Week 11: Bengals @ Raiders

HoosierCat

Last night the Raiders looked like a team that has sort of folded the tent already.  They’ve been through a lot.  They discovered  that their head coach, really the architect of the whole operation, was whatever he was, got his ass fired.  Then their teammate and primary deep threat goes on a homicidal drunk driving cruise and ends up in the clink. That team has to be basically going through the motions.  And since we all watched Marvin coach his vet heavy, very comfortable, teams, we know what that looks like.  

We do. Except for the inevitable one-week rallying cry that almost always seems to happen when we show up on the schedule. Caught Jets week after 54-13 loss to Pats. Caught Browns when they were rallying around NOTOBJ. Now catching Raiders off of losses to Giants on road and getting humiliated at home. Feels like another "show your pride" game looming against us. Sucks. 

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Bengals have been embarrassed for two straight weeks.
When are they planning their own "Show your pride" game.
I'd like to buy tickets when they decide to do that.

That's usually during the dead cat bounce time. We save those up. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for posting the depth chart Mem.  I haven't bothered to look at it in a while.

Some of my own (maybe flawed) thoughts:
- While I don't expect Hargreaves to come in and unseat Hilton or Awuzie, I hope he gets reps sooner rather than later, because I think he has more upside than almost any other CB on the roster.

- Curious if they have continued working with Pooka Williams on punts returns on the practice squad?  If Irwin is buried on the depth chart as well, i'd like to see what they have there.  Williams has freakish athleticism and our return game hasn't been something stellar.

- There better not be another LB injury.  They simply can't afford it when looking at the depth remaining.