Week 16: Bengals @ Patriots

HoosierCat

Hayden Hurst was downgraded to out, which is a bummer for him. I feel pretty comfortable with the way that Wilcox has been playing though, and I don't figure it will move the needle much.

I think this game is pretty simple, really.

If the Bengals contain New England's run game, then they will win. Mac Jones and company simply don't have enough juice to win this game if they don't have everything opened up for them by Rhamondre Stevenson. That's why the Sam Hubbard injury looms large, because outside DJ Reader and maybe the two linebackers, he is the most important cog in the Bengals run defense machine. They're going to have to step up in his absence. If the Patriots are able to run the ball and control the line of scrimmage on offense, then that'll simplify everything for Mac Jones and make this game a dangerous one.

If the Bengals DO stop the run consistently, then I think it'll just be a win, period. Even if the Patriots play strong defense, the offense would likely only need to generate about 20 points to take care of business (assuming minimal giveaways).

The coldest it will feel is in Cleveland, for Saints at Browns. Thirty-seven below. THIRTY-SEVEN BELOW!

In Chicago, for Bills-Bears, it will feel as if it’s 21 below. In Pittsburgh, for Raiders-Steelers, nineteen below.

The Seahawks-Chiefs game in Kansas City will generate a “RealFeel” of twelve below. For Texans-Titans in Nashville, four below. In Boston, for Bengals-Patriots, it will be two below. 

- Florio via Yahoo

Per Morrison, Evan McPherson is having some trouble hitting kicks in pre-game warmups. The wind might be a problem on at least one end, where he was coming up short on some 50+ yard kicks.

This could be a game where you take the wind if you win the toss instead of receiving/deferring.

• Like 1