Brett Favre is Trash

HoosierCat

49 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

A volleyball stadium ??  Volleyball ??  I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Oh yeah, pretty shitty.

But volleyball ??

I wouldn't call them stadiums.   A lot of schools have small capcity arenas dedicated to volleyball.   Big 10 and 12 schools would be my guess as to the bigger attendance numbers.   Nebraska/Texas/Penn State have had big crowds for years. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be curious to see this unfold.  If Favre did anything illegal, I’m not sure I’ve seen it yet.  

If he made a series of communications, ie visits, emails, phone calls, saying essentially “I’m Brett Favre, you state officials should build a new volleyball facility at my daughter’s college,” then he’s in the clear.

A separate issue exists - he took money for a speech then never gave the speech.  They likely can’t touch him on that.  

“Money meant for poor people!” All that means is the state official who misappropriated that money may have committed a crime.  May.  They didn’t steal it for personal use.  May have violated some administrative rules, May have violated a law.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:56 AM, COB said:

I’ll be curious to see this unfold.  If Favre did anything illegal, I’m not sure I’ve seen it yet.  

If he made a series of communications, ie visits, emails, phone calls, saying essentially “I’m Brett Favre, you state officials should build a new volleyball facility at my daughter’s college,” then he’s in the clear.

A separate issue exists - he took money for a speech then never gave the speech.  They likely can’t touch him on that.  

“Money meant for poor people!” All that means is the state official who misappropriated that money may have committed a crime.  May.  They didn’t steal it for personal use.  May have violated some administrative rules, May have violated a law.

I don't know if they can charge him with anything yet, but he knew what he was doing, along with the Governor and non-profit administrator, and other corrupt officials in that state.  It's sickening and pathetic, it's a welfare f'ing program in the poorest state in the country that they took millions from, and they're all rich ghouls doing it.  F'*k them.

In one text exchange, Favre specifically asks New whether payments to him could be kept secret. “If you were to pay me is there anyway the media can find out where it came from and how much?” Favre asked. That’s particularly damning given that Favre has claimed he didn’t know the money he received had come from a fund meant for poor kids. 

• Thanks 1

I just read that two years after the money went to the volleyball facility, Favre texted the governor asking if welfare money could finance an indoor practice facility for Southern Mississippi’s football program.

The governor answered that no, the use of federal welfare money was tightly controlled and improper usage could result in a violation of federal law.  

The text messages were obtained as part of the original investigation.  It is made clear that the Governor, who had helped Favre fundraise for the volleyball facility, did not know welfare money had been used to help build it.  

Luckily Favre and the government underlings who did conspire to misappropriate the money left voluminous evidence in the form of emails and text messages.  

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, Mississippi gave over $5 million in welfare money pro wrestler Ted DiBiase and his family to conduct welfare enrichment programs or whatever buzzwords the article used.  One of the sons already plead guilty, they’re trying to seize the other son’s house.  

Mississippi does not fool around when they decide to find a ridiculous and freakish way to misappropriate federal money.  “Saw this feller on the video scope last night, had a big giant dollar sign on his necklace, called himself the million dollar man.  Obviously he knows all about money so we’re giving him five million dollars.”

• Like 1