Vikings/Bengals Game thread

Ox

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great win- makes a nice change to have a good start!!!

congrats, and looking forward to next week

Did you see that Chicago crucified the Lions this weekend? 38 - 6

They are no pushover. 5 INTs, 2 sacks by the D, and a return for a TD by Wade. 139 yards by Thomas Jones, and Orton had a good game.

detroit looks more overrated than i first thought....get beat like that by a rookie QB???

harrington will be out of there for sure....

the bears better bring it or they will get what the vikes just got...

I have to go to work, but I could care less because I am sooo happy.

Except they're gonna get an earful from Marvin about those 17 penalties--which is a franchise record. <_<

Also, did anyone else enjoy Fox's commentators more than CBS's? They seemed to know a lot more about the Bengals and pointed out things that meant they actually done their research.

They are no pushover. 5 INTs, 2 sacks by the D, and a return for a TD by Wade. 139 yards by Thomas Jones, and Orton had a good game.

detroit looks more overrated than i first thought....get beat like that by a rookie QB???

It wasn't all Harrington making bad decisions and bad passes, it was the Bears defense being just like ours, dangerous and opportunistic.

chicago will be a tough test- and should be a great game whatever happens,

and weve got houston at home after that!!

I know we clobbered the Vikings. I know that.

But let's keep this in perspective, and not get too excited just yet....

1) This win was just as much about the Vikings (particularly Culpepper) handing the bengals the win as the Bengals claimed it. How many turnovers were there, two of which were called back on penalties?

2) After scoring the first 27 points, the Bengals started to go flat.....they stopped playing hard after they had them down but not yet out.

3) Our defense did not stop the run. Yes, we managed to cause and recover some fumbles, but the Vikings were very efficient running the ball.

4) Almost 20 penalties?

Again, I know we won. I know we won big. But before you get too excited, ask yourself if the better teams in the league will allow us to win in this fashion. Will the good teams give up multiple turnovers and throw 5 picks? No. Will other teams come back on us if we go flat after getting out a head a bit? Yes. Will we win many games allowing the opponents running backs over 5 yards a carry? No, we won't. Will good teams beat us if we beat ourselves again with that many penalties? Yes, they will.

Chicago might actually be a decent test, given that they have a pretty good defense and home field advantage. Jacksonville will assuredly be a test.

We'll see, but I don't think our Bengals have faced a decent enough opponent to prove anything about how good this team is just yet.......