it be played by a DJ increasingly produces blank stares as the years melt away. So over the years I have searched for a tune that produced comparable female gyrations, table dancing, hip and leg grinding, and flashes of spontanious nudity.

"Crazy Bitch" --- Buckcherry

• 2 weeks later...

The Black Keys - Chulahoma

Go figure. Two young white guys pay homage to the late and great virtually unknown Mississipi bluesman Junior Kimbrough, and the results are so jaw dropping that it makes you want to find Eric Clapton just so you can punch him in the face....again and again and again.

Ten bucks gets you six songs that just might change the way you listen to music. :sure:

The Black Keys - Chulahoma

Go figure. Two young white guys pay homage to the late and great virtually unknown Mississipi bluesman Junior Kimbrough, and the results are so jaw dropping that it makes you want to find Eric Clapton just so you can punch him in the face....again and again and again.

Ten bucks gets you six songs that just might change the way you listen to music.

Listened to them today and wow, who would have thought some skinny white boys from Ohio could sing and play a blues rock style like that ?? Very good listen !!!

WHODEY !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently listening to a loud ringing noise in my head that is almost certainly due to having attended a concert the night before by blues guitar god Joe Bonamassa.

Those of us who sat infront of the bass players amps are also suffering from bruised or liquified internal organs.

I fear that those who sat infront of Joe's lead guitar amps died a glorious death of a thousand cuts.

Gotta go now. I think the phone is ringing again.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 years later...