Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
COB

2022 Reds

Recommended Posts

A tribe fan has to start the 2022 Reds thread.  That about says it all.  I’m watching your ownership, looks like they’ve got a good grip on things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only reason I’m excited for the start of baseball is to go hang out at the ballpark drinking beers and enjoying the day. The ownership isn’t trying to spend any money and the team lacks much luster in my opinion.

Not to say that they don’t have some pieces but not excited about the Reds themselves. The opening home stand is against Cleveland. The Guardians if I’m not mistaken…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t get me with that Guardians dig, I straight up do not care what they’re called.  When they announced the name change, I didn’t care.  When they listed all the possibilities, I didn’t care.  I can’t explain it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I’m only laughing at the Reds owner dismantling his team so he can keep all the money so I can avoid crying over the tribe’s owner dismantling his team so he can keep all the money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dig ?? Me ?????

I could care less about the name as well, but that’s neither here nor there. Every time I hear Guardians, I think of that animated movie where Santa, the Sandman, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny team up. Rise of the Guardians…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Later Gray.

Later Winker.

Later Suarez.

This franchise deserves all the trash the Bengals have wrongly gotten in recent memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete rebuild after finally getting back to competitive. Can’t forget they also got rid of Tucker Barnhart and Wade Miley as well.

TRASH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will follow the Reds and to a lesser extent MLB until the Reds are out of it which is traditionally is mid June.   If they go longer, great!   I'll catch a game or two regardless more if they find themselves in a division race.

However the owner laid it out pretty clear.    Basically claiming any new owner will face the same economic challenges or they'll try to move the team to a better market.   Probably true, I guess.    This is the 4th owner in my lifetime, I guess lost count and its largely the same.   Rarely if ever have they ever out spent teams.

I'm sure their lease is coming up as the Bengals.   Their best option would be to move vs. sale.    Now when the last stadium debate happened it was much tougher to move a MLB franchise. 

Either way,  I hope they stay in it through the summer.  I like to walk to the ballpark and grab some beers along they way.   Would love an opportunity to once again combine that with a Bengals training camp.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking off work in 20 minutes and my son and I are headed down for the home opener today.
I have no thoughts of them competing this season, but splitting the series with the defending champs was a nice start.
We always have a good time headed down there win or lose, so that's all there is to that really.

The thought of the Reds leaving Cincinnati seems like the odds of a volcano blowing it's top in downtown are better.
It's something that should just never be allowed to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if they did somehow move, I'd expect a new Cincinnati Reds team in town soon thereafter a la the Cleveland Browns. They're just too integral to MLB history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I will follow the Reds and to a lesser extent MLB until the Reds are out of it which is traditionally is mid June.   If they go longer, great!   I'll catch a game or two regardless more if they find themselves in a division race.

However the owner laid it out pretty clear.    Basically claiming any new owner will face the same economic challenges or they'll try to move the team to a better market.   Probably true, I guess.    This is the 4th owner in my lifetime, I guess lost count and its largely the same.   Rarely if ever have they ever out spent teams.

I'm sure their lease is coming up as the Bengals.   Their best option would be to move vs. sale.    Now when the last stadium debate happened it was much tougher to move a MLB franchise. 

Either way,  I hope they stay in it through the summer.  I like to walk to the ballpark and grab some beers along they way.   Would love an opportunity to once again combine that with a Bengals training camp.

 

 

 

The Castellinis are actually all the bad things people used to say about Mike Brown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well regardless of what happens today, Burrow threw out the first pitch to coach Taylor and both Chase and Higgins were here as well.

They did the WHODEY chant and the stadium goes wild.

Having some cold ones and this is already a good day !!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, membengal said:

The Castellinis are actually all the bad things people used to say about Mike Brown. 

Yep.  Got a free pass all these years.  
 

As soon as he threw down his gauntlet today all the sports media jumped right in line. 
 

Their record sucks. They’ve destroyed a great baseball tradition.  They might as well sell/move the team.  Why torture the hard core baseball/reds fans?

So glad I adopted a take it or leave it stance with them years ago.  Best of luck reds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Well regardless of what happens today, Burrow threw out the first pitch to coach Taylor and both Chase and Higgins were here as well.

They did the WHODEY chant and the stadium goes wild.

Having some cold ones and this is already a good day !!

I remember all those years ago. The opening day after Super Bowl 23, Boomer was in the crowd along with a couple more Bengals.   Line up the stairs waiting for autographs. 
 

Thanks for the report.  It’s nice to see/hear that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were getting no hit into the 5th and down 4-0 and they came back to tie it up !!

Here we go Redlegs !!!
Don’t suck today !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice home opener.  Your owner cackles insanely as he gives you all the finger, then my mighty Guardians take the game.  At least you had nice weather.  Just remember, you have nowhere else to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it all back.  Your owner has now issued a very heartfelt apology.  It started out, “I hope you like this apology, because where else are you small city hicks going to go for an apology?”  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, COB said:

Nice home opener.  Your owner cackles insanely as he gives you all the finger, then my mighty Guardians take the game.  At least you had nice weather.  Just remember, you have nowhere else to go!

Don't see how anyone can still be a fan of the Cleveland baseball team, after changing the team name that was given to honor the first American Indian to play pro ball.  SAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

Don't see how anyone can still be a fan of the Cleveland baseball team, after changing the team name that was given to honor the first American Indian to play pro ball.  SAD

You don’t know the half of it.  Our owner has cheaped out in every possible way.  Our payroll is something like $49 million.  We spend more than the Orioles and the Pirates, that’s all.  
 

How competitive can we be with the Dodgers, Mets, and Yankees spending $270 million, $245 million, and $239 million respectively?  Not very.  Baseball needs to do something.  Small minded owners aren’t being controlled enough, and are allowed to be parasites, sucking money out of the MLB tv contract and their own loyal fans.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck the Castellini’s…

Seriously, after that comment, yesterday might be the last game I go see this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know an owner has no business owning the Cincinnati Reds when he openly comments about moving the team. It doesn’t matter in what context that conversation takes place, that should never be a topic when considering the team’s and city’s place in baseball history.

SHAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

 

Right.  And the old moving threat appears on opening day of all days.  This idiot is operating from an outdated playbook.  Cities used to line up to hand an owner a free stadium.  No more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×