Week 2 2021: Bengals at Bears Game Thread

Stripes

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

So the week before the Rams took it to the bears for 14 yards per play, so Zac forgives this week we will take them for 5 yards per play, ah yes they will never figure out this game plan. What a joke of a coach we have, sorry Burrow!

As said in the pregame. Bears were not as bad as they appeared in week 1. 

I can’t put this on the coaching staff entirely or even majority.    Guys that can make plays made bad plays all game long including the savior Joe Burrow. 

4 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

As said in the pregame. Bears were not as bad as they appeared in week 1. 

I can’t put this on the coaching staff entirely or even majority.    Guys that can make plays made bad plays all game long including the savior Joe Burrow. 

Really so when the game plan you choose is not working you do nothing at all? You continue to pass short out routes all game even though the defense is sitting there waiting for it. Burrow even said it himself they knew what was coming but he was just trying to fit in a tight window. Sorry but most of this loss is on the coaching staff, not everything, but never giving the offense a chance is on them

As pissed as I am, I have to note...this fucking division is there for the taking. Stealers offense sucks, and they are having injuries. Ravens are beset by injuries, and Browns got taken to the limit at home by the Texans backup QB. Fucking get your house in order ZT and win some fucking games. 

14 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Really so when the game plan you choose is not working you do nothing at all? You continue to pass short out routes all game even though the defense is sitting there waiting for it. Burrow even said it himself they knew what was coming but he was just trying to fit in a tight window. Sorry but most of this loss is on the coaching staff, not everything, but never giving the offense a chance is on them

I’m not sure what game plan is going to prevent a QB from missing a TD in favor of throwing the ball into the back of LB.

Burrow threw 2 bad picks.  That cost them the game.

He also missed Chase with 2 steps on his man and it went out of bounds.  According to Lap. 

Higgins gave up a huge YAC play with a fumble.

Your talking about ZT and game plan? OK

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

As pissed as I am, I have to note...this fucking division is there for the taking. Stealers offense sucks, and they are having injuries. Ravens are beset by injuries, and Browns got taken to the limit at home by the Texans backup QB. Fucking get your house in order ZT and win some fucking games. 

No reason to be pissed. A young team went on the road and played poorly and lost by 3. 

They left a ton of plays on the field in the process

13 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Sorry off-topic a bit and a rant I have get out of my system, but when did NFL games become Cosplay Conventions for weird, middle-aged white dudes? The "Tony Da Tiger" guy is the worst, he gives me the creeps and looks like an idiot.  Grow-up and watch the game like a *** damn adult male, not an 8 year old playing "dress up." For f'ks sake.

Th

Eh, been that way for years. Raiders fans have been dressing like extras from a Mad Max movie forever. But yeah it seems to have spread lately, probably due to social media. You can become a sort of minor celebrity and if you play your cards right monetize it, or at least get free tix, tailgate beers, whatever. It doesn’t bug me but yeah, kinda goofy. 

5 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

I’m not sure what game plan is going to prevent a QB from missing a TD in favor of throwing the ball into the back of LB.

Burrow threw 2 bad picks.  That cost them the game.

He also missed Chase with 2 steps on his man and it went out of bounds.  According to Lap. 

Higgins gave up a huge YAC play with a fumble.

Your talking about ZT and game plan? OK

Yea, yea I am talking about that piss poor game plan. Hey if you enjoy the game plan by all means enjoy it.  

2 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Eh, been that way for years. Raiders fans have been dressing like extras from a Mad Max movie forever. But yeah it seems to have spread lately, probably due to social media. You can become a sort of minor celebrity and if you play your cards right monetize it, or at least get free tix, tailgate beers, whatever. It doesn’t bug me but yeah, kinda goofy. 

This. Super fans have been around since 80s based on my memory.  Social media and a low bar of fame increases the problem.

Every super fan starts off as a super fan but then the constant/instant fame (?) spoils them. 

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

Yea, yea I am talking about that piss poor game plan. Hey if you enjoy the game plan by all means enjoy it.  

I just don’t see an issue with play calling FIRST when it’s clear yards and points are left on the field IF the play called was executed. 

Just now, AMPHAR said:

I just don’t see an issue with play calling FIRST when it’s clear yards and points are left on the field IF the play called was executed. 

The Bears pretty much read every play Zac was calling. I’m not sitting here saying that everything is there fault, of course fumbles, and drops, and bad throws are not there fault. However when you only throw it down the field a couple times and wait till the second half to even try that to me is a problem. It’s like Zac is treating Burrow like a baby, why not just let him play,  let him throw down the field. 

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

This. Super fans have been around since 80s based on my memory.  Social media and a low bar of fame increases the problem.

Every super fan starts off as a super fan but then the constant/instant fame (?) spoils them. 

There was always 1-3 guys in the crowd, I was fine with foam finger guy and Bengal Jim is fine.  The Raiders' "pit" is stupid, but growing-up it was always just 1-3 guys, now everyone in the section is dressed-up like it's a Juggalo convention.  Tony Da Tiger looks like a sad, obese furry, and I have no idea what the Mandalorian or Star Wars has to do with football.  I just can't believe these are adults watching a football game.  It's just annoying, doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but I'm tired of seeing these clowns on my Twitter feed in particular, when I'm just reading news or updates also, or on billboards etc.., but whatever.

50 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

The Bears pretty much read every play Zac was calling. I’m not sitting here saying that everything is there fault, of course fumbles, and drops, and bad throws are not there fault. However when you only throw it down the field a couple times and wait till the second half to even try that to me is a problem. It’s like Zac is treating Burrow like a baby, why not just let him play,  let him throw down the field. 

Hard to overlook 4 TOs in a 3 point loss and the first thing to land on is play calling/game plan. 

24 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

There was always 1-3 guys in the crowd, I was fine with foam finger guy and Bengal Jim is fine.  The Raiders' "pit" is stupid, but growing-up it was always just 1-3 guys, now everyone in the section is dressed-up like it's a Juggalo convention.  Tony Da Tiger looks like a sad, obese furry, and I have no idea what the Mandalorian or Star Wars has to do with football.  I just can't believe these are adults watching a football game.  It's just annoying, doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, but I'm tired of seeing these clowns on my Twitter feed in particular, when I'm just reading news or updates also, or on billboards etc.., but whatever.

Just wait till you see my outfit!

Bengal 3-way super fan

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

It is sad and ultimately the joy of watching a game becomes about them. 

1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

I’m gonna get me a pair of these pants, recolor the stripes black and dye the jacket orange, and go as Nicki Minaji’s Cousin’s Friend who’s a Bengals fan.

You can enter the game like this to get to your seat

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47dqzt4z88ma5zb03l75